Author Topic: Article about Child loss  (Read 4397 times)

Karen Paul

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • Chris Bascom Memorial
Article about Child loss
« on: January 06, 2009, 07:27:25 AM »
I found this article, relating to Child Loss on CNN website - it is relating to Jett Travolta's death - and talks to other bereaved parents..

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/01/05/bereavement.death.travolta/index.html

karen

Dottie (Tammie's Mom)

• Tammie (My Precious Daughter) 8-9-65/9-14-05
    • View Profile
    • Project Tammie
Re: Article about Child loss
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 07:40:03 AM »
Karen,

Thanks for posting the article. It was interesting. Things we all I'm sure know but always helps to hear it again.

My Mom fell and broke her hip right after Christmas. She had surgery and is now in a Therapy center at the hospital. I have been running back and forth everyday and sure missing Tammie. These are times I know she would be here to help out. Just having her for company and to talk to would be so nice right now.

After my Mom's surgery I actually picked up my phone to call her then I got stab of realization: :-[

One thing that article was right about for sure, it helps to talk to others who understand. Unfortunately there are too many of us.

Hugs,
Dottie Tammie's Mom

tsoley

• We Love You Jordan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 04:12:38 PM »
Thanks for sharing that article. It had good information. My heart goes out to the family.
Tammy (Jordan's Mom)

MARTHA(CANDI'S AUNT)

• nospam
  • AUNT MARTHA LOVES YOU CANDI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 07:23:00 PM »
karen,
 thank's for sharing. all of it is true.

martha

Adams Brokenhearted Mama

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 05:23:17 AM »
Karen Paul, I just finished reading the article. It spoke to me directly. #1: it said how devestating it is for parents to lose a child in the teen or early 20's, not that any time of course is better than another, it's just for me, Adam was 24. #2: it talks about the guilt and the if only's, I feel like I am stuck there and #3: one person talked about their passion for gardening, that has become my meditation. I loved gardening before now I agree, it is a passion. Thanks for the link!
XO Love to all my sisters & brothers-in-grief XO
Wishing you all peaceful moments, signs from your Angels & many blessings

Karen Paul

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • Chris Bascom Memorial
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 07:23:50 AM »
Dottie - so sorry to hear about your mom - hope she will recover and rehabilitate quickly - I'm sure you're missing Tammie so much during all of this especially as she would be so much help and such a comfort and someone to talk to..

I have a friend up in NH who I've known for about 20 years. She lost her mom to cancer on Christmas Eve. Trish is an only child and her dad is estranged. She has her step dad, but I'm sure she is feeling a bit adrift and when things settle down to "routine" I think will be when she will start really missing her mom. They have been through thick and thin together her whole life..

Big hugs to all, Karen

Donnys Dad

• nospam
  • Donny At Football Hall of Fame, Another Great Trip
    • View Profile
    • Donny's Memorial Website
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 08:53:06 AM »
Dottie and Karen Paul,

Karen thank you for posting the article.  I found it so interesting and so true.  Especially about the center of your life being gone.  Thanks again.

DOTTIE:  I am so sorry to hear about your mothers fall and hip.  I can only imagine how much you miss your "Buddy" during this time.  I hope she recovers quickly.

Don
I Miss You So Much Buddy, My Best Friend, My Tiger

Don, Donny's Proud Dad

Paula (Adam's Brokenhearted Mama)

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 10:24:58 AM »
Dottie-I hope your Mom recovers quickly. I so understand the desire to call Tammy and the realization that you can't. It's so so sad - all of it.

SueH

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 04:37:54 PM »
great article, thanks for posting it!

Sue *Sara's* Mom
"yep yep yep"

Dena

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 07:01:21 PM »
Karen,

Thank you so much for sharing this article.  It puts it into words, doesn't it?  Just how unnatural it all is.  I think the black veil is very accurate.

Love,
Dena, Josh's Mom