Author Topic: Introducing Our Precious Children  (Read 204346 times)

cathy

• View Profile
Re: Introducing Our Precious Children
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2007, 01:24:19 AM »
Our babies are so precious to us. I want to thank you all for sharing your babies. I have so enjoyed reading the stories. :)

Judy-Marc's mum

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2007, 01:33:31 AM »
Marc Aidan Nuyens
Birthday 1st September 1988
Angel Day 10th December 2006
Marc was born in a small mining town called Karratha which is in the North West of Western Australia and was a very happy baby with a big sister and brother to dote over him, there was an age difference between them.  8 yrs for his sister and 5 yrs for his brother, so you can imagine how spoilt he was.  He lacked for nothing in the love department and he had them wrapped around his little finger.
As he grew older and started school he was very into his sports.  Soccer to start with and then later on he wanted to play AFL (Australian Rules Football) at which he did very well.  He wanted to continue to play both but with his school work starting to suffer with all the training, he was told to make a choice between them, so AFL it was.
When Marc was 16, we moved to Darwin which in the Northern Territory of Australia and he was not happy at all here because all of his friends were back in WA. 
When he finished school he got an apprenticeship as a diesel mechanic and things then started to look up for him as he was finally really happy in his life.  The guys that he worked with are very family orientated and he became part of that family. He was never home on the weekends as they would all go out camping or doing a lot of other outdoor sports.
We were invited to go to a wedding in Perth WA and left here on the Monday, after dropping him off at work and took 7 days to drive down, visiting friends and our 3 ½ yr old granddaughter in Karratha for a few days.  On Friday the 8th we rang him as he had forgotten my birthday the day before.  He was having a BBQ here at the house for all the guys and families that he worked with.  After chatting for about 10 mins and reminding him that I would pick him up at the airport next Friday as he was coming to the wedding and also catching up with all his mates, he said that he had to go that everyone was arriving.  Love you mum were his last words.
On Sunday the 10th December we arrived at my mother’s place in Perth and had an early night after all the driving.  At midnight my husband’s mobile phone rang and it was from the NT coroners department finding out the address of where we were staying and that Marc had been involved in an accident and that the WA police would be round to see us shortly.  I woke my daughter and we found missed calls on her phone also.  We called the number and found that it was also the coroners dept.  After an hour had passed and no police had been to see us, I called him again and was told that they would be there shortly.  30mins later I called again and made him tell us over the phone (which he didn’t want to do) That Marc had died in an accident at 8.35pm.  Upon hearing the news, my mother who was 85 at the time had a mild heart attack and so I had to call an ambulance for her (what a horrible night).  Luckily for us she is still going strong.  The WA police didn’t get there to tell us until 2.30am.
On arriving home the next day, we were told that Marc had been fishing with the guys from work all day and that he had been dropped off here at home at about 8.00pm.  At 8.30 he decided to take my car and go somewhere (we will never know where).  He didn’t have a license and I had left my keys at home because it never entered my head that he would do something like.  Not my Marc, it was totally out of character.  He was only a short distance from home when coming around a bend and he was speeding, he lost control and with a car coming in the opposite direction, my car was hit side on and he died instantly.  The rest as they say is history.
I now tell Makayla when she says that she doesn’t like to go to bed, because there are monster under her there, that Uncle Marc is an angel and that he wouldn’t let them get her and she goes quite happily.
Love you always Marc.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 05:00:46 PM by Judy-Marc's mum »

WendyRN

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2007, 12:26:38 PM »
Keith Miles Dickinson.  May 4, 1986 - August 5, 2007 (21 yrs.)
Scott Edward Lance Dickinson.  March 5, 1979 - January 30, 1984 (4 1/2 yrs)

Although I will forever grieve the loss of my first born son, Scott, in my heart I need to acknowledge the passing of Keith right now.  On anything I might post, I will indicate "mom of Keith".  But I am the mother of 4 children, Scott, Holly, Wade and Keith - always and forever.

My husband and I met in highschool, I was 15 and he 17.  We got married in our early 20's and had Scott the following year.  After a very normal pregnancy, the labour and delivery were difficult and Scott didn't breathe initially for 7 minutes.  There was, of course, profound brain damage and throughout Scottie's short life he was very fragile with a severe seizure disorder.  I was so angry at God and yet I prayed all the time for him to "fix" Scott, at least make him well enough to come home.  At 6 months, he was transferred from an acute care hospital (which piqued my desire to one day become a nurse) to a long term nursing facility that cared for the province's most precarious babies/children.  Through seizuring, Scott had become blind and deaf.  Out of necessity, he was on so many medications to control the seizures that he was mostly hugely sedated.  On any given day, he required resuscitation at least once during seizuring as he would just stop breathing.  We dreamed of being able to bring him home one day and the Christmas before he died, there was a small amount of improvement and the staff had been able to wean him off a couple of meds.  We began to hope.  Then, in January he developed pneumonia again and was too tired, weak to fight any more.  His little body tried so hard.  On January 30, he died.  I did not get the chance to say goodbye.  I was very angry that the hospital did not call me so I could have that opportunity.  With all we had gone through, I felt so gyped that I couldn't even have that. 

Between Scott's birth and Holly's almost 3 years later, I miscarried twice going into the 2nd trimester.  I believe in my heart that it was Mother Nature's way of concluding that I was not ready to have another child....I wanted a "replacement" child for my Scott that couldn't be home with me.  These were very sad years and I really thought that I would be unable to have more children.  But Holly was born in 1982, Wade and 1984 and Keith in 1986.  All healthy and the joy of my life.  They have always been very close because of their ages and Keith's passing is extremely difficult on them as well.

Keith was always a beautiful boy.  When he was very small, at an age when most kids are just learning to string words together, he was talking in full sentences.  (I'm not bragging that he was a genius or anything but his language skills were amazing.)  People used to stop me places and ask how old he was.  I'm sure it has a lot to do with being born the youngest and needing to make himself heard with an older brother and sister.  From an early age he was a jokester.  He loved to make us all laugh.  When he got into school, that's what his friends remember most fondly - he desire to make people laugh and be happy. 

The 2nd half of highschool was sometime difficult for Keith.  Life dished out some cruel stuff and he became sometimes bitter and angry.  He did enjoy his many friends though, and while he didn't think much of school he did enjoy playing on the rugby team.  After squeaking by and graduating, Keith had a few different jobs in the "trades" and eventually got hired on where my husband and his older brother, Wade, work.  He really loved this job and the people there.  It was sometimes hard working with both his dad and his brother (being the youngest) and he felt the need to gain some independence and so moved into his own place, which he did about a year ago.  He had his own apartment for a few months before finances forced him home for awhile.  Keith had been struggling with some issues in his life and was trying to make some positive changes for himself.  On the long weekend in August (in B.C., Canada we have B.C. Day on the first Monday of the month) Keith and a group of his friends left for camping about 3 hours away from here.  They friends he was with would later tell us that he was having the time of his life.  He commented to a couple of them that he was having the best time ever.  It was a beautiful hot and sunny weekend.  He was with great friends.  The Tulameen River was cool and they floated on rafts, rode ATV's, drank beer, enjoying each other's company.  On Sunday, after an evening of riding the ATV's they were jut about to put them away for the night.  The group said that they had been careful about drinking and riding the machines and had only had a couple of casual beers.  Each time someone went for a ride they wore a helmut.   Keith decided, before they got put away, that he wanted one last ride and he took off without a helmut on (not that it made a difference.)  It may have meant that even the "casual" drinking had allowed him to make an unsafe choice or maybe it meant that he was just going for such a short trip he didn't think it was necessary.  We'll never know.  He was only gone a very short time before a truck pulled up to their campsite and said one of their ATV's was lying on its side on the roadway.  When the kids rushed down to where the ATV was, they realized what had happened.  ALongside the road is a 150 foot cliff.  Keith must have hit a pile of dirt that was in that particular spot or a pothole and was ejected from the bike and over the cliff.  He landed in the Tulameen River below where he drowned.  The fall did not cause his death and he didn't even have a broken bone.  By the time his friends were able to find and get to him, he was already gone.  They tried desperately to help with CPR.  You can only imagine the depths of despair of these kids.  They were made to remain at the campsite overnight for their own safety by the RCMP.  They said nobody spoke a word.  It was absolute silence.  Each living in their own disbelief and imagined guilt.  I hold no anger towards any of them.  It was an accident.  An accident that only Keith was involved in.  A terrible tragedy.

I learned of this after coming home from working a nightshift at the hospital.  I had stopped for groceries on the way home because my husband and I were supposed to be starting holidays after one more nightshift.  When I got home, I brought my work stuff into the house and returned to get the groceries.  An police car was just pulling into the driveway.  They asked me if I was Keith Dickinson's mom and I felt my heart flutter.  Wanting to believe the least horrible, I asked if he was in jail.  I don't think they even said "no" to that but they wouldn't tell me anything.  Just to come in the house and wake my husband up.  I was beginning to panic and I could feel my throat constricting.  It only took a minute before my husband was in the living room with us and they said that Keith had been in an ATV accident and hadn't survived.  After that, I don't really remember the day.  I had to go down to Wade's room and tell him and then call my daughter and tell her the police were going to come and get her and that her brother had died an an accident.  I will never forget that. 

Within a couple of hours, the kids started showing up.  Holly's, Wade's and so many of Keith's.  They were everywhere...inside and on the front and back lawns.  I can't say what a comfort they were.  Some stayed overnight the next week or so.  We were never alone.  Of course there was family and our friends as well, but the young friends meant so much.  The friends that had been with Keith that weekend had many stories to tell and lots of pictures to share.  I am forever grateful for that. 

A couple of weeks later, one of Keith's best friends, Jemma, and her immediate family had been about to celebrate her mom's 50th birthday and were going to ride a hot air balloon.  The celebration turned into a horrific accident when the basket caught fire while rising in the air and Jemma and her mother were killed.  All the other passengers managed to get out, with various burns and injuries, but the visual of the basket aflame and knowing that Jemma and her mother were in it was devastating.  These kids, many of whom were experiencing their firm traumatic death with Keith's passing, now had to endure another in such a short time.  Jemma was wearing Keith's memorial T-shirt in the balloon.  This terrible event, reported and shown over and over again on every news channel really complicated mourning for Keith.  There is a video on www.youtube.com and you can look at a memorial wall painted by a couple of Keith's friends.  When you get to the youtube site, key in Keith Dickinson and it will come up. 

This weekend will be 3 months since he's been gone.  Sometimes I believe it.  Sometimes its just too surreal yet.  I am obsessed with anything on the "afterlife".  I have been reading Sylvia Brown, etc. and have seen the same medium twice.  I find some comfort in that.  I do not follow an organized religion (brought up Catholic) but I do believe in God and want to explore my spirituality.

Thanks for listening.

Wendy, Keith's mom

Aussie_dad

• nospam
  • skype chat..... username: devilinarustyholden
    • View Profile
    • Australian grieving parents forum
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2007, 04:39:05 AM »
I am not Zac's natural father. I first met Zac when he was 3 years old. His mum and I had been chatting online and eventually met. She had 3 children, Zac was the oldest, then Harrison (2) and Kaitlyn (6 weeks).
We saw more and more of each other, and I got to know them all very well. Eventually, we all moved in together. The kids saw their natural father on and off, slowly i became more and more a fixture in their life.
We married after 4 years,  and had 2 more kids, but after 3 years we seperated.  Zac;s natural father stopped contact when he was around 7 years old. We never heard from him again.
I loved watching all of children grow, I love each and everyone one of them as much as any man can. Every age is a new delight, teaching them to read, teaching them to ride. Zachary was always so inquistive, we would talk for ages about all different subjects.
That would have to be one of the things that I miss most. The kids would each take turns during school hol;idays coming to work with me. I'm a sales rep and i'm on the road 8-9 hours a day. Zac and I would talk for hours about how the world works. I would tell him my veiws of the world, but I always insisted that he should make his own judgements and discover his own path.
Zac was more than my son, he was my friend , he was my mate. He had just reached that beautiful age between child and adult.
A friend wrote this poem for me and read it at his funeral.
Son
By
Donna Page

Not of your blood but of your heart,
A child you love as your own.

Nurturing him and caring for him;
In your strong arms he found a home.

You gave your heart to this child
And all you asked in reply,

Was to watch him grow and reach his dreams;
You’d help him touch the sky.

You could not have known the little time
That you and he had to share.

To nurture him and love each other,
To teach him how to care.

When he taken from you,
His journey reached its end.

But know that he will return,
To live a life again.

Zachary Evans 26-5-1992 to 3-1-2006

Kaitlyn (11),Jared (4),Harrison (13), Danae (7)
http://grievingparents.proboards70.com

Dawson

« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2007, 08:25:06 AM »
Macy Elizabeth Moyers
January 25, 1993 - June 14, 2007
Macy loved everyone. She hated nobody and had compassion for those less fortunate. Macy is in Heaven today. She loves her Daddy. I love her endlessly!
Please look at my baby. Please share with others the story of her as you know it from this forum.

My daughter was killed on 6/14/07 when she snuck out and went joy riding with 5 friends in Baytown, TX. You can search the story by typing in Baytown Texas joyride tragedy.  4 in the backseat were killed when they ran under a train parked on the tracks. No lighting was at the crossing. The train could not be seen and was parked there 33 minutes when the law only allows them to be stationary across a raod for only 10 minutes. They were all trying to get home because they were "busted"  for sneaking out. Macy (my 14 y/o), Loral (my 12 y/o neice), Colette (the 14 y/o staying the night with my daughter), and Austin (the 12 y/o brother of the boy that stole the car to make this all possible and helped them sneak out) were all killed instantly. The other boy, a 15 y/o like the other survivor also made this possible and helped my daughter out the window. This is rough. I am angry at these boys one moment then the next want them to live responsibly and productively. Then I get mad at my girl for making a bad decision that has ripped her Daddy apart with it's consequences. Then the next moment I feel bad for being mad at her. One day I want to speak out to teens and teach them a lesson about making good choices then the next day I feel as if I should keep my mouth shut and stay out of others business and grieve alone and in silence. No one. No one!, can possibly understand my pain except others who have tragically lost their babies.
Dawson - Macy's Daddy
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 06:44:01 AM by Dawson »

MelissaCharliesMom

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2007, 05:05:10 PM »
Is it possible I have been here with all of you for so long and never posted Charlies story? I guess it is time to do so. Though I doubt it will be easy.
Charlie was our oldest. Born to a young Mom and Daddy who loved him more then anything else on this earth on Nov 16, 1993. He was a precious baby. The first born grandchild on either side of the family.
He is the big brother to Patrick now 10, Emma now 4 and Brayden 22 months. He was a friend to everyone and it didnt matter who they were or what they had or what color their skin was. He had an infectious laugh that made everyone around him smile and he was a protector of those smaller or weaker then him. He was THE BEST big brother so proud of his siblings. Him and Patrick were inseperable best friends.He was a Boy Scout having been awarded the Arrow Of Light just a few months before his death, he played baseball and basketball, loved martial arts, hunting, skateboarding, family vacations he was my travel buddy and shared my love of taking off on unplanned road trips whenever the mood struck, and most of all he was a genius on a bike...constantly giving me a fit as he flew by standing on the seat or riding a "Superman". He was a ladies man and had the same girlfriend for 3 years (yes at the age of 10 he'd been "dating" the same girl for 3 years LOL!!)
On June 25 2004 we went to my sisters High School graduation that was the last time we would all be together as a family. The next morning...Saturday June 26 hubby was working overtime and I was home preparing food for my sisters graduation party that was to be held later that day. Charlie begged me to let him go with his cousin to another town to a sporting goods store to buy new skateboards. I really wasnt thrilled with the idea but talked to his Uncle who said theyd be back in plenty of time for the party. So his uncle loaded up Charlie and his cousin and 2 of their friends and took them to buy skateboards...if only I had known.
Around 10 am, less then 2 miles from home, a tourist who was arguing with his wife turned abruptly in front of Charlies Uncle. Charlies Uncle did everything possible to avoid the collision (the police said he did everything by the book but it was unavoidable)The custom conversion van Charlie was in flipped and even though he was wearing his seatbelt Charlie was killed instantly. One of the other boys in the vehicle with Charlie was airlifted for severe internal injuries but pulled through. The other driver who was arguing with his wife about buying a bottle of wine turned into a winery and killed my son and also killed one of his own children a 7 year old twin boy. The other driver also severly injured his wife and one other son and had one child and himself who escaped unscathed.
Charlie was 10 years old the day he was killed and it was his first day of Summer Vacation. Our lives changed forever that day. I was rushed to the ER 2 days after his death because I just wanted to kill myself and end it all.
I miss him every second of every day. There is not a moment that goes by that I dont wish he was here with me, Id sell my soul to the devil and give my own life to have him here where he belongs.
We were drug through a nasty court battle for 3 years against the man who killed my son. There was no justice served and nothing at all wouldve happened had it not been for us pushing and demanding..finally the man responsible for my sons death received a 6 month license suspension in May of 2007 almost 3 years after the accident.
We are petitioning the State of NY to change the laws. This man received a huge settlement amount as did his wife who sued him(her owen husband and their insurance companyand my sons Uncles insurance company on behalf of herself, their son who was injured and their son who was killed. They remain married and are living in the lap of luxury. Amazing...I hope that money eases his guilt! I hate him and will never forgive him for what he has done to our family, our lives, to my precious Charlie.
He was my sunshine and make no doubt about it if not for his brothers and sister Id have no reason to be here.
I am forever grateful to all of you for saving me from myself on more the one occassion and for understanding when no one else does.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 09:50:38 PM by MelissaCharliesMom »

Annette

• nospam
  • Michael, my beloved first son, I miss you so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2007, 11:28:27 PM »
My son Michael was born December13, 1982, in San Diego, CA, where I was born and raised. He was a very curious, smart baby and walked really early at 9 months. As soon as he could walk he wanted out of my arms and wanted to explore everything to see how it worked. This curiosity and ability allowed him to be able to fix anything and everything. I had my 2nd child, Trevor, when Michael was 21 months old and it was love at first sight for Michael. He and Trevor were lifelong best friends. Sure, they had sibling squabbles, but always came back to being best friends.

When Michael was in first grade, his best friend and his father moved away. He never saw either one again. It caused him a lot of pain, and caused me to worry as he made a decision early in life not to get close to others as they leave you. I had been much relieved the past couple of years of Michael's life and he was once again making friends and reaching out more than he did as a teenager.

I raised my boys as a single mother, deciding not to date, because raising them took everything I had. I finished my degree and became a teacher. Michael was gifted in school and amazing to everyone. However, he did not enjoy school and only attended college one semester. He didn't need college, as he was successful programming computer code and was a production supervisor for a legal services firm when he died.

Michael was musical and played various instruments, including clarinet and bari sax in band, and a guitar at home. He did lose interest in playing most music and devoted his time to his love of computers and computer games. He also loved speed and had a Mazda Miata and a motorcycle. A week before he died, he traded in his 600cc motorcycle and bought a brand new Suzuki Hayabusa, which is the fastest street bike they sell. I tried to stop it, but  he was making a lot of money at his job and said he could just move out and do what he wants. The Hayabusa is 1300cc, which is a big jump in power, and can go over 200 mph.

Michael died the day after Mother's Day, 2007. We had a wonderful Mother's Day. I had dragged Michael with me the day before from store to store until I found a Weber propane barbecue I wanted. Michael assembled the barbecue the morning of Mother's Day and barbecued rib eye steaks for us, including his brother, Trevor, Trevor's fiance, Maria, and her mom, Gloria. That was the last day I hugged Michael, kissed his cheek and we said we loved each other. I remember thinking how proud I was of him and how tall, big and strong he was and how it was like hugging a strong man. He gave me a Mother's Day card, where he wrote he loved me. It's still on our piano.

The next day, Monday, I had just finished my final class for my Master's Degree program and they let us out early. In the parking lot at the university, I was hugged by a couple of my professors and we joked around. I was so happy to go home early, before it got dark. I pulled into my driveway, started walking in and Michael came out of the house and put his key in his new motorcycle. I asked him where he was going, and he said, "On a ride." I said, "Have fun!" and those were the last words we spoke to each other. After 10 pm, when he didn't call, I started getting worried, and called him, texted him, and tried to contact his brother as sometimes he'd go to his apartment. I couldn't sleep and was very worried as Michael was so reliable, he would never cause me worry.

Michael met up with a local sportbike group here in Las Vegas the night he died. They went up a mountain route to a biker bar, where they drank hot chocolate and soda, as the group was committed to safe riding and no drinking. They came down the dark, curvy mountain pass and Michael didn't make the last curve, which is a sharp left curve. He wasn't speeding, it was a terrible accident. He was riding with 2 other riders, one in front of him and one in back. He rode along the guard rail, became separated from the bike and landed 90 feet away. He died at the scene and was pronounced dead. The coroner called me at 2:55 am and then came to my house. He used awful words and said Michael was mangled and crushed, but died instantly. His head was fine and was protected by the full face helmet. He died of blunt force trauma. A few months after his death, I visited the site and the cross marker that the motorcycle group left and found Michael's eyeglasses. That meant a lot to me to find them.

A month after his death, Trevor was married to Maria. The wedding was difficult for me and I went through it in a trance. Michael was to have been the best man.... my boys had even bought matching tuxedos as they didn't want to rent tuxes and thought it'd be cool to keep their tuxes forever... one of the saddest days was returning that tux to get one to fit the new best man, one of their friends, Nick.

Michael's funeral was beautiful but very difficult. Nobody suggested that I video it, and I wish the church would've mentioned it as I would've done it. Oh well. Nothing will bring back my beautiful, kind-hearted boy. I love him so very much and find it hard to live without him. His brother is also hurting and misses him so much. If I didn't have Trevor to live for, I don't know what I'd do. I struggle with my faith now, but I want to believe in heaven and that I'll see him again one day.
Michael's Mom
12-13-82 - 5-14-07

Trevor & Michael 2004 Age3

sandy2

« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2007, 05:57:37 PM »
SHANE RICHARD PRUETT BORN 6-27- 77 , ANGEL DATE 6-9-07. I really thought i posted here before , but cant find it , so if this is the second time please bare with me. My ONLY CHILD SHANE,was born to us 6-27-77, 2 months early & We all always joked cause he just wasnt very pretty! Just a 4lb., wrinkled up little baby. But boy did he just fit right in my arms from day one . He was an absolutly wonderful baby , never cried or fussed was just always such a happy baby. He grew to have some difficult teenage years , but we got thru those. He had me my first grandbaby,AUSTIN Nov.17 1997. He is the spitting image of his DADDY. He went on to have two more children ,CAYLIB 9-14-01, also spitting image of DADDY ,then NEVEAH,3-27-03, another DADDYS girl. So then I became a Mother & Grandmother , all I ever wanted to be all I ever knew. SHANE was a union plaster, very good one at that. Personally I never felt any danger in his job , but he did drive miles everyday for work & I worried EVERYDAY about that. Well i got my gut wrenching terrible call on 6-9-07.SHANE & 3 of his coworkers were working on one of the biggest malls in Indianapolis Ind. A pin fell off a motor at one end of the scaffolding they were on 42 ft. in the air. MY SON AS HE WAS & ALWAYS WILL BE IN MY EYES TRIED TO BE THE HERO, TOOK HIS SAFTY BELT OFF WITH A COWORKER ,& WENT TO PUT THE PIN BACK IN , WELL THE WEIGHT OF HIS OTHER TWO COWORKERS COULD NOT HOLD THEM & A CABLE BROKE. MY BIG STRONG MUSCLE BOUND CONSTUCTION WORKER SON FELL 42.FT. TO A HEROS DEATH!!!!! My life has been totally changed that second , that minute , that hr. I am on day 200 as I write this CHRISTMAS DAY. What a long tough day this has been. This journey I have had to be on is A PARENTS WORST NIGHTMARE. I am left now trying to redefine myself, from being a Mother , Grandmother, to I'm not sure what ??? Thats was who I was , & who I always wanted to be. Im not sure where I go from here, but im sure there is a plan . SHANE, I DO WANT YOU TO KNOW YOU ARE IN MY HEART, EVERY BREATH I TAKE. THERE ARE DAYS I THINK I CANT TAKE ANOTHER BREATH, I STRUGGLE BUDDY. THANK-YOU SO MUCH FOR THE MOST WONDERFUL 29 YEARS, SOMETIMES VERY TOUGH YEARS A MOTHER COULD EVER ASK FOR. SEND ME SOME OF YOUR STRENTH TO SEE ME THRU THIS TILL WE MEET AGAIN , YOU WILL BE EVERY BREATH I TAKE . LOVE YOU MORE THAN WORDS COULD EVER EXPRESS YOUR MOTHER.I LOVE YOU & I HOPE & PRAY SOMEDAY I WILL FIND MY WAY, BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO DO THAT WITHOUT YOU ! FOREVER IN MY HEART & SOUL SHANE I LOVE YOU !!!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 06:09:28 PM by sandy2 »

Tylersmommy

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2008, 11:43:54 AM »
Well, it's been a very long time since I have been here. But I have found that coming here every once in a while helps me through tough times. So I want to share my story... No, this isn't my story, it's Tylers.

Tyler was born April 26th 2002. Healthy happy little baby, he was. I had 3 months and 1 week with my little precious. He had just strated lifting himself up with his two little hands while laying on his stomach. He started to recognize his toes and loved to put them in his mouth. Smiling. Not very many landmarks a baby can hit that young.

He was going to the dr's on a regular basis, every week, for weight checks. He had a hard time gaining weight. Thyroid problems they told me. Ok, I can handle that. We up'ed his caloric intake, (more formula, less water) and fed him every 4 hours. The dr said it was doing exactly what we wanted. He was up to 15 lbs. Yay.

On Sept. 2nd, I woke him up at 1 AM, and fed him. I still remember him, eyes half open, dozing off every few few seconds. Finish the bottle, change the diaper, kisses and lay him down, the same routine every night.

I was talking to friend that night. We had bought a "SIDS Star" (donate a dollar to research), and she asked me, "what would you do if Tyler passes away?"  "How would you tell people?". And the conversation continued. I have always thought that death was something you had to prepare for, no matter the situation. Maybe that makes me morid. But that night, I tought about it. How would I handle it? What would I do, or say? How would I afford it? I decided the next day to look into the gerber grow up plan.

My alarm goes off, it's 5 AM. I couldn't help but think, "It's to early for this." I laid there for a minute, and something told me to get up. So I did, and with a sense of urgency I still can not explain, I walked across the living room of my small apartment, into Tyler's room. He wasn't breathing. The one thing that sticks out in my head about that morning, is when I picked him up and his head "lolled". I knew. Everything else about that day was a blur. But when his neck had no muscluar strength in it, and it just... "lolled". That was the worse thing in the world. I ran to the other end of the apartment, clucthing him to my chest to call 911. He was gone.

I miss him dearly everyday, and he is always in the front of my mind. I have tattoo's in his memory, and everytime I see a tulip, I know he is near. (Tulips was his 'nickname')

I am lucky though. I "have" 8 other children to love and nurture. None of which are my own. I seem to collect them through friendships and I have 1 wonderful step daughter. God has put these children in my life for me to love, because I have so much love to give. Tyler Anthony, Myla, Kenzi, Kayla, Preston, Izzi, Anni, Tyler Micheal, and Joshua... I love them all. And am thankful for them. But to have my baby back in my arms, for only one second....

Tulips = Love

Donna Jasons mom

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2008, 06:49:33 AM »
It's been quite a while since I have been on the board but for some reason feeling like I needed to today. 
How do we put into words and introduce our precious children but I will attempt to once again.
My Jason was 24 years old and was carried to Heaven on Dec 14, 2004.  He was killed in a car accident only one mile from our house.  We heard the sirens but never dreamed they were for our baby.
Jason was in school to become an electrician, he was only 5 months shy of graduating and becoming a journeyman.  He was so proud of his accomplishments and I was very proud of him!  He had so many hobbies, he loved snowboarding, his truck, his family and music.  He was and still is the love of my life!  There's just something about that connection between moms and their sons.  I don't know if it was because he was my first child or my only son but their was a special bond between us.  He was very handsome, of course, standing at 6'2 blonde hair, beautiful eyes and a smile that would light up any room when he walked in.  He was a very kind and thoughtful person and is so very deeply missed by so many people that he touched with his life.  There are always so many things that trigger that pain when I see a young man with their hat on backwards, cardharts they just take me right back to that very moment when I learned my Jason was not with me in his physical body anymore.  The one thing I miss the most is his voice, his big hugs and I know this sounds crazy but his toes used to crack when he walked LOL.  As time goes by things to become bareable but your life is so much forever changed and different.  Their are some good times and laughter but their always seems to be this cloud over you that is always there.  I do believe I will see him again and that is the only things that keeps me going on everyday.  I want him to be proud of me and I must try to find my purpose to fulfill on this earth so I can be with him that much sooner!  Until I am with him again he remains forever in my heart!
One day, one moment, one breathe at a time!!!!!!
Donna (Jason's mom)

Nariel

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2008, 12:56:50 PM »
My name is Nariel and I'm new to the list.
I lost my son Edward at the age of 18, to a fatal car accident on August 25th 2007.

It seems I've stumbled through the past 10 months.. most of them, a haze of pain and confusion.. waiting to wake up from this nightmare.. waiting to see him walk in the door and have my life back again.

Edward was a graduate just 90 days before he passed.. he had only moved into his first bachelor pad, two weeks before.  He had a wonderful girlfriend that he simply adored and a little sister who is now 17 yrs old and struggles now.. and won't even attempt to learn to drive a car, though she has had a driver's permit for nearly a year now.

He was a hyper talented drummer and never met an instrument that he couldn't play on first attempt.  He was also a talented mechanic.

He was nearly a genius with an IQ of 135 at the age of 8.

These are the things the world saw and knew of Ed.. but to me.. he was my beating heart.. he was my buddy.. he was all the things in the world that were good to me.. and today.. well.. I struggle to breathe, to move to get up and do anything at all... I survive all right.. he was survived by.... what true language those newspaper articles use...
"survived by..." cause I'm sure not living by any stretch of the imagination... *sigh*

I'm grateful to be here. Thank you for the space and time.
As soon as I figure out how to load a picture of my son.. I will share that with you.

Many blessings,
Nariel

charlesafather

• Take A Good Look, Life Is Only A Blink.
    • View Profile
    • In My Sons Memory
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2008, 01:55:31 PM »
I can not wright about my son's accident again right now, too upset. Just learned to put his picture on my signature, however I will Share this poem I wrote for him ( my first draft.)

Dedicated to my son “ Chad ”

“ MY SON”

I miss my son, he was fun
                                     he lost his way ,
                                I feel I wasn’t there
                                so we could talk and enjoy the air

We had our times of joy
                                   we had our fights
                                 I tried to help
                                 however I think I gave too much

we fished we camped we played
                                 we cried we argued we fought
                                 we talked or just sat
                                 sometimes we would just take a nap

no matter what we did
                                 we did those things together
                                 I sure miss my son
                                 but he left me his.

Charlesafather

rita-grammy

• nospam
  • Judi Rebecca ( Boo)
    • View Profile
    • myspace.com/ritagrammy
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2008, 11:08:44 AM »
My Judi Rebecca was born on June 19, 1977 in Colorado. She was such a beautiful little girl with a cute turned up nose and hugh brown eyes. Even as an adult she always called me Mommy the other day I found a mothers card she had made for me years ago, it said I want to grow up to be just like you Mommy, She left three children CJ 12 years old, Angel 10, and Bella 8 years old, she had one older sister, two brothers one older, one younger, he is the one that was closest to her and said he not only lost his sister he lost his best friend also. He calls her his little big sister. My Becca took her own life, They came to tell at 5:00 AM, when that doorbell rang and they told me, she did'nt make it my life as I knew it was forever changed. Even at 31 she loved to play in the snow and seemed to have so much love and happiness in her. I don't know what happened to my Boo that night and I guess I will never really know, why she choose to leave. It is a nightmare, one I wish I could awake up from, and she would tell me " Mommy I would'nt leave you....Not like that. It's so hard but, we all have our beautiful memories. Here is My Becca as a baby.
Rita
I'll love you for always
I'll like you forever
as long as I'm living
my baby you'll be

momma to 2+ an angel

• Missing my baby - Born Sept 28, 7:08 & Gone 9:15
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2008, 08:04:47 PM »
This is just so hard - I am the proud mom of 2 beautiful kids... met somebody wonderful after an awful relationship with the kids dad and we wanted to grow our family... 18 mos went by and no luck.

Finally in May of this year I found out we were expecting... On Sept. 4th I found out that my baby was "Incompatible With Life" - what an awful way to put it.

He had clusters of cysts on his kidneys, a bloackage in his tubes from his kidneys to his bladder, no function of his bladder basically and there was no amniotic fluid to develop his lungs... I went into labor with him on Sept. 25th and he was born on Sept 28, 2008 at 7:08 PM.  He weighed 1.65 lbs, and was just over 12 inches long... I got to hold him and kiss him and tell him how much I love him because he lived until 9:15 PM... Now I am just so broken that I don't want to be here anymore. 

We have had him cremated and I have only his remains to hold... no baby.  I just don't know what to do -- I really don't.

I am the proud mom to my 2 beautiful kidlets and my 3rd child grew his wings on Sept 28.  Nothing has been the same since.  Jenn

Brenda Taylors Mom

• nospam
  • I miss you so much my "big tough guy"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.taylor-lewis.memory-of.com
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2009, 06:00:43 PM »
How very sad.. I'm so deeply sorry. What a precious little angel....