Author Topic: my sister  (Read 4597 times)

wendy0973

• View Profile
my sister
« on: September 12, 2008, 04:29:52 PM »
well I'm new to this but really have no where to turn so here goes...
It's been almost 3 yrs now that i lost my sister, she was 7 yrs older than me & my only sibling. She went into the hospital Dec 23 so they could induce labor on her( she wanted to be home for Christmas with her other daughter & the new baby) her entire pregnancy was fine no problems at all so this was completely unexpected to everyone. I was standing beside her talking to her she was yet to be in full term labor so we were just waiting it out & she stopped breathing just in an instant. In my heart looking back on it i knew she was gone that quick you could just feel it in the room. They call it AFE amnoitic fluid embolosim. its very rare possibly 1 in every 30,000 women. There are no signs no symptoms. Still to this day i see her face in my head & cant just past that moment. A part of me wishes i was never in that room that day, i wish i could remember other pictures of her than that one. At the time her other daughter was 3 & today she looks just like her & sometimes its hard tp look at her she looks so much like the mother she doesn't remember. I have no idea how to get past this. I just do not understand why her?

Sad Eyes

• View Profile
Re: my sister
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 10:10:10 AM »
Dear Wendy,

It's never easy to lose a loved one under any circumstance.  But to have lost your sister on what was to be a happy day only adds to the pain and sorrow that you are feeling.  To me a sudden death is much tougher to deal with.........so many complex issues for those of us left behind   I have lost both a sister and a brother.  My sister had cancer, we knew that she wouldn't last long and we began grieving long before she ever passed away.  My brother was murdered, needless to say his death was quite a shock and much more traumatic to deal with.  All too well I can understand why you are struggling with your grief and wondering why this had to happen on what should have been a wonderful day for you and your family.   I wish I could say something to make all of this better for you.  I have found that talking with others who share similar experiances does help the healing process.  If you need anything don't be afraid to ask.....................there is always a shoulder to lean on at this website.  Take care and let me know how you are doing.

Sad Eyes 

kevinjj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 09:07:33 AM »
I know well that burned in image of seeing a loved one lying on a hospital bed, gone forever from the life shared with so many. I guess there never will be any understanding when there were so many chances for extended life and they could have continued being with us. It is so hard to accept and I am so sorry for your loss.

Robyn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 08:43:46 AM »
Wendy,

I am so very sorry for your loss.  I lost my sister a year and a half ago in a very similar way.  Her baby died too.  The circumstances were a little different but the same in that we all went to the hospital that day expecting it to be a wonderful occasion and came home with no baby and no mom.
I find myself blocking that day out of my head or else I would never sleep again.

I hope you find a way to find peace.
Robyn