Author Topic: Hello ALL...Checking to let you all know...STILL HERE!!!  (Read 2064 times)

John-Danielle Marie's Daddy

• nospam
  • Always Loving, Always Loved
    • View Profile
    • Danielle Marie's Memorial Website
Hello ALL...Checking to let you all know...STILL HERE!!!
« on: November 14, 2008, 09:13:23 AM »
My dearest Grieving Friends,
I just wanted to let everyone know that we are still here.
I know that we have not been posting as much as we usually do, however, we think of and pray for each one of you on this terrible “journey” each and everyday. We have been so busy and have not had much time to respond to so many.
   We have been busy for the last couple of months. We were both depositioned in regards to our civil suit against the parties involved in the fatal accident that killed Danielle. This was a VERY difficult couple of days as well and emotionally and physically exhausting for both Bernice and I.
   We also had the dedication of Danielle Marie’s memorial last week (I have posted the photos on her web page) and as difficult as it was, we were surrounded by loving and caring friends and family. Just when you think that you are alone and “no one cares” a true angel finds you!!! We met a wonderful angel and also received a couple of wonderful “gifts’ in memory of Danielle.
   Several weeks ago, I met songwriter Dan Sweetman. He wrote a beautiful song on behalf of the wonderful Pettit family from Cheshire, CT who were the victims of a brutal home invasion and fire which left two beautiful daughters and a loving wife dead. Dr. William Pettit survived the attack and now mourns the death of his entire family. The song is “When Angel Cry” and here is the link so you can also listen to this beautiful song. http://www.wordscometolife.com/events/angels/index.html.
   After I talked with Dan, I asked him if he would be willing to perform When Angels Cry at Danielle’s memorial dedication, he told me that unfortunately, Christine Yandell the woman who so beautifully sang the song was so distraught, that Christine vowed that she would not perform the song in public again and Dan told me that he could not perform the song and do it the same justice as Christine.    He would however donate 50 copies of the CD for us to give to family and friends at the dedication. Bernice and I were so surprised and very grateful. About a week after our meeting, we received a call from Dan one evening and he asked if he could come over because he had something he wanted us to listen to…he told us that him and his wife were so touched by the story of Danielle’s death and after he visited her website, he sat down and wrote a beautiful song for Danielle Marie. Bernice and I were so deeply touched that he would take time and write such a beautiful song in memory of our beloved daughter. We played this song at the closing of the memorial dedication and received so many compliments. I have uploaded the song on Danielle’s web site for all to listen too. It starts when you open her site. If you have time, please take a couple minutes to listen to this moving song and let us know what you think.

I am so sorry that so many of you are in such pain and anguish over your beloved child’s death. For some, your grief is so new and raw that no matter what you do, there is no escaping from the terrible binds that grieving your child’s death wraps you in.
   Please remember, it is all part of the “grieving” process to feel this way, it hurts like HELL and all you want is for this horrible feeling to STOP. 
I look forward to “getting back into the swing” soon.

Wishing You Peace Along the Journey,
John-Daddy of Angel
Danielle Marie Plourde
1/4/1995 -2/20/2006
Memorial Website: http://danielle-marie-plourde.memory-of.com/

Wishing You All Continuous Comfort & Peace,
John-Danielle Marie’s Daddy
1/4/95-2/20/06 (head trauma-motor vehicle accident)
“Her friendship was an inspiration, her love a blessing”

Brenda Taylors Mom

• nospam
  • I miss you so much my "big tough guy"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.taylor-lewis.memory-of.com
Re: Hello ALL...Checking to let you all know...STILL HERE!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 10:29:21 AM »
John, I love the song it is just so beautiful just like your Danielle is...  it is so wonderful to hear stories such as this, that there are people who care so deeply.. God to hear from you again and see Danielle's sweet face... Love, Brenda