Author Topic: when I woke up  (Read 12942 times)

Shirl

• View Profile
Re: when I woke up
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2008, 09:15:18 AM »
Hi Sweetpea
You're soooo right...I've been needing a hug for quite some time now.
I like what you said..."the best fruit grows in the valleys".
Thanks for the prayer for my sister and myself.
One thing that gives me hope, is being able to come and express myself here. It sure does help.
Even though I don't say a lot yet in here...I am thinking and praying for all.
Shirl

sweetpea

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2008, 11:41:35 PM »
Hi Shirl, :D it doesn't  matter that you haven't found your voice to express how you feel yet, that doesn't really matter. Just as long as you have a place you can come to, and express whatever and whenever you feel like it is great.

" Happiness Keeps You Sweet,
                               Trials Keep You Strong,
                               Sorrows Keep You Human, 
                                Life Keeps You Humble,
                                Success Keeps You Glowing,
                                             But Only 
                                "GOD Keeps You GOING" 

Sending you, and yours prayers

Sweetpea  ;) ;) ;) ;)

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2008, 09:27:15 AM »
Amen sweetpea!   

Shirl,
We learn to express our feelings in our own time.   I'm glad you feel safe here. When you're ready we will listen.

Crushed

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2008, 11:42:37 AM »
Shirl: I come from a family that believes one should be able to handle anything by themselves and pull themselves up by their bootstraps so to speak. One does not air their problems and all of that poppycock.
My husband was yanked from me in an accident one afternoon on the way home from work and that was the end of life as I knew it.
I talked to my minister and to friends' and they were great listener's but really didn't have the training to help much. At great urging I went to a grief counselor with great doubt and an open mind. She gave me the tools I needed to learn how to begin this walk and acknowledge and work with all of the feelings that were running rampant through my head and heart.
My doctor helped me stop the mood swings , anxiety attacks, and the sleep problems that I had never had and that helped me settle down and focus on the work ahead.
I have a Stephens Minister from my church that I have been meeting with for 13 months now, and I love her. She is my sounding board and when I got to know her and trust her loyalty, I opened up and told her things I would not want to share with anyone I "know". More so than I did with the counselor, but in fairness I only went to her for 5 meetings and she thought the SM could help just as much.
All of this is to say that as I look back on the last 13 months, I am moving and have come along way. Do I have joy and laughter in my life. Yes. Do I still have days of great pain and misery. Absolutely! Will I always? I don't know. I have been grieving the last 47 years of my life, 43 married, and I don't think it is realistic to complete that in 13 months. I do know that the roller coaster I have been riding doesn't go as high or low and the twists and turns aren't as sharp. Everyday life is better and believe it or not there are a few things that I actually like about it.
Easter Sunday was the pits and I had a total meltdown in front of the extended family, the pain was so much I had to release it. So what! Sometimes a song on the radio or who knows what can trigger a crying spell. Maybe that will happen for the rest of my life. In between time, I will make it the best I can.
Please consider help. It and this wonderful place have been so helpful to me. Good luck.

sweetpea

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2008, 02:06:14 AM »
Hello Crushed,

Truer words were never spoken. I am so glad that you feel that this is a place of santuary you have fought such a long hard  battle and like so many of us we have so many to face.

I commend you on your strenght and courage,
 because it takes these two important thing to rise above the trials and tribulations of heartache and grief.

I myself know these roads so very well, having lost my brother last August of cancer then my Aunt December 15th my Uncle December 31st, and then my Beloved Mother-in-
law January 5th of this year.

Like you I realize that life has it's hills and valleys and in between those valleys there is laughter, joy, sunrises, sunsets, blooming flowers and the sweet songs of birds. This is LIFE and we have to make that best of it.

Forever sending payers to you, and Shirl 

Sweetpea

Crushed

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2008, 05:12:00 PM »
Thank you so very much.

Shirl

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2008, 01:00:09 PM »
Hi Crushed
First I'd like to say I'm so sorry for your loss.
And thank you for your words of kindness and understanding. There really are so many ups and downs. Songs, certain things I see when I'm out, or even when I'm just sitting here..things on T.V....anything, anywhere, can set you off.
I lost my mother when I was 15, Took me a while, but came to grips with it. So many relatives, (my Uncle just before Christmas, 2006) and close friends in between. So many good memories. I know it is part of life, but...well, you know.
And Sweetpea, that's a beautiful poem, I really enjoy it.
Shirl

sweetpea

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2008, 09:56:40 PM »
Hi Shirl,

Thank you so much!!! :) :), hope you are doing well today, tommorrow will be a better day for us all, including you too Crushed!! :) :)

Hugs Sweetpea :)