Author Topic: Waves  (Read 2033 times)

maryluvskevin

• View Profile
Waves
« on: September 12, 2008, 07:51:52 PM »
Many a day has passed that I will feel that wave of loneliness.  This morning I was watching some TV show and when the character passed I started crying.  I am starting to be able to talk to my kids about their dad.  At least the dad that 'I' knew and loved.  They know that there is a difference between dad and mom's husband.  My son and I were talking last night about his memories of his dad.  He is SO angry!  He feels that his dad contributed to his death by abusing his scripts.  I know that that is the truth but it hurts to see my son so angry.  He loves his dad and he understands that he can feel both love and anger at the same time.  It has only been three months but it is okay to talk about him with them.  We laugh, cry and rage together.  And what a blessing they both are right now because they keep telling me that they want to help me because that is what their dad would have wanted them to do.  My daughter is so much like her dad even down to her addictioons that it is sometimes hard to talk with her because her memories are different than my son and I.  She has started to realize that if she continues with the abuse that she may end up like her dad.  I guess that is a good thing!  But why did he have to die to bring this about?  They both told me that they were glad that he went first because if I did, he would have quickly followed me in death by his own hand.  They are growing up ( 1 is 27, 1 is 25) by having to deal with all this grieving.  We did not get a choice but we are sticking together to help each other thru it!! 
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 07:53:29 PM by maryluvskevin »
**Maryluvskevin**

georgiapeaches

• For mom, dad, Johnny & rock you left to soon!
    • View Profile
Re: Waves
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 01:17:02 PM »
Mary, I am so glad your kids are talking so openly with you, my kids are alittle younger (13,15,19) and find it alittle harder to open up. but they will and when they do, I will be there. But this is great for you to have this communication, I hope things get better for you real soon. I also hear what your saying about your daughter, my son is my husbands clone and feels he must really protect me, its really cute. (sometimes scary  ???) really I"m happy for you.
MOM                        JOHNNY