Author Topic: My first Birthday without my Mom  (Read 4102 times)

ladybug13

• View Profile
My first Birthday without my Mom
« on: March 14, 2008, 03:49:51 AM »
Today was my 28th birthday and the first without my Mom. It made me remember back about all the great parties as a kid my Mom throw. All the little goodie bags, pinata, matching plates, cups and napkins. And of course a homemade cake. She would always invite the whole class. She would always say it needs to be all the kids how would you feel if you didn't get an invitation. And then all the neighborhood kids too. Wow I miss those days, more now that my Mom is gone. She always loved rose bushes, so I bought another one to add to the ones already planted, in her memory I released ladybugs yesterday. She loved them. I feel like I needed to include her in my birthday. It is so wierd knowing I will never get another card or cake from her. More importantly I will never hear her say Happy Birthday and gosh my baby is getting old or be able to say thank you for being the reason I am celebrating this day!! I want to hear the story about the day I was born no one could tell it like my Mom! I am always late for everything never intentionally it is just part of me, but my Mom would always say you were two weeks late being born and now you are always late for everything. You live by your own clock and in your own time. O what the truth!! Well maybe I should say this is the first time my birthday is being celebrated here and in heaven! I know my Mom has a balloon and cake made for me up there. Until we celebrate together again, Love U Mom!...Your baby Jacque
In Loving Memory of My Mother LeeAnn!
Jacque (Ladybug13)

Karen Paul

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • Chris Bascom Memorial
Re: My first Birthday without my Mom
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 06:32:45 AM »
Happy Birthday Jacque!

So sorry your mom isn't here to celebrat with you.. the firsts are so hard and your birthday is no exception.. She sounds like a wonderful mom and you obviously are very close - so I betcha there is a celebration happening up in Heaven and your mom is saying, "that's my girl and I'm so proud of her"..

I think it is wonderful to include her in your birthday.. that is how we keep their memory alive..

big hugs on your birthday!
Karen
proud aunt of Christopher

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 10:23:30 AM »
Happy Birthday!!

Oh how my heart aches for you today.  Those birthdays are such reminders of our parents and how life was when we were kids.   I feel your pain.   
I have always said on here that after my mom died,  I felt so childlike,   cried out "I want my mom" more than I ever dreamed I would.     It does take us back to our childhood,  whether we are 28 or 36 when we loose her.

Im sorry mom isnt here.   But I hope you go celebrate YOU today.   Buy youself a bday cake.  Go out to a fancy restraunt.  Go out to a movie.  Go buy youself a  very special gift.   Go to the spa, plan a trip....do something to pamper yourself.   I think that after we loose someone we love,  we have the right to pamper ourselves even more on the holidays, bdays, anniv dates, etc.   Thats my rule I made up all by myself :D    It can be your rule too  ;)

A Very Happy Birthday Hug,

Lauren

sweetpea

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 12:24:31 AM »
Happy Birthday, Jacque   :) :)

I know that you might not feel like celebrating today, but you would do yourself a great dis-service if you don't. I know that your Mother is celebrating to the fullest, so please don't disappoint her!!

She wants you to be happy and to live your life to the fullest, keep those happy memories of her close to your heart, she will live forever in that special place only you and she can share.

Happy, Happy Birthday Jacque!!!! ;D ;D :) :D ;D 

Hugs, Sweetpea