Author Topic: Please pray for me; blood work came back  (Read 5121 times)

carrieset

• View Profile
Please pray for me; blood work came back
« on: February 23, 2009, 03:54:13 PM »
As alot of you know, I did get to the doctor last week and had full checkup, blood work done.  I got a call today from the dr's office and they want me in there tomorrow because there's some problems with the blood.

I can't deal with anything else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to all for listening,

Carrie

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Please pray for me; blood work came back
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 04:12:04 PM »
Carrie

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.   Its probably somethink like cholesterol. My dr freaks out over my numbers.  Its like the latest fad thing. 

let us know.
lauren

georgiapeaches

• For mom, dad, Johnny & rock you left to soon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 06:49:28 PM »
Carrie,
I wouldnt get so worried, think about it, you havent been eating right and your iron is probably very very low, they probably are just worried about that, and you know you need to eat better. Will be praying for you. Good news only.

Georgia.
MOM                        JOHNNY

friedgen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 06:51:13 PM »
I will be hoping for the best.  Try not to worry yourself until you know definite answers.  You have suffered enough stress.  You need a break until you know the facts.  Try to refocus for just a short while.  Good luck.  Sending hugs.

Friedgen

Rainman

• My sweet Patty...Oh how I miss you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 07:21:10 PM »
Oh Carrie,

I can only imagine what you must be feeling.  It just never ends does it; the pain, the worry, the anguish.

I will/am praying for you.  I just know that when you post tomorrow, it will be good news.

Ray

Michelle C

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 08:02:10 PM »
Carrie...

We are going to claim right now(In the MIGHTY name of Jesus).... that everything WILL be ok... Tomorrow the news will be simple... and your worries will be over... Try to get some rest tonight and I will be waiting to hear from you tomorrow..

Hugs and prayers to you and to everyone reading this post
Michelle

carrieset

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 09:17:14 PM »
Thank you to all my friends for such comforting and supportive words!

I know that the long journey with Laurence did take a toll on my in every way; I did not panic when I got the call; I will just lean on God for strength.

Again, blessings to all of U,

Carrie

Jap Jr

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 09:02:38 AM »
carrie;

one hour at a time ..........

it could be so many factors, and not necessarily bad; maybe some numbers are a little elevated and that raised concerns; probably something that can be taken care of, as others have posted; you have had a major toll on your body and it just needs to be rejuvinated.

I can imagine you have a zillion thoughts running through your head.

praying all went well today; you have strong faith to get you through this, too.

Jap Jr's - Kay

Michelle C

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 07:18:24 PM »
Carrie.. just wondering how today went... let me know

Big hugs and prayers out to everyone

Jap Jr

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 09:22:33 AM »
carrie;

how did Dr appt go? let us know; we are all concerned.

peace to all of us

Kay

carrieset

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 10:21:50 PM »
HI everyone:

Thank you for all of your prayers and thoughts towards me yesterday.  All tests were okay, except still elevated blood pressure but almost a month on those so will take time.

Blood work showed something to do with not enough oxygen in blood.  was mentioned potentially COPD.  Then after listing to front, back, lungs, etc. and a monitor on finger for oxygen levels, said it was fine for now.  Come back in 2 months.

Unfortunately a smoker who cut way back when I met Laurence as he didn't smoke or drink (well maybe a beer once a year).  When I went back to the dr. yesterday it was the 24th and 2 months since Laurence died.   :'( :'( :'(

Such a healthy strong man, go figure.  And I am the one with bad habits.

I figured it out once that for him to get the most aggressive nastiest brain cancer there is is .0000000001% of the whole US population.  Go figure on that one, too. 

Of course, go figure on everyone else here who lost their beloved for no good reason, either.  Guess it doesn't have much to do with percentages.

Actually started working again today on my ebay business, just a little but did list some new items.  Used to be so exciting, no looks boring, colorless and for what?  Yeah, to pay the bills.

Keep thinking how nice it would be to have a 9 to 5, but considering the competition out there and almost a blank resume from being home for so long, I don't know.

Unfortunately?? have always been an entreprenurial type and have had many businesses I've tried.  Always had to be a little different than everyone else, I guess.

I was visiting  a friend last night and she was just demoted, no bonuses this year, sitting on one of those over-the-top mortgages and house worth 1/2 what it should be.  A single mom and her daughter.  It's sad that this stress is everywhere, doesn't help much when you are grieving!!!

Trying to figure out where the new me is going from here.  Sure am not interested in meeting anyone else; a hug would be nice though.  Some confidence back would be great; no fear of the future would be nice, too;  I know one day, one minute at a time.  I have one of those renegade minds I am trying to rein in.

Very beautiful today here in Phoenix.  A nice 80 degrees.  Actually went out and pulled some weeds.  Soon, though, the HEAT WAVE comes and $350++ air conditioning bills.  Oh, that's right, the AC unit fried last September and Laurence who fixed everything couldn't figure out how to even pay his bills.  I did that for him.   Oh Lord, help!!!

Oh well, looked at my 2 sweet kid's faces, Lauren 11 and Tyler 16, after I picked them up from church youth group tonight and they have no clue what is going on in the world.  Much better for them.  They still have that youthful optimism; thank God!!

Praying to sleep some tonight; can't stand waking up with a racing heart every day.  Takes a couple hours to calm it down.

Sorry for such a long post, but no one else really gets it at all!  My mom called tonight (she is is MN) and I couldn't even answer it.  I didn't want to say Oh, I'm okay, when I'm really not.........

Peace and love to all of you have helped this adrift orphan.  I am soon coming up on my 4th year anniversary in March of meeting Laurence.  Wow, never thought it would turn out this way.

Thank you for caring and sharing,

Carrie

Jap Jr

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009, 08:00:52 AM »
carrie;

Dr appt sounds like it went better than anticipated, that is good news.
Sorry it had to be on the 2nd month of Laurence; unfortunately, so many things will fall on an anniversary date for all of us; the pain and hurt are there.

Nice to hear you got outside and posted on Ebay. Those baby steps. We are in the middle of a snow storm here in MN; saying 8-9 inches of snow and high temp of 20 today and about -10 tomorrow night; enjoy that sunshine. Things were just beginning to thaw out.

Missing Jim so much; looking out the kitchen window at the back yard and just picture the BBQ's we had, bon fires, the table/chairs on the back deck that didn't get put away for the winter, the wood pile that needs to be cut; Jim would have had all that done; time just got away from me. Putting things away just didn't seem important, in fact, forgot about them.

Jim's last daughter that lives here is moving this weekend back to Wisconsin; even tho we get along just ok since Jim passed, I will still miss her and the kids; they are my only link left of him. Also, he had a son that we just found; tried calling him last night, but he didn't answer the phone. Jim's youngest daughter had found him on MySpace about 1 1/2 weeks ago; I hesitated in calling him until last night. Hannah said she has talked to him and they text alot. Sure hope he calls me back; was weird, as listening to his voice mail, sounded like Jim's voice; North Carolina drawl. I really want to talk to him; making my stomach nervous.

Layed in bed this morning and hugged Jim's picture and cried. It is getting so hard to comprehend that he will never be with me again; it just plain hurts and to think we all have to go through this day after day, every day, every week, every month, every year and not have them there. It just rips my heart out - it is so painful.
Makes me shake, and I HATE IT! God, please give me some strength as it hurts so much. Crying as I type this.

Life just seems pointless anymore.