Author Topic: someone help  (Read 7771 times)

cc_prescott

• View Profile
someone help
« on: July 29, 2008, 08:10:42 AM »
I am 22 and I live here in texas my father just died yesterday of a massive heart attack and stroke he was just moving in to his new home.. I could not even say goodbye..Im trying to be strong for my 2 year old son but its so hard Im a reck and dont know how to deal with this..
C prescott

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: someone help
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 10:44:48 AM »
I'm so sorry. 

You dont have to be "strong" for your 2 y/o.  If you need to cry,  let it happen.   Its ok.   Perhaps someone can watch him for awhile while you have time to yourself to do this.

Ask for help.  There may be others around you who have lost loved ones thru the years and will  know what the first steps are in planning a funeral.   The funeral home will help you along the way as well, step by step.  Just dont be afraid to ask for help.    The atty will help you step by step with his estate.  They do it all the time.   

I lost my mother to a heart attack 6 yrs ago, and had to plan it all, and deal with the estate so I know how overwhelming it is,  not knowing what to do first.

This is a great place to come for encouragement and help along the way in your grief walk.

Lauren

Sad Eyes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 01:47:11 PM »
Don't be so hard on yourself............your Dad's sudden death naturally has knocked you off you feet. It's only natural you would be such a wreck after a loss like this.  Grieving takes time and you are at a very emotional point in your grief process.  I agree with what Lauren has posted.  It's OK to ask for help and it helps to talk with others who have lost loved ones too.

I am so sorry for your loss.  Take Care!

Sad Eyes

charlesafather

• Take A Good Look, Life Is Only A Blink.
    • View Profile
    • In My Sons Memory
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 06:46:13 AM »
I also agree with Lauren and sad eyes and you should not be hard on yourself , i was 28 with 5 children just to let you know I was devistated he was my insperation always there for me when i needed advise. I did not get help as I needed and it threw my world in trumoil i lost a good job and it almost wrecked my marrage please be kind and good to yourself for your and your faimly's sake.
                                        prayers and peace for you
                                                        charlesafather

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 10:23:26 AM »
cc,

Are you still around?  Tell us how you've been.

cc_prescott

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 05:02:00 PM »
Yeah I am I have been doing a little better trying to still deal with the loss of my dad.. I just sometimes feel likes its not real like i could call him but I know I cant.. :'(
C prescott

charlesafather

• Take A Good Look, Life Is Only A Blink.
    • View Profile
    • In My Sons Memory
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 05:19:36 AM »
cc,
 I understand my father passes away in 1986 I have one of many pictures hanging on my wall I see him every day it Still hurts to know I cant hug him, but when I think I need help I look at his picture ans ask him to guide me. If you would please look at my web page I made it for my son but on the page "experances of life beyond." I have written a short story about our relationship and what happend when he left this earth.
                    prayers and blessings to you, charles

http://www.freewebs.com/afathersson/