Author Topic: Grieving For My Father  (Read 9299 times)

Apaez12966

• View Profile
Grieving For My Father
« on: January 19, 2009, 04:34:57 PM »
How do I cope with the loss of my father.  How do I help my mother and family cope when I can't even help myself.  It's like a cloudy day and no clear skies in my future.  My days are full of sadness.  I don't have patience with anyone or anything.  When does it get better.

tsurandy

• Peggy's Boy
    • View Profile
    • Randell Wheless
Re: Grieving For My Father
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 04:44:28 PM »
Apaez, I am so sorry for your pain.  Take it slow, put one foot in front of the other and just keep going.  I am so sorry, but there is no real answer to when it will get better.  Our grief comes and stays but sometimes we get short reprieves.  That is how I see it now.  Welcome to the forum, but I am so very sorry you have to be here, death has affected each life of the posters and here you will find support, you will not be judged.  What I say is post when you feel like it, read what others experience and how they deal with it.  There is not a miracle that will make things better.  I will pray for you and your family.  Hug your mother and family,  and do it often!
Peggy's Boy

georgiapeaches

• For mom, dad, Johnny & rock you left to soon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 04:49:30 PM »
Dear Apaez,
So sorry for the loss of your father, I lost my father 9 years ago.  There are good days and bad, you just have to take it one day at a time. Just being there for your family will help them. My prayers are with you.

Georgia.
MOM                        JOHNNY

kevinjj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 09:22:14 PM »
I am so very sorry for your loss and your need to be with us. Take good care of your health, eat as healthy as you possibly can, get some sleeping pills from your doctor, enroll in a grief group, do alot of deep breathing and drink alot of water. There simply is no escape from a few months of harsh, raw feelings that will come in waves but it will ease in a while. Just be available for your family and it is hard for family members sometimes to grieve with each other - sometimes family feels like they just make others sad and feeling bad but simply being with each other is of great help. there are no words that can ease your pain at this time, you are in the crucible of grief and loss but we are with you, you are not alone, we know how bad it can get and the need for some release is so strong. Keep posting here and sharing what you are going through and seek out chat rooms designated for grief.

sonya_lonely

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 02:16:21 AM »
I am so sorry .... for you Father...
I can feel you...I too lost my parents in an accident and I havenot been able to cope up but still I will say Be with your mom for most time...try to be with each other..take care of her.. i know you are weak at this poing and life seems to be a titanic...but...please hold up and be with mum.
I am not saying everything will be as it was with time ,it will never be but...It will be better than now atleast...
My Prayers for you and family...
Pls let me know your wellbeing.
Love,Sonya

Jap Jr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 02:32:23 PM »
So sorry for your loss; I lost my Dad 5 years ago, the day after Father's Day; I was the last family member to see him; we talked about so many things. Before I left, I asked if he wanted to pray, which we always did; for some reason that night he didn't want to just yet. We looked at all the gifts he got and he even tried the new razor my sister bought; he passed the next morning in the ambulance. My Mom passed away 11 months before my Dad; my brother 19 years ago and my fiancee just 4 months ago on November 21, 2008, to cancer. I miss Jim so much; I questions why to God; it has been unbearable to lose the love of my life, sometimes only an hour at a time.

Be together with your Mom and family and talk about it; talking helps alot. Eat, drink lots of water (thanks  kevinjj) and get to a greif group; I have and that does help.

lostintears

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 12:29:41 PM »
i feel that yoy cant help other until you help yourself might sound mean but think of you cant help others if your not together yet when you are it will fall together nicely

pondering

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 11:19:05 PM »
I know you are in pain. You don't know what to do. But Apaez just think about your mother. She really needs you. Give your support to her tell her mom I am with you,I am always with you. Be strong. God bless you.

MISSINGYOU

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 07:28:21 AM »
I lost Dad May 20th. I call Mom at least 2 times a day as she has never lived alone and has been with Dad since the ninth Grade. A true love story. I feel all I can do is listen and if I feel like crying with her I do. Take care of you.

Elizabeth