Author Topic: The "Day" is Over  (Read 3331 times)

Rebecca

• nospam
    • View Profile
The "Day" is Over
« on: February 16, 2009, 06:03:26 PM »
Well, the 13th is here and gone... the same 24 hours.  I decided not to go to work, I just didn't want to be there.  I work so hard in helping people who have been convicted of crimes and I just didn't want to hear one more story... one more lie on the day my son died.  I felt ok about not going in.  We went to the cemetary and then left for MI to be with our daughter.  It was sadder than sad but we got through it.  We talked about Jason and how if he was alive he would not have come with us to visit our daughter but would have been working, playing, etc.  It was ok.  We came back on Sat. and now our daughter and her husband left.  He will go back to Boston, she to Chicago and they left the dog with us.  It is fine.  They bought us a Wii and put it together.  The first game we played was bowling and Jason loved to bowl.  I can just imagine how he would have been over all the time, playing the bowling game.  He was competitive.  I want to thank all of you who wrote on the 13th.  I know how difficult these days are for all of us and you all give so much to me and to all the others on here.  I wish all of you as much peace as you can have, under the circumstances.
Rebecca Jason's Mom

charlesafather

• Take A Good Look, Life Is Only A Blink.
    • View Profile
    • In My Sons Memory
Re: The "Day" is Over
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 09:18:03 PM »
thank you

Karen Paul

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • Chris Bascom Memorial
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 08:03:01 AM »
Rebecca - glad you got to see your daughter and talk about Jason..

hugs, Karen
Chris' aunt

Annie1973

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 02:10:31 PM »
Dear Rebecca,

I admire you so much for the work you do, when I read the part of your post that said you didn't want to hear a lie on the day your son died, it took my breath away. How sacred a moment that is, how profound your loss, that you didn't want to have it spoiled.
When June 7th comes, I hope I can face it with the same grace you did. Thank you.

Annie(Dans mom)

ps: if you click on the link right below Dans picture, you can see anothe picture you may like :)
Much love,
Annie (Dans mom)

Brenda(Jessica's Mom)

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • Jessica Kaiser
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 08:22:16 PM »
Rebecca I dont know how you find it in yourself to still do that job.You must be stronger than me. I am sorry I didnt get on here till now, but I am glad you made thru another one of "those days" we all dread so much. Thinking of you, Brenda

Paula (Adam's Brokenhearted Mama)

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 06:55:29 AM »
((Rebecca)) Hugs and more hugs to you!

MelissaCharliesMom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 09:39:14 AM »
Rebecca I am sorry I have not replied sooner.It is good to know you found some comfort in your time spent with your daughter.Thinking of you and your precious boy.

addiesmom

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 05:07:27 PM »
 the day my daughter died is still two months away! I am already stressing about it! It will be one year then!

Big hugs to you!