Author Topic: Board Info/Merged Topics  (Read 203524 times)

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Child Loss - board info
« Reply #120 on: March 23, 2012, 11:02:22 PM »

Hi Rita!

My concern would be how private can you make it? As sad as it sounds there are people who pray who those who are broken and how much more broken can you be when you lose your child? So it would have to really be monitored I think there are concerns ...just my thoughts on the matter ...

Thanks for this question and I 'do' understand your concern. True that anyone can come onto the boards and we need to be on the 'look-out' as there are those that will prey on the suffering of others, although we haven't had a problem here for a long time. The few times that we did, and that was many years ago it was the members who found them out and then reported it. I think being sensitive to others when we're grieving also gives us that 'edge' of intuition, at times which can be helpful.

In regards to your other question: a private board would only be accessed by members who have a password. Similar to our chat room, which is now private and requires a password, also. That's working well.

Thanks, Rita for your input! I appreciate it and I hope I answered your questions.

Miss seeing Becca!

Love,
Terry

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 23, 2012, 11:25:02 PM »

Hi Missy and thanks for your input regarding a private board. I'm grateful that the members who were no longer posting, shared with me that it was a privacy concern. I would have never known, otherwise. So, I appreciate your sharing this in this thread where we need to hear from all of the members.

There are other ways, of course to keep information private and over the years, I have shared/offered this information on the board. I've been online probably half of my life and the first thing I learned was the Internet was the world-at-our-fingertips and just as we wouldn't give out our personal information to a stranger in the street, the same should apply when online. Especially if there are those who have privacy concerns.

Using a separate email address when registering for any account on the Internet would prevent someone from finding us, should they Google our email address. It should be different from the one we give out to our family and friends and this would ensure a certain amount of privacy. Not using our full birth name, would be another way to prevent someone from tracking our every move online. These are just a couple of ways to ensure our privacy.

I have a business website but it is only for use by my clients and it is password protected. I have had a blog for many years and it, too is set on private. It's all a matter of personal preference and the reason we need to hear from everyone regarding the desire to have one private board aside from the public board.

Thanks again, Missy!

Love,
Terry

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 23, 2012, 11:41:34 PM »
Hi Terry!! Long time no see!

Well I for one would've REALLY hoped a private board was available at the time I first joined. After my ex hacked into my posts, I rarely posted anymore just knowing that everything I said was being read by him. But after being on Facebook and seeing what's going on some other grief groups, if someone really wants to get in, they'll manipulate their way in one way or another.  Well just my two cents!!

Hey Shelly! I remember like it was yesterday when this happened to you here on the board. I felt so bad for you, having to deal with everything else, losing your precious Lan-Man and then this added stress.

I noticed on facebook that there are grief groups where anyone can read and comment and some of the posters (not all) haven't experienced a loss and I've read some pretty far-out things on there. I don't see a whole lot of sharing on those sites and probably for that reason. They choose to be public so they are leaving themselves open to anyone reading and also, commenting. So, basically they are also allowing themselves to be manipulated by others who really shouldn't be in there. I agree with that. They choose 'not' to be private.

I was never really one for the social networking sites and the only reason I got a facebook page was to stay in touch with you guys as I'm not the social butterfly that some are. :) I'm more a one-on-one gal! But, I 'do' enjoy the interaction and knowing how everyone's doing. I am also set on private and have probably 26 or 28 friends that I accepted. 22 are Mom's from this board. A few others are members from the Main board here and then, our Tom. That's it! That's how I like it!

Thanks so much for stopping over, Shelly and for your input. I appreciate it!

Love,
Terry

Brenda Taylors Mom

• nospam
  • I miss you so much my "big tough guy"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.taylor-lewis.memory-of.com
« Reply #123 on: April 05, 2012, 10:13:44 AM »
Sorry to say I don't come here very often anymore. The first several years, it was life saving. I don't have a problem with the private message board just to some of the members. Everyone has their reasons. I am on facebook and have some of the people here on there and it works good. I quit coming because it seemed like Terry ( bless your heart) was the only one answering or replying to anything I wrote, and it looked like that way for many many of us. I don't know,,, it's ok by me.. sounds fine. I usually come here on Taylors angel date and his birthday which is this month... Thank you Terry.
Brenda

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 11, 2012, 06:56:50 AM »

Thanks for your input, Bren. I appreciate it. Yes, a lot of our Mom's are on Facebook although I find when they need to share about their children, they 'do' come onto the board. I'm always glad to see that.
I remember when we came here, shortly after losing our children and were received warmly. And, it saddens me that our new members are not and the reason they don't stay very long. Most of our members are a long time into this journey and they have shared that they have nothing to offer. I remember that post about three or four years ago asking why more do not share and it really did get a lot of responses and all were very open about their reasons. But, we all move forward. That's just life.

I do understand and true, we all have our reasons.

Love to you Bren and thoughts of your "Baby Doll" Tay this month!

Love,
Terry

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 24, 2012, 08:21:18 PM »

I spoke with Annette, Michael's Momma on facebook and she approves of a private board.

Thank You, Annette for your input!

Love,
Terry

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: HELP ME PLEASE I AM BEGGING YOU ALL
« Reply #126 on: August 11, 2015, 11:26:08 AM »
CubelesqueCed - This is a grief and healing site and not a writer's club or a learning platform for web design.

Thank You,
Terry