Author Topic: alone here?  (Read 9332 times)

middle sis

• View Profile
alone here?
« on: December 15, 2006, 08:56:22 PM »
It seems I am alone here. No one else has seemed to find the "new board". This time of year is especially hard for me as I am sure it is for many others. Maybe its a good thing, I'm here by myself. Maybe others aren't going through the same difficulties as I am. Many holiday wishes to you all!! I will check back later.

ljcs

• View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: alone here?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 10:31:07 AM »
Hi Middle Sis, I'm new to the board. I'm 22 and have lost both of my older brothers in a little over 2 years.  My brother, John was 24 when he passed away in a house fire in 2004, and my brother James was 32 when he passed away a little over a week ago, due to a brain aneurysm. I'm here anytime you feel like chatting, I hope you can find some peace during the holiday season. :)

-Lisa
R.I.P. JDJ 1980-2004 & JWJ 1974-2006. My bros are back together again - oh my is Heaven in trouble. :)

Sad Eyes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 01:48:41 PM »
Hi Middle Sis and ljcs.

You are not alone, we must be sharing some of the same holiday blahs that hit so many of us who have lost loved ones.  I've not posted because I have felt like I could not be very helpful to anyone who is down.  But that's why we are all here to lean on each other and get a helping hand.

I hope that each of you are able to find peace and happiness during this holiday season.  Take care!!

ljcs

• View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 01:54:33 PM »
Hi Sad Eyes, I'm glad you decided to post. I, myself, just found the board today and it's so comforting to know people are out there who understand where we are all coming from.  Take care.

-LISA
R.I.P. JDJ 1980-2004 & JWJ 1974-2006. My bros are back together again - oh my is Heaven in trouble. :)

middle sis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 05:17:29 PM »
Hello Lisa and Sad Eyes
Sorry we are all here but glad to have some others to lean on.
Very well said Sad Eyes, definately in the holiday blahs! Not that I don't miss my brother and sister everyday, but the holidays just really intensify it. I don't really feel I have much to offer anyone either but its helpful to just have people listen who know what I am going through.
Lisa, losing two siblings is tough. I wish I had some words or encouragement for you. Its been 8 years......I can't believe I have survived it. It seems so long yet also like it was yesterday. I really struggle with not having my siblings. I feel very alone. Even though I have a husband and kids, I just really feel alone.
Just be kind with yourselves. As I will try to do the same.
Take Care
Middle sis

Sad Eyes

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 06:40:27 AM »
Middle Sis, you said it all when you said "I can't believe I survived it", I feel the same way.  But we really didn't have a choice in any of it.  I know that I was always under the assumption that I would have my brother and sister around until we were all "old and gray".  It's hard having lost my parents, brother and sister. 

Lisa,  I am so sorry that you have lost so much at such a young age.  I know that it must make your grief much harder to deal with.  I wasn't nearly as young as you are when my losses began.  Even though my friends were very kind and supportive, they just didn't have a clue to what I was really going through.  Our lives change so dramatically after one loss, much less multiple losses.

Take care