Author Topic: Enigma "Music"  (Read 30902 times)

sevenofwands

• nospam
    • View Profile
Enigma "Music"
« on: October 05, 2008, 02:25:52 PM »
Some might like this peaceful and relaxing music, by Enigma.  Try the "Rivers of Belief".  CDs can be bought, or you can sample on youtube.

It is an interesting sound, with chant mingled in with other style.

All the best
Seven

georgiapeaches

• For mom, dad, Johnny & rock you left to soon!
    • View Profile
Re: Enigma "Music"
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 05:09:28 AM »
enigma and enya together is really beautiful, try that that too. I also checked under intrumental rock and found a sond from dire straits and its a guitar solo with rain in the backround, its the most soothing song I have ever heard, when I saw the name I didnt think it would be  but was pleasantly surprised.

Georgia.
MOM                        JOHNNY

sevenofwands

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 05:23:10 AM »
Yes, I do enjoy Dire Straits, very much.  Great guitar playing !

Not too keen on Enya though.  lol.  Love Enigma.

Seven

Donna B.

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 08:29:05 AM »
Thanks again Seven for sharing Enigma. Rivers of Belief is amazing. Love it!

Donna

sevenofwands

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 12:50:49 PM »
I can see that many looked in on this "Enigma" recommendation.  The music is indeed peaceful.
No doubt some of you looked up their other tracks.  This is one:

Small | Large

and

Small | Large

kevinjj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 09:31:45 AM »
We so often look for answers, solutions and in grief, we so strongly desire respite and relief, a way for the raw, harsh feelings to end. Good music that relaxes and calms a person  helps us accept that grief is a process, a changing. moving  thing with no real end, only change and seeing things differently and ultimately feeling differently about ourselves and our new reality.

sevenofwands

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 06:51:58 AM »
It looks like many have enjoyed the extraordinary sound of Enigma. 

Small | Large

sevenofwands

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 08:53:02 AM »
Something else you might like.

This poignant and very relevant song was immortalised by our great tenor John McCormack, a long time ago.
"I hear you calling me".

I hear you calling me
You called me when
The moon had veiled her light
Before I went from you
Into the night
I came
Do you remember
Back to you for one last kiss
Beneath the cold starlight

I hear you calling me
And oh the ringing gladness
Of your voice
The one that made my
Loving heart rejoice
You spoke
Do you remember
And my heart still hears
The distant music of your voice

I hear you calling me
Though years have stretched
Their weary lengths between
And on your grave
The mossy grass green
I stand
Do you behold me listening here
Hearing your voice
Through all the years between etc.

Here is john McCormack himself on youtube. 
Small | Large

sevenofwands

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 08:49:46 AM »
This song will resonate for many, I am sure.  It has been around a long time, and I always find it poignant

"The Living Years" by Mike and the Mechanics

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZrN7kSVvoY Small | Large

sevenofwands

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 11:57:21 AM »
Susan Boyle is an example of how one can surmount any difficulty.  Here is a brief rundown on this remarkable lady:

""Susan Boyle was born 1 April 1961 in Blackburn, West Lothian, Scotland,[to Patrick Boyle, a miner, World War II veteran and singer at the Bishop's Blaize, and Bridget, a shorthand typist,[11] who were both immigrants from County Donegal, Ireland. She was the youngest of four brothers and six sisters.

Born when her mother was 47, Boyle was briefly deprived of oxygen during the difficult birth; she was diagnosed as having learning difficulties.[2] She says she was bullied as a child,[ and was nicknamed "Susie Simple" at school."

Boyle still lives in the family home, a four-bedroom council house, with her ten-year-old cat, Pebbles.[10]

Her father died in the 1990s, and her siblings had left home. As she never married, Boyle was devoted to looking after her ageing mother until she died in 2007 at the age of 91 which meant that she never had any time for herself. A neighbour reported that when Bridget Boyle died, her daughter "wouldn't come out for three or four days or answer the door or phone."

Boyle remains active as a volunteer at Our Lady of Lourdes church in Blackburn, Scotland, and visits elderly members of the congregation in their homes.""

After leaving school with few qualifications, she was employed for the only time in her life as a trainee cook in the kitchen of West Lothian College for six months,[16] and took part in government training schemes.[11] She visited the theatre from time to time to listen to professional singers,and performed at a number of local venues.
"""
Small | Large

sevenofwands

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2009, 11:34:55 AM »
As Christmas approaches I thought I would put up this beautiful and spell-binding rendition of O Holy Night by tenor Roberto Alagna
Even when the mind and spirit are sore and suffering the beautiful voice gives solace.........

Small | Large

Nokka

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2010, 02:20:58 PM »
We so often look for answers, solutions and in grief, we so strongly desire respite and relief, a way for the raw, harsh feelings to end. Good music that relaxes and calms a person  helps us accept that grief is a process, a changing. moving  thing with no real end, only change and seeing things differently and ultimately feeling differently about ourselves and our new reality.
what a wondeful way of looking at it...Ive allways loved my music but even more so now with my sadness...I find hearing sad songs helps me oust my hidden feelings and a good cry actually purges the system for me.

sevenofwands

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2010, 11:18:22 AM »
Yes, Nokka.  That was said by our wonderful Kevin, who was a wise and insightful on this forum.  He is much missed.  He died on 30th August 2009.  Kevin could always be counted upon to say the right thing.

Seven

Nokka

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2010, 02:02:06 PM »
Yes, Nokka.  That was said by our wonderful Kevin, who was a wise and insightful on this forum.  He is much missed.  He died on 30th August 2009.  Kevin could always be counted upon to say the right thing.

Seven

oh thats really sad to hear. :'(

sevenofwands

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2010, 03:09:03 PM »
Indeed.  He was truly so kind and insightful.
He had lost his dear wife, and that is why he was on this forum.  Always with a supportive word.
Then he contracted a fatal illness, and we lost a truly dear cyber friend.

Hermes