Author Topic: my wedding anniversary  (Read 11153 times)

sunshineme1

• View Profile
my wedding anniversary
« on: February 13, 2009, 10:39:01 AM »
Tomorrow is my wedding anniversay and guess what....a few more steps backwards, I am so sad, I am going to the cemetary tomorrow and spend some time there with him. I say I am going there..I havent been since the funeral which was only the 2 Jan.   Debbie

Jap Jr

• View Profile
Re: my wedding anniversary
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 11:47:19 AM »
Debbie:

so sorry for you to be spending your wedding anniversary this way; I, too, will be at the cemetary spending time with Jim; I lost him November 21st. Will bring my "homemade card" for him.

prayers of strength

Jap Jr's - Kay

Donna B.

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 12:19:03 PM »
Hi Debbie, just went through what would have been my 40 year anniversary Dec. 20. It was hard, but I made it through. Went out to dinner and just relived a lot of good memories. That helps alot the good memories. I know it is sad and I feel for you. I will be thinking of you tomorrow. Donna

Rainman

• My sweet Patty...Oh how I miss you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 12:53:51 PM »
Debbie,

I just went through the same thing.  Patty died on Dec 23rd and our 6th anniversary was on Jan 25th.  It hurt like hell.  It just feels like things and dates come up that keep kicking me while I am down.  Nothing will let my rest and try to deal with my loss. 

I am so sorry for you.  I will pray for you.

Ray

georgiapeaches

• For mom, dad, Johnny & rock you left to soon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 04:56:45 PM »
Debbie,
My husband was big on our wedding anniv. more than I was and right after he passed away, it was our 20th. So that was very hard, but you'll get passed it. All these "big dates" are going to be hard but we have to get passed the first and go on I guess. The next big firszt for me is my husbands one year since he's gone, and I will be away for that with my family, I'm not looking forward to it, but like I said we have to do it. I'm praying for all of us. I hope you get through your day comfortably.

georgia.
MOM                        JOHNNY

Michelle C

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 06:48:04 PM »
Debbie...

I will be sending God a special prayer for u and I will be sending u a big hug...I went and put flowers on Clarence's grave today... Been there twice (since they laid him to rest) U can make it through... Just remember the good times..

Thinking of u

kevinjj

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 10:02:33 PM »
Im sorry for your loss and I remember well my wedding anniversary, it was not a good day but just let the emotions take you where they will. I never much tried to fight the feelings or resist them and it will pass and some of the emptiness you feel on the day will ease up the next day. Thinking about it coming was worse in some ways than the day itself and it was helpful for me to be around family. I hope you can be around supportive people on your anniversary.

sunshineme1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 11:09:50 AM »
thank you everyone..I did make it through the day it was hard and sad, my granddaughter wanted to be with me for the day so we went to the grave then she was my little date for lunch, it was nice then all of a sudden sunday I wake up and what a terrible mood I had fallen back down and all day Monday so Tuesday I called the doctor and she suggested I talk with the social worker again until my group therapy starts, it seems today I feel a little more up. I have always hated rollercoasters and now I am forced to ride one as we all are.

Jap Jr

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 03:03:37 PM »
sunshine;

So sorry you had to go through that, but what a delite to have your granddaughter with you; sometimes kids can make it seem less hurtful for the moments they are with you. Jim and I won't have a "wedding anniversary" date per say, we were going to be married this year, but didn't set a date yet. I will just have to get through the whole year not ever knowing. I never liked roller coasters either and feel like I'm on one.

Glad to hear you feel a little more up today; baby steps.

Jap Jr's - Kay

zzagkema

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 04:01:25 PM »
Hugs Debbie. I dont know how you got through the day, because I dont know how I will manage it when it comes along.

But I do know that we jsut dont have a choice. These horrible days will and go and somehow we must hang on. I just dont know how we are meant to keep on feeling this pain all the time.

Well done on getting through it though.

I hope you somehow managed to fele close to him for a while.

sunshineme1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 10:58:06 AM »
thank you, yes I made it through the day but what a day and a couple of days after for the past couple of days my mood seems to be stable, the rollercoaster has slowed down a bit.

sunshineme1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 08:39:36 AM »
well I am back again and another anniversary coming up, still not getting easier
Debbie

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 09:47:44 AM »
Debbie,
I'm so sorry to hear you're on that rollercoaster again. I wish I knew something to say, but I don't.

Just want you to know I'm thinking of you and praying that tomorrow's a better day. 
Doug

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2012, 05:03:58 PM »

Hi Debbie,

Glad to see you but sorry you are struggling so, but I understand. We all do. These dates are so difficult. Know you have my heart.

I've added your wedding anniversary to the Spouse Loss Honor Page.

Do you still spend a lot of time with your Granddaughter? I know she has to be a comfort. Mine is, to me.

(((((((Debbie)))))))

Sending lots of love, too!
Terry

sunshineme1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2012, 07:03:21 AM »
Thank you Terry, yes I do spend a lot of time with her though she is a growing woman now at 18 and has a life she is still near me...she always calls me to see how I am, if I go out of town she calls to see if I am ok...she is my rock
You take care

Debbie