Author Topic: Finally laughter  (Read 6067 times)

georgiapeaches

• For mom, dad, Johnny & rock you left to soon!
    • View Profile
Finally laughter
« on: February 10, 2009, 06:03:57 AM »
Someone from the complex that I live in moved away and couldnt take her birds, so she gave them to me, Cockatiels, two of them. Well my kids said "why are you bringing home birds?" we dont need them" I said ok I want them, my mother always loved birds and they livin up the house, well the looks I got.

OK we are all sitting  watching t.v. and the birds start talking, "peek a boo" "pretty boy" and there singing, my kids just looked at eachother at started laughing and who couldnt get to the cage first and teach them something new. now their vocabulary is so big that they try to fit everything they learned into one sentence first thing in the morning, its so funny.

I said to my kids, like these birds huh? yeah yeah mom. I guess, who are they kidding they have a blast with them, you cant watch tv without them saying something to make you laugh, its nice to hear, finally, been missing it around here.

Thanks for listening. My mom would have loved these birds, my husband on the other hand, I wont say....

Georgia.
MOM                        JOHNNY

kevinjj

• View Profile
Re: Finally laughter
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 06:58:37 AM »
That's really good to hear - we slowly begin a new normal and continue to live and that includes some good times too - sometimes there aren't enough of the good times/laughter, etc.

friedgen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 01:16:36 PM »
I am sooo glad to hear you and your kids found some joy and laughter.  You seem like a wonderful and strong person.  You deserve this good thing.  Thank you for all your support and wisdom.  Enjoy those birds.

Friedgen

Jap Jr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 09:58:57 AM »
Enjoy the birds; especially if they can make all of you laugh.
Why she chose you to take them who knows, but maybe your Mom or your husband put you in the neighbors path.

Keep us posted as to their "new words" .

Jap Jr's - Kay

sevenofwands

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 02:01:20 PM »
Sometimes a laugh is the only weapon we have.
óRoger Rabbit

tsurandy

• Peggy's Boy
    • View Profile
    • Randell Wheless
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 04:48:46 PM »
Georgia, I am so happy you and the kids have found the laughter!  Some things are meant to be!
Peggy's Boy

Luvinmike

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 06:12:34 PM »
Those birds sound like so much fun!! I hope they don't learn any bad words, like they might at my house in the morning ha ha! Georgia, you are truly an inspiration, thanks for the great story. Terri

Michelle C

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 09:42:21 PM »
sooo happy to hear that u are finding laughter... U have helped me so much!!! Hope u and ur kids have many more good days.

sevenofwands

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2009, 04:44:51 AM »
"" The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live inside that hope. Not admire it from a distance but live right in it, under its roof. ~      Barbara Kingsolver (1955-___) US novelist

~ We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope. ~      Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

~ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to not stop questioning. ~      Albert Einstein

~ Hope is the companion of power, and mother of success; for who so hopes strongly has within him the gift of miracles. ~      Samuel Smiles

True hope dwells on the possible, even when life seems to be a plot written by someone who wants to see how much adversity we can overcome True hope responds to the real world, to real life; it is an active effort ~      Walter Anderson

georgiapeaches

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2009, 06:02:39 AM »
I still like Roger Rabbit's the best, Seven.

sevenofwands

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2009, 07:16:58 AM »
Yes, Georgia.  So do I!

LOL.

Seven

Jap Jr

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 12:41:09 PM »
georgia;

on a happier note; any new words from the birds?
I would use any kind of laughter

Jap Jr's - Kay

georgiapeaches

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2009, 06:53:51 PM »
Kay,
These birds are so wonderful, me and my kids paly wii and these birds actually whistle at us like they are flirting! they bob up and down and play peek a boo when I take there blankets off in the morning. My mother used to birdsit for me when I was a teenager and she used to whistle such beautiful songs and they used to mimic her, so now everytime I whistle to them I think of how my mother would have loved these birds! They really made us all alittle more happier. there cage is right next to my computer so as I type they sing, so cute.

georgia.

Jap Jr

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2009, 07:35:32 AM »
georiga;

thanks! sounds like they are very entertaining.

how wonderful they remind you of your Mom, too. Funny how sometimes the things we don't expect in life, can make us so happy. You had said you didn't know what your husband would have thought; he is watching you & your children and saying "maybe those birds aren't so bad, they are making my family happy".

Kay

georgiapeaches

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2009, 08:05:17 AM »
So true Kay, makes alot of sense. Who would have thought  my house would have been for the birds!  ;)

georgia.

p.s. my cat enjoys them too.  >:(