Author Topic: Illness After losing your child or children  (Read 11321 times)

Rebecca

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Illness After losing your child or children
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2008, 10:44:28 AM »
Good to hear from you again Carol.  I believe that we go through very rough periods in our new life.  While there was a time that you were more positive and able to see life in a different way, it comes as no surprise to me to see the other side because I have felt it too.  Some days I feel like after work I just want to go home and reach deep down into my infancy and curl up and give up.  I don't.  I let myself have my pitty party for as long as I need and then I go out and shop.  Shop for stupid stuff, little stuff or even just walk around the store.  Today I saw  a very good recipe and went to the store to buy some limes.   They were 59 cents each and I refused to pay it.  It was silly because I will waste  more gas going to another store but I feel like a person just walking around the store, aimlessly, not knowing what I want or where I am.  You will be back to u but it will take time.  It is good seeing Ross' face again.  I hope that you can once again let your hair down here and  feel the love and understanding we all have.
Rebecca Jason's Mom

carolzonie

• Ross Tyler Chapman 05/85 - 05/2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2008, 10:58:46 AM »
(((THANK YOU REBECCA)))  I think a lot of it is a midlife crisis, and i have started looking for a women in crisis online support group as well.  I found a life coach meeting group in phoenix that i hope to attend, hopefully that will help.   believe it or not, seeing that other women have gone through this time of their life, and embraced the changes has been helpful.  I swear, it's like someone flipped a switch in my head or something, and i'm trying to take the right steps to get my hormones balanced if i can and just GET BETTER all the way around somehow.  my hubby told me i'm "no fun" anymore, and boy is he right.  getting my physical health controlled is the first step.  i know what you mean about walking around a store and feeling"normal"...i like to dig around in second hand stores, and that always makes me feel better.  i need to get back into the gym too, as much as an effort as it seems when it's so hot, it's still a good thing to do for ME.  (((thanks again))) and i hope you find limes 10 for a dollar very soon! xoxox Carol, Ross' mom

Debh

• Forever Loved, Forever Missed, Never Forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2008, 11:50:52 AM »
Hi Carol,

You have way too much going on, sorry to hear this. Understand how hard it is and how your feeling. Its like another kick in the heart, sadness and grief hits hard when we are down will illness and for you the empty nest is coming and that is also very hard. Think of you and Ross often.

I am buying a computerized quilt embroidery machine tomorrow after my doc appt. Do you hand or machine quilt? My scrapbooking isn't going well with the fibromyalgia so hoping this sewing machine will work for me, I love to quilt also and haven't done it for many years, can't hand quilt anymore so trying the machine soon.

Take care of you Carol, hope you get some to feeling better.
Love
Deb

carolzonie

• Ross Tyler Chapman 05/85 - 05/2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 09:04:07 AM »
(((Hi Deb))) thanks for the note, I sure was sorry to see all you've gone through as well...it seems that even though we are programmed to go through this stuff, grief seems to magnify it a hundred times.  I did start with a therapist for some cognitive therapy (positive thinking), and hope it works for me.  i may go to a hypnotherapist as well who has a tinnitus retraining clinic to help you learn to quiet the noise in your head, or find a way to get used to it.  i think i'm going through a midlife crisis as well, no fun either...  as for the quilting, I occasionally hand quilt, but it takes forever.  When I machine quilt, I just "stitch in the ditch" (the seams) or hand tie every 5 inches with embroidery thread.   For most of my quilts though, I send them out to be done.  There's a lady who is very reasonable, and most of my quilts, including backing and batting, are under $100 to have someone else quilt them...so that's my preferred method.  I hope you have fun with your new toy though!  good luck!! xoxoxo  Carol, Ross' mom

Brenda Taylors Mom

• nospam
  • I miss you so much my "big tough guy"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.taylor-lewis.memory-of.com
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2008, 08:45:06 PM »
Hi Carol, it's so nice to see that handsome Ross,,  such a good looking boy :) . xo Brenda

LaVonne

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2008, 09:41:38 AM »
Carol:

It was good to see Roos's face again. I haven't been here for a while but I am like you sometimes where I want to move back home to be closer to family, But My grandchildren are here and I could not leave them. I miss my sister,and mother dearly and want to spend more time with them. My sister is only 3 hours away but there are times it seems I never see her. With gas and everything else don't have the time or money to go home.  Hugs  LaVonne.