Author Topic: Brother died!!!!  (Read 5264 times)

Grieving in Texas

• View Profile
Brother died!!!!
« on: March 17, 2008, 05:11:25 PM »
Hello all, my name is Charles, I have just received word that my brother has passed away, I don't know what to do anymore, my mom passed away last year, and I feel as though I am being buried alive in grief, my life was just starting to get back to normal after my mom had died and now this, I am all that is left of the original family, and I am alone now, no one else but me here, I just cannot think straight right now, I feel as though my life is being twisted inside out and just torn to shreds, I know that everyone dies but this is getting to the point where I am feeling lost, and I am very afraid of what comes next, the pain is getting to be unbearable, what can I do, I just do not know anymore.

Jparks

• My little brother. A perfect human being.
    • View Profile
Re: Brother died!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 11:32:16 AM »
I am so sorry for your loss. I know your grief and what it can do to you. It feels like you are sinking and will never get out. Be strong for your family, but also be aware of your own grief and your own feelings. In my opinion, the worst thing you can do to yourself is to try and be so strong, that you cover your own hurt. Let it out, express it and do not worry what people will think. It will become tolerable, even if sometimes its hard to see it. You will never forget the pain, nor will you "get over it". You just learn how to live your life with it and not around it. Again, I am very sorry and sympathetic/empathetic for your loss. Come here often. It really is a great support group.

KawfeeDrnkr

• View Profile
Re: Brother died!!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 07:21:07 PM »
Hi Charles,

I read your posts about your brother and his tragic death and I'm so sorry to hear about it. Losing a loved one hurts so badly and it does leave us feeling empty on the inside.  I couldn't imagine being so far away from my sister when she died, I was fortunate to be her caretaker until her death. I do have another sister who lives out of state and she is having a very difficult time with our sister's death; she wasn't able to attend our sisters funeral and it left her feeling more empty. I wish I could give her a big hug to help her but all I can do is keep calling her and staying in touch. I hope your sister has a good support system where she lives. You're right about this board, there are a lot people on here who care and understand. I do empathize with your loss and I hope you found the strength to get through the memorial service. I know there's a lot on your plate right now - along with coping with the loss there are many things to do to finalize it all. I have to go through my sisters stuff and pack and throw things away and that is so hard because memories of where we used to be floods in and I realize I won't have anymore in the future with her. It's such a difficult process to go through.

I just wanted you to know, I am praying for you and I wanted you to know I empathize with you & your sister's loss.