Author Topic: I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND ...  (Read 5214 times)

Landons Mom Shelly

• nospam
  • We love you Lan-Man
    • View Profile
I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND ...
« on: January 14, 2009, 11:30:43 PM »
Hello my friends....

I won't be posting much anymore on this site and it breaks my heart.  I received a text message from my ex today at work, or I guess I should say soon-to-be-ex telling me, " Saw all yor postings trashin me on the internet." 

Well, I never imagined anyone, let alone my ex, would take this tragic site of all of us who've lost our loved ones who are leaning on each other for comfort and sabotage the true purpose of what it was meant to do, to allow us to get support and express our feelings, but I guess I was wrong.  I've been through so much with this man and shouldn't be surprised but I really am.... I never thought he'd stoop to such lengths to hurt me.

I want to thank all of you for everything you've done for me and my children this past year.  I've said this before but I have to say it again... without your support and encouragement, I know we wouldn't be doing as well as we are and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.  I love all of you and will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers daily.....

God bless,
Landon's Mom forever,

Shelly

My Precious Little Landon -- Forever in our Hearts        http://landon-greenan.gonetoosoon.org
August 1, 1995 - June 1, 2007

SueH

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND ...
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 12:32:16 AM »
Shelly,
Post when you can, what difference does it make that your ex reads your posts?
If it helps you to post, then by all means post. Do what feels right for you!
and most importantly, take care of YOU.

Sue *Sara's* Mom
"yep yep yep"

Dena

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 03:06:49 AM »
(((Shelly))))

Post when you need to.  It doesn't matter who reads it.  What matters is that posting helps you.

Love,
Dena, Josh's Mom

georgiapeaches

• For mom, dad, Johnny & rock you left to soon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 05:22:28 AM »
Shelly,
you helped me when I first came to post here, you wanted so much to help my children when they were grieving, why not help yourself. dont worry about your ex. You need to worry about you.

Georgia.
MOM                        JOHNNY

Adams Brokenhearted Mama

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 05:22:54 AM »
Unless your attorney is advising you to stop posting here why listen to the soon-to-be ex? i don't give a hoot if he reads any of my posts. We are here for you. Keep on doing what you need for yourself! Good luck. You will always find support here with us.
XO Love to all my sisters & brothers-in-grief XO
Wishing you all peaceful moments, signs from your Angels & many blessings

Rebecca

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 06:04:21 AM »
I agfree, unless you are receiving legal advice not to post, post when your heart tells you you need to.  You have been a great help and when you needed us, I believe we were here for you... because we care...  he doesn't... if you can't be true to  yourself, you can't be true to anyone else.  Please think about all the loving thoughs u r receiving.  If there is something that you can not say here, pick one of us and tell us and we will find a way to let the others who u want to know, know.  We have the ability to post privately and I sure we can help you in that manner.  Just don't leave..
Rebecca Jason's Mom

kevinjj

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 07:49:53 AM »
I agree with what Rebecca said, keep posting unless your lawyer is telling you not to. This site is for support and to ease some of the pain and lonliness and though I am sorry for the break up of your marriage, you can still benefit by coming here and posting as you need to.

SARAH()

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 08:07:22 AM »
Not to be the devil's advocate here, but while it doesn't matter what your ex thinks, it is worth considering protecting your identity on the net.

Your employer, or new employer if you apply for a new job, or your co-workers can google you.  Some of what we say could be gossip fodder, and be a source of stress in a job, or be harmful to our families.  Our surviving children.  Anyone can access this site.  ANYONE.  A lawyer may not be telling you now not to post stuff, but if there is a legal battle down the line for anyone for any reason.............well, trust me on this one, it could get ugly.  Stuff you type can be twisted and taken out of context.

I choose to continue to type what is bothering me, but take steps to protect my family's identity.  So I get the support I need, while protecting my living children and beloved husband.  I'm not telling anyone else to do this, but it is worth considering.

Jeanneb

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 08:45:28 AM »
(((((SHELLY)))))

You just never can be surprised on how low someone can go.... it is just a shame.

Yet, you have to take care of you and do whatever is best for you.  Legal stuff can get very ugly.. so protect yourself and your family.

We certainly don't want you to stop posting... just know we will always be here when you need us.

Best wishes,
Jeanne
Philip's mom forever
Bruce's sister

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 07:30:48 PM »
Shelly, I'm sorry to hear that you're having to go through this and I understand because I was in a similar situation during my son's trial and then afterwards and up to present, there are in-laws that read and have made comments later to me. So, I'm on and off the board for this reason.

I wish this was private and a password was needed because this is the only place where I can open up about all of my feelings....except the ones I spoke of.

Come and share your precious Landon with us, at least, and I'm just so sorry that you can't share all of your feelings on here.

Again, I understand and I feel the way you do, that I pour my heart out here but no one is judging me and I have nothing thrown back in my face. And this means a great deal.

Sending you love & understanding,
Terry

tsoley

• We Love You Jordan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2009, 06:24:17 PM »
I so enjoy reading your posts and seeing your beautiful son's face. Please take care and try to post if you can. You can always email your inner thoughts and feelings. My email is [email protected]. I will say a prayer for you, your family, and, yes, your ex-husband. Grief has a way of bringing out really bad things in people.
Tammy (Jordan's Mom)

Landons Mom Shelly

• nospam
  • We love you Lan-Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2009, 09:45:28 AM »
Thank you everyone.... I will be checking often and will post when I can (nothing that anyone could use against me, I assure you!).  You guys mean the world to me and I won't let anyone take this site away from me.

God bless,
Landon's Mom forever,

Shelly

My Precious Little Landon -- Forever in our Hearts        http://landon-greenan.gonetoosoon.org
August 1, 1995 - June 1, 2007