Author Topic: birthday  (Read 5601 times)

Irene

• nospam
    • View Profile
birthday
« on: June 26, 2008, 08:39:00 AM »
Hi,

Tomorrow would be my mom's birthday. She passed away suddenly on November 2, 2004. When she first passed away, I didn't think that I would ever make it through the grief. Thankfully, with the passage of time, and this board and friends, I did learn how to survive this. I hope that this gives others hope too.
   On her birthday, I always tried to make her day as special for her, as she tried to make our birthdays. Some days bring the pain of missing her, right back to the front.
The good news is that after these few years, I know that this pain will subside, but there are always going to be days where I miss her and find it tough. I loved her tremendously(still do).

grainofsand

• nospam
  • Hard to let them go...
    • View Profile
Re: birthday
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 03:16:07 PM »
Irene~

I am sending you **hugs** for tomorrow. 
How wonderful you are to make her birthday special. 

Like all our loved ones that have gone beyond....be it a birthday, holiday or just a regular day....sometimes it doesn't take much for that pain of missing them to be brought back, does it.

May your celebration of her life bring you smiles tomorrow.

Letter to Death: Death never looks back to see my tears or how difficult life has become now for me.
When death stops a heart, it doesn't understand that it beat with another.

Geraldine

• View Profile
    • our journey
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 04:02:00 PM »

Irene, I will be thinking of you tomorrow, we never get use to birthdays memoriams, anniversaries, tears always flow on these dates.

It is the best thing you can do for your mum to honour her with love in making that special day special.

HUGS

Irene

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 07:48:22 PM »
Hi,

Thanks to both of you for your messages. It brought tears to my eyes to read them.
My friend mentioned that it was her son's birthday tomorrow, and then I thought of the date. Just like that, the missing pain can appear out of nowhere sometimes.
  If it is not raining tomorrow evening(it's been raining every day for the last few weeks), I will head to a strawberry patch and pick some strawberries for my dad and my brother, and we will all think of Mom. She really loved strawberries, and it's something we always enjoyed on her birthday.
  Three and a half years later, and some days can seem like it was just yesterday that she died. Thankyou.

ladybug13

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 08:38:21 PM »
I wish a day of special memories for you! You give me hope. It's been a really rough month but knowing you have been through it and made does serve as inspiration. My sister, my Dad, and I bbq and went to the cemetery this year for my Mom's birhtday. I bought a box set of CD's to listen to of her favorite music, could not bring myself to do it..One day I will. Anyways I hope tomorrow finally brings happy memories and new ways to celebrate your Mom. I will be thinking of you and her tomorrow! Happy Birhtday to her above!  ;)   Jacque
In Loving Memory of My Mother LeeAnn!
Jacque (Ladybug13)

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 05:45:33 PM »
Irene,

Happy Birthday to your mom!!   I hope you are getting thru the day ok.   What did you do in honor of mom?

It is amazing how  it can sometimes feel like yesterday.  Pain seems to know no time.

I baked a cake today,  angel food with raspberries and ate two pieces for you and mom.  :)     I hope her birthday was a  special celebration of life and memories for you and your family.

Good to see you around,

Lauren

kevinjj

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 10:59:15 AM »
I dread my wife's birthday but I don't have to think about it now, it's not until 12/6/08. It will be a very difficult Fall/Winter -  9/14 our wedding anniversary, thanksgiving which she loved, her birthday then Christmas which she loved the most of all holidays. The only comfort I have is in knowing that these coming events cannot be worse than the day she died and her funeral.

georgiapeaches

• For mom, dad, Johnny & rock you left to soon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 05:02:26 PM »
My husbands birthday is on July 31, he would have been 45. I dont know how its gonna be, I know it will be really hard on my kids, especially my son whos birthday is 4 days before.  Lately I havent been able to get the image of him lying in bed when I found him out of my head so his birthday hasnt really hit me yet. Also my sons birthday was my fathers birthday, and my father died on his birthday , so thats a rough day in itself. I guess we just have to brace ourselves for these days and pray we get through them.
MOM                        JOHNNY

sonya_lonely

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 10:07:33 PM »
Hi...
Wish ur mom a very happy birthday i know i m late in reading ur post...i lost my mom dad recently i dont know how would it b on their birthday but i m going to make it special definately...
may ur mom find peace and my godd wishes are always with you dear...hugs,Sonya

Irene

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 10:31:42 AM »
Hi,

Sorry, that I am late in replying. My three teenagers are home for summer holidays,
and the likelihood of me spending much time on the computer now, is not very high.
On my mom's birthday, I planned to pick strawberries and enjoy them with my dad and brother, but that didn't happen as planned. Strawberries were one of my mom's favourite treats, and picking them around the time of her birthday was a tradition.
 What I did do, was go through her overgrown garden and slash and hoe till most of the weeds were gone. I then went to the gardening centre and planted some new colour in there. My dad is in a wheelchair and doesn't often get out(from home), but he sits out on the front deck, which overlooks this garden. He loves flowers and my mom always did, so in fixing up the garden, I felt that I was honouring my mom, and giving something for my dad to enjoy.
   Thank you to all of you for your replies.  In the first year, I just had to make it through the day, for any of those special days, but as time goes on I find that doing something to honour my mother, is almost like getting her a gift for her birthday and something that makes me feel better, than if I was to do nothing. I don't ever feel that she is completely away from me,