Author Topic: My Mom's One Year Angel Date! Oh do I miss her  (Read 5595 times)

DianasMemory

• View Profile
My Mom's One Year Angel Date! Oh do I miss her
« on: June 03, 2008, 05:45:07 PM »
Wow, One year without Mom ---tomorrow is the day (JUNE 4, 2008).  I do not know what to feel numb. I miss her and need her.  I never imagined how to different my life would be one year later.  It's not terrible but it is DIFFERENT.  She is my best friend and has missed much of my accomplishes. . . this year.  I need her to talk to too hug. . .I miss my best friend and my true hero she showed dignity till the end. . .

Would she be proud? Does she know what I am trying to do? My son has sure had to grow up this last year without her.  She was his other half with me being a single mom. He is in a moderate to severe special day class.  He has severe autism although he is beginning to speak WORDS!

I'm going to release some balloons and bring her flowers Thursday as the cemetary cleans up on Thrusdays so it can be there a whole week.

I miss her hugs---she truly knew me and I hope as a parent I can know my son as well as she knew what I needed.

I also want to thank this site.  I found it the same day she passed away and it has been hear for me.  I may not always posts but I read as it centers me and truly helps me when I am in need.

I pray for all us daily.

Thanks and God Bless!

Stephanie

grainofsand

• nospam
  • Hard to let them go...
    • View Profile
Re: My Mom's One Year Angel Date! Oh do I miss her
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 06:06:50 PM »
Stephanie~
You indeed have the heart of a mother.  I know your Mom is very proud of you!
Since you have her goodness within you, she knew all along that you will always have your son's best interest at heart.

I hope you have a nice celebration of her life. 

I send you hugs, just in case you need one today.

Letter to Death: Death never looks back to see my tears or how difficult life has become now for me.
When death stops a heart, it doesn't understand that it beat with another.

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 06:24:46 PM »
Thinking of you tomorrow  on your mothers angel date.   Those days can be so painful.  I pray you will have good friends to help you through.

nancy lea

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 02:06:40 AM »
Best thoughts to you about this anniversary.  I pray to make it in one piece in a year.  You encourage me because you're there.  I miss my mom's hugs so bad.  I wish we could hug each other literally here.  I miss the hugs the most.  in love and prayer, nancy

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 04:41:03 AM »
Stephanie,

How are you doing today?   Take good care of yourself.  I always go to a spa for a pedi or facial   ;D on my moms angel date and then out to lunch with a friend after visiting the cemetary. 
You are not alone.

Lauren

Karen Paul

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • Chris Bascom Memorial
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 06:16:26 AM »
Stephanie - thinking of you on your mom's first angel date - so impossible to believe she has been gone a year I'm sure.. and all she has missed in your life and your son's life in that time.. but I think she knows and she is watching over you both - with you all the way..

Your plan for balloons and flowers sounds very nice.. I know she is so proud of you..

Keeping you in my heart.

luv and hugs, Karen
proud aunt of Christopher

DianasMemory

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 06:23:45 AM »
Thank you for all your replies ----I'm okay and with the grace of god will have an inspiring day.

Stephanie

sweetpea

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 03:53:09 PM »
Dear Stephanie ,

I know today you are missing your Mother more than ever, She has never left you!!! she is right there with you and your son . Keeping watch over both of you as you both embark on your daily lives.

"What Sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to Humanity. They are but trifles, to be sure, but scattered along life's pathway, the good they do is inconceivable.

"A Happy Heart makes the Face Cheerful. 

Sweetpea

ladybug13

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 12:38:45 AM »
Stephanie+
  She is with you always and remembers with you today and everyday! I believe there will be a day when  her life will be a cause to celebrate, that you will celebrate her and let her know how much happiness she brought to you. The grief will be the memory. I often wonder if my Mom is upset I am so sad and not remembering the magnificent 28 years we spent together. I feel sometimes like my Mom's legacy is only as good I live my life. I am what she left on this Earth and I owe it to her to make her proud. Maybe you are not to that point yet, but know your Mom is proud and wants you to be happy. It is hard to do but the more I let go the more the memories and Happy times come back. It will be awhile but one day I hope to smile instead of cry when I talk about her!! Wishing you a day of wonderful memories and peace  ;)...Jacque
In Loving Memory of My Mother LeeAnn!
Jacque (Ladybug13)