Author Topic: really missing her  (Read 2589 times)

Niss

• View Profile
really missing her
« on: August 23, 2008, 08:25:29 AM »
I am really missing my mom this week. She was, despite all the negative, my best friend. I have lost the one person I could talk to and be open and honest with about everything.
We found out that there is like a 90% chance that my husband is going to be out of a job come january 1st. And more than likely we will lose our house because we cannot maintain all of our bills with unemployment. :(
And on top of this, one of my mom's cousins committed suicide this week.
I just feel like i am in a tailspin. Emotionally, I am doing ok, but not sure for how much longer.....

Luvinmike

• View Profile
Re: really missing her
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 05:15:18 PM »
Dear Niss, So very sorry for this pain. Grief is so tiring that money issues and anxiety just are so frustrating. I have boxes of red tape paperwork regarding my son's medical costs. ( He is okay, but hospitalized- I worked and carried insurance, then left my job last Spring to be our caregiver- so much $$$$$ we have spent on medical costs.) We pushed thru the worst of the finances together and now in decent to fairly good shape, liveable budget and savings- my husband is who I am missing) Anyways, It is extrememly stressful so protect your health first- you and your husband. Start trying now to get some help with your mortgage- the lenders probably do not want to forclose and can cut your payments for more years, I hope this is something you could get help with. Your husband hopefully realizes he is so not alone in these times, if it were me I would actually job hunt now- it is easier to get a job when you have a job- tell him to blow his own horn to everyone. He will probably find something good. Wishing you the best. I hope I don't sound like a know it all. Mostly praying you find comfort in good memories of your Mom. It is hard to miss our best friends. Terri

georgiapeaches

• For mom, dad, Johnny & rock you left to soon!
    • View Profile
Re: really missing her
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 07:20:25 PM »
Hi Niss, first of all I am sorry for your pain. I agree with terri, I  had to change jobs due to money issues since my husband passed and it wasnt something I really wanted but I needed to because of the way the job was laid out. so yes it would be a good idea for your husband to look now. But try to slow down and dont let yourself get to run down keep yourself healthy. Its so hard to have to deal with money issues when you are trying to grieve, everything usually hits at once, so take care of yourself and keep healthy. You and your family are in my prayers......Georgia.
MOM                        JOHNNY