Author Topic: I Dreamt Michael Was Alive  (Read 7789 times)

Annette

• nospam
  • Michael, my beloved first son, I miss you so much.
    • View Profile
I Dreamt Michael Was Alive
« on: August 06, 2008, 07:13:55 AM »
I had a very vivid dream that Michael was alive, but had been diagnosed with lung cancer. He didn't have much time to live and they had whisked him away to a doctor far away that might be able to help him. In the dream, I didn't see him, I just had gotten phone calls about his condition and that he was far away at some mysterious doctor's. He didn't call me, just medical people. In the dream I was driving mountain passes and roads and talking on my cell, desperately trying to get information so I could go and see my son. Nobody would give me any real information as they said he was in good hands and needed to get treatment without family present.

I awoke at 5 am, just sobbing and I haven't stopped yet. It feels like the first week after Michael died. I have longed to dream about Michael and wanted to see him in a dream. In this dream, I didn't see him. But he was clinging to life somewhere and they wouldn't let me know where. It was a nightmare and it's so hard to deal with. I don't know how much more I can take. I don't know why he was diagnosed with lung cancer, he didn't smoke.  Maybe it's because I've been recovering from whooping cough which I got 4 months ago and have been through so much with my lungs. I only know I feel like I've lost him all over again.

My eyes are so swollen, but I guess I'll go to work. Friday is the last day of school. Then it starts all over again on Aug. 20th.

Thank you for listening. I knew I could type this here and feel like I'm heard.  I've stopped crying, at least for now.
Michael's Mom
12-13-82 - 5-14-07

Trevor & Michael 2004 Age3

Carol A

• View Profile
Re: I Dreamt Michael Was Alive
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 07:24:48 AM »
My dreams are similar to yours. I am always trying to get to Vikki and
I can't.
I am so sorry for your pain.  I know we would love to dream about them
with us, having fun. I keep praying for a dream like that.

charlesafather

• Take A Good Look, Life Is Only A Blink.
    • View Profile
    • In My Sons Memory
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 07:44:10 AM »
Annette;
  Micheal is fine and beeing taken care of. I have had too many experances to know that there is more to life than this shell we walk around in. The following is the dream that God granted me. prayers and peace
                                            charlesafather

It had been only 4 months after my son had gone to his Heavenly home.
I had prayed and prayed that if only I could see him once more.
One night after a very difficult day of praying and crying, Our Heavenly
Father granted my prayer. I dreamed that night that me, my wife and his son were driving. I don’t know where we were however we were pulled over by a policeman. We all got out of the car and were standing beside the road,
(it seemed as if there was a street light,) as the policeman approached and stepped into the light I seen that it was my son. He Did not say anything, but just smiled and gave all of us a hug then he was gone.  I prayed and thanked God for this blessing, and I know my son is home and being watched over and taken care of.
I pray that each of you receive your blessings and your angels watch over you until you go home.

MelissaCharliesMom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 10:48:01 AM »
Isnt it so unfair we have dreams like this on top of everything else we go through???The only 2 dreams I have ever had of Charlie were exactly the same. I hear him calling me.."Mom, Mom, MOM!!!!Where are you?" And in the dream I open my eyes and all I can see is this incredibly thick fog...thick like whip cream and when I try to follwo his voice I cant find him. He just keeps yelling for me over and over and no matter how hard I try I cant get to him.
The cruel reality is I never will get to him again and that makes these dreams all the more horrible.
Im so sorry and hope you find more peaceful nights ahead.

tsoley

• We Love You Jordan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 05:17:04 PM »
I am so sorry you had a dream that disturbed you so much! Sometimes dreams brings us comfort too though. Can you try to think of something about the dream that was comforting? Anything? I hope you can. I will pray for you.
Tammy (Jordan's Mom)

Annette

• nospam
  • Michael, my beloved first son, I miss you so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 11:11:49 PM »
Thank you everyone for your responses. It helps to know that others have had very similar dreams that were also disturbing. I went to work after posting this morning, where I continued to cry and other teachers gave me their opinions on how Michael's mission on Earth was finished and God called him home, or that God needed him in Heaven. Also, they talked about how Heaven is so much better than Earth... I don't like others' opinions on how there's something good that will come out of Michael's death and other such stuff.

Then I had an appointment with my psychiatrist and he said that the antidepressants were not going to help with the grief, maybe just take the edge off. Sigh!

I'm so exhausted! It's the pain of it all.
Michael's Mom
12-13-82 - 5-14-07

Trevor & Michael 2004 Age3

Karen Paul

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • Chris Bascom Memorial
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 06:28:18 AM »
Annette

I'm so sorry about this dream... I know Chris' parents have both had good and bad dreams relating to Chris.. I have not myself, but then, I'm the aunt not the parent... sometimes there are not enough words.. and it all takes so much energy.. be gentle with yourself...

luv and hugs, Karen
Chris' aunt

Brenda Taylors Mom

• nospam
  • I miss you so much my "big tough guy"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.taylor-lewis.memory-of.com
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 12:42:09 PM »
I don't really know what dreams mean, but I'm so sorry you had this upsetting dream about Michael... love, Brenda

anjelmarie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 01:36:55 PM »
Hello Annette. I am so sorry for how you are feeling. I want you to know that your loved one is no further away then your closest memory and that your love for your beloved son keeps him alive in your heart every waking day and night. The dream must have really caused so much pain for you that I cannot imagine, but I feel he is telling you he is alive and with you in spirit. Remember he is NOT suffering anymore. I hope you do not mind what I have told you, as I feel in my heart it is true. Hang in there, Annette and know you are not alone. He is with you in spirit.
Namaste,
Anjel-Marie

wintersnow

• My Ricky
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2008, 02:34:57 AM »
Annette,

The anti depressants helped me with the grief.  Without xanax I couldn't have made it through the funeral let alone the first year.  Maybe it's time to get a different psychiatrist...  and a whole lot of xanax.

I have noticed that medical people who have not suffered a great loss tend to not be able to help very much.  They just don't understand.   Sometimes I just had to knock myself out for a day or two just to get over the crying.  Xanax helps with that too.  I don't take it any more but I sure could use it right now.  It's almost 3am.

LaVonne

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008, 09:21:11 AM »
Annette:

I am so sorry. Holding you close today and always. It not something you would want to dream about. In those dreams it is so real. Glad you stopped crying for now. I get to where I cry and cry and then go for months without. hugs  Lavonne (mom to Jason forever and a day)

Carol A

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2008, 04:55:54 PM »
Speaking of dreams.
I dreamed I was walking down a path with a cute little blonde headed
boy by my side. IN my dream I realized I was dreaming so I thought I would
"out smart" all my other dreams about Vikki where I am talking to her and
she doesn't reply.
SO...
I casually asked the little boy * Do you know Vikki ?* He said * Oh yeah, everyone knows Vikki* I said * How is she? Is she happy?* at that
the little boy gave me a disgruntled looked, mumbled something an took off.
I knew ( in my dream) he didn't tell me anything once he knew I was trying
to find out about her.
How strange our dreams are about our lost children.