Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 57959 times)

Sher

• View Profile
Re: Welcome
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2008, 07:38:08 PM »
Thank you Lauren..  I appreciate your insightful words..  I am a survivor..

I like the concept of this board immensely..  Sharing coping mechanisims and strategies for healing as a community is very theraputic.

Therapy has helped me recognize that the shame and blame that I feel for all that I have been thru is not my fault.  But I still struggle every day with liking myself and feeling positive about living my best life.

But I WANT to heal...  and I want to be happy and have healthy relationships.

...and the way to do that is to grieve...by talking about it and crying about it...and getting thru it again...but this time positively and lovingly.

I plan to start grieving....soon! :D
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 07:43:23 PM by Sher »

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2008, 08:19:24 AM »
No better time than the present

meemaw

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2008, 06:54:07 PM »
Well things have gone a step further with one of my sons.  His wife went behind his back to have him served with a restraining order.  So she can keep him away from his own house.  Looks like this will be a nasty diviorce.  She figures her mother will bail her out no matter what(they have enough money). You can see that certain things she did was designed to keep my son out of a lot of things. He had his daughter for 7 weekends, suddenly lastweek she missed her daughter. That's when she filed the papers.  I don't know why women are always given those kind of rights to do things and say things that are not true. I can only hope my son hangs in there.  I can only offer him a roof over his head and meals on the table. The rest will be up to him.                   Meemaw

sweetpea

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2008, 04:01:41 AM »
Hello Sher, Welcome!!

I am glad you came to post at this site ;D  it is the place you need to be. I too am a Survivor, I had a troubled childhood such as yours. It took me many years to come to terms with all the abuse and trauma. That little girl in me used to cried all the time about the horrors that happen.

Part of my healing came about talking about what happened to me, first to my husband, then my sister and finally to myMother. It was like  a mountain was lifted from my shoulders .

I went to see the movie "Antroine Fisher,  "Who will Cry for the little boy... the poem, was me !!!!
if you have not seen the movie please go rent it it is quite theraputic.

So again Welcome, you are in the right place. Come back and post we are here.

Sweetpea,

the other survivor
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 04:03:57 AM by sweetpea »

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2008, 06:21:45 AM »
Sweatpea,

OMG!!    I OWN the movie  Antoine Fisher.   The poem  "who will cry for the little boy" is also me.      I have watched that movie so many times .  It brings me such comfort knowing I am not the only one "looking" for a family to treat me right.   My favorite scene is the porch scene where Antoine goes back to his foster home and stands up for himself.   "You tried to destroy me..but you will NEVER destroy me!!!!"      Someday I'm gonna do that.  I have already to my mother at her grave,  but I have a few more people to deal with in my family.     

Yes, I too am a survivor,  as I have shared in many of my posts on the main board, when talking about my mother.   

Thanks for sharing that sweatpea.  I'm sorry that happened to you. 

Always good to see you.   

Lauren

Oh,   you might want to go to the intro board and post a quick paragraph about what brought you here,  who you have lost, and when they died.     It helps people to go to that board to re read background info.    Ok, I admit, mainly me bc my memory is so bad.   ;D

sweetpea

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2008, 05:39:04 PM »
Lauren,

I have already posted on the intro board why I came to webhealing, I have so many issues, but the main one was dealing with my brother's death. However, I do plan to deal with the abuse issues, on the grief not related to death post in the coming months. 

Lauren,  I am also sorry that you suffered abuse in your childhood too. :( :(

Sweetpea  ;)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 05:43:16 PM by sweetpea »

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2008, 06:35:01 PM »
Oh sorry,  I'm such a goof.  I'll check it out. 

I'm sorry you had so much loss in your life.   Its amazing what some people go through and still remain so kind and postive like you are here.  You are an amazing woman.  Dont ever forget it.

Hugs to you

Lauren

mzmallory

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2008, 06:49:43 AM »
Hello!

My name is Mallory and I am excited about this site. Our class had to look at it for a discussion board and after reading some of the posts about it I decided to check it out.
I am a recovering drug addict and have never been able to deal with grief appropriatly, I would always just run and hide. Now that my life has changed I see that I have never even dealt with deaths of family members or even non-death grieving.
I am happy and hope to get some healing from this site.
Thank you
Mallory

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2008, 05:17:20 PM »
Hi Mallory,

Welcome. 

diamondinruff

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2008, 08:20:01 AM »
Thanks for the welcome and Im so glad I found this board.   I am grieving for someone who didnt die, but I am dead to her.    My older sister has not spoken to me since November of 2007.   She has disowned me and told me at that time that I would never hear from her again.   I have sent her cards, presents at Christmas, even yesterday I sent out an 4th of July greetings to all my friends and put in a special greeting to my sister - saying I miss her very much and love her forever.   I keep checking my email--nothing.    Back in November, there was a small inheritance and my sister felt that she should have it all -- I gave her much of my own part of the inheritance back in 1999 when my mom died- I wanted to please her (okay--THATS codependence).  But in November I finally spoke my mind and said that I was entitled to half--at that point my sister said she was "done" with me.    I am so sad that its all about money--that she would just write me off for 3 grand.   

There is not one day I dont miss her and think of her and wish she would stop punishing me.    Its like Im dead to her -- like Im the dead one, but shes not grieving me, Im grieving her!

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2008, 12:22:17 PM »
Diamond,

I feel your pain.  Truely I do.   

Ive decided that I truely do not know whether my sister greives for me.  And you do not truely know what your sister is thinking.    It does not appear our sisters grieve for us,  bc there is no action towards reconcilliation.   However,  we dont know that for a fact.   They are obviously the weaker ones, the ones who dont have the strength to know how to make it right.  My sister also stole money after mom died.   Yours bullied you into handing it over.  I dont know how either one of our sisters can look themselves in the mirror knowing that. Obviously they are not right,  and not emotionally healthy.    All we can do is pray on and hope for another chance to have a new relationship with a healthier sister someday.

Welcome to the board.  You are not alone.

Lauren

diamondinruff

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2008, 08:52:24 PM »
My sister also stole money from my mothers account before she passed away, charged up her credit cards, and still felt entitled to everything.   One crazy thing that happened is that my sister had a family video and she always said she would make a copy of it for me, but never did, and I asked her several times.  But she kept it almost like a ransom.    We were both adopted, she being adopted 6 years before me.   She had always been very jealous of our parents' attention to me -- insecure in their love, although they always treated us the same.    I always felt the rejection--and  now its for good it seems.    My husband says good riddance to bad rubbish, but she is my sister and I love her---and cant let go---not yet!

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2008, 12:34:47 PM »
diamond,

I hear that!  Its difficult to let go of a sister.  Some days I think I have, but other days I find myself hurting for her once again .   Drives me nuts!

Im sorry your family did that to you as well.  I wouldnt wish that on anyone. 

Thanks for posting.  Its good to know we are not alone.

Lauren

tester

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2008, 09:26:58 AM »
This is a test post for the Instruction page.

wantthrive

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2008, 03:19:33 PM »
I'm glad that I've found this website.

wantthrive