Author Topic: Valerie - My life has changed forever  (Read 4177 times)

Rebecca

• nospam
    • View Profile
Valerie - My life has changed forever
« on: December 11, 2006, 05:38:21 AM »
For some reason, at your post, there was no way for me to reply.  So, I decided to write a separate post.  I feel too that my life has changed forever.  Every waking moment I think and see Jason...the strange thing is that when he was alive, I didn't do that.  If I didn't hear from him for a couple of days, I'd call or ask my husband, but it was not painted on my forehead.  I miss him more and more each day.  yesterday, I had a meltdown and cried and cried.  I am here to talk and support you.
Rebecca, Jason's Mom

Valerie (Kyle's Mom)

• nospam
  • Christmas Eve 2005
    • View Profile
Re: Valerie - My life has changed forever
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 06:11:47 AM »
Thanks Rebecca for responding...I went back to preferences and I think the reply was enabled, I checked another box, and now I think there is a reply button below my post.

I am not on top of this yet...

I understand so well, same with Kyle, when our kis are out on their own we just get use to not hearing from them in a few days, just like my parents did, I guess...but then we call them and check of them like any good parent would, without being to noisey...lol  A very thin line in that area, don't you think.   But I am the same way, at first after his death, I pretended he is away in his apartment in Orlando, or back home in Arkansas, seeing his friends and just to busy to call me...but it's all soaking in more and more everyday, they say our body and mind does this right after a loved ones death to help us cope with their loss to survive.  The day I am able to get back to Arkansas to visit his grave for the first time since we buried him can be reality in true form.   I haven't ben able to put flowers on his grave, but have ben told that many of his friends continue to go there and keep his favorite orange flowers in the vase.  One friend' s mother asked her daughter that instead of the array of orange flowers, why not put some Christmas flowers out, her response was that Kyle wouldn't like Poinsettas, or any type of red flowers, he would want Orange, so that is what she did.  Very sweet and endearing.  I am here for you too Rebecca, it's just so tough for all of us...and my heart is heavy today.   I am trully sorry you had a bad day yesterday, but crying is part of healing I suppose, and it does zap our energy at the time.  Take Care!  Love, Val
Valerie R. Patton (Kyle Berry's Mom)
http://james-.memory-of.com

Valerie (Kyle's Mom)

• nospam
  • Christmas Eve 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 06:14:30 AM »
I noticed that the reply button on my new topic post is far to the right on the bottom,..Gawd,
who knows, I best get ready for work...Peace!  Val

Dottie (Tammie's Mom)

• Tammie (My Precious Daughter) 8-9-65/9-14-05
    • View Profile
    • Project Tammie
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 06:46:19 AM »
I understand and am so sorry for each of us struggling everyday without our precious kids.

I am also struggling with this new board, miss the old one.

Dottie Tammie's MOm

Valerie (Kyle's Mom)

• nospam
  • Christmas Eve 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 07:27:00 AM »
Dottie,

Thanks for posting,  and I know with Tammie being your one and only you have had the same thoughts, holding you close always...Love ya!  Valerie

faye

• nospam
  • Larry Brickman
    • View Profile
    • Larry & Nana
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 08:27:13 AM »
I couldn't reply either, and I thought it was my new glasses.  Val, you know that I feel your pain and that nothing is the same for me either.  We are on a horrible journey and I wish I could comfort you. Just know how much I care and I think about you every day.

leslie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 08:40:43 AM »
Our lives were forever changed the day our precious children left our lives. My live has since been divided into "before" and "after"....

Much love,

Leslie