Author Topic: Introducing ourselves -  (Read 2725 times)

Lisa Moody

• View Profile
    • Justice For Russell Boy
Introducing ourselves -
« on: February 20, 2008, 08:43:05 AM »
Hi my name is Lisa Moody.
I was born and raised in Kauai Hawaii. I have 5 boys and one girl.  Four grandchildren, and one on the way. I am married still to my husband of 20 years.  I love to sing, play outdoor sports, crafting and coordinating events.  I am the mother of Russell Alan Moody Jr.  who passed on July 14, 2006.
My children grew up in Hawaii and also here in the states. My family is pretty close as one can be and very loving. My children -Tony 29, Rock-o 28, Brandon 27, Kalani 26, Russell Boy 24 & Tasha 21.  Russell Boy was the youngest of the boys.

I have been in this forum for about 19 months now and have met such wonderful, caring people.
I just wanted to introduce myself again and thank all of you for your comfort and support through these very difficult times we go through each day.

When our Russell Boy left us it was the hardest thing to face and still is. As my family have been always close with each other we have grown apart for sometime now in our own ways. Trying to forget or just simply afraid of loving each other so much.

I think the most difficult part of losing the one's you love is a hestitation of do we keep loving one another as we always do?  This has become a very real issue in my family.  We don't argue or hate each other we just simply lost this touch of closeness and loving that we once felt when Russell boy was still here.  We are working on it though....  It is very hard.

I spent all my life raising my children to the best of my ability as a Mom and my husband did the same.
It's even harder when you have other siblings that feel such loss also.  I am greatful I have my children.  Our severe lost of Russell Boy has taken a toll on everyone of us in many different ways.
As moms we are always worried about what our children are doing or worried about the bills etc....
One thing I can't fix is their hearts and that hurts the most.
When our children were little it was always said that us as parents will always be there for them through thick or thin times and yet help them heal and make things all better.
We are still fighting obstacles and still going through a lot of changes we have to adjust to.

Sometmes as a parent we feel helpless because there is not a darn thing that you can do to be happy like we were once before.
The lost of Russell boy we know will take time and patience.  But everyday is a new venture for all of us.

I just wanted to chat a little and let you all know that this forum has not just been somewhere to just vent or cry...

But a healing place for me to give me strength each day.  I have not been through any counseling every since Russell boy passed not even took medicated drugs or drink.  I have been sober all this time and facing this as openly as I can. I have been here writting and letting it all out loud.  I also have a journal of Russell boy which that helps me through some very tough times.

I wouldn't say this is easy because it is not.  I just want you all to know that no matter what stages or people can say how bad our grief is.  I always find comfort here in this forum and telling my family about all the wonderful people I met in this forum.  They love to hear about it.

Well I just wanted to share myself and my family.   

Aloha,
Lisa

Lisa Moody - Russell Boys Mom
"Always Remembered - Never Forgotten"

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing ourselves -
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 06:08:56 PM »
Lisa,

Its exciting to hear such healing can take place with perfect strangers here at the board.    I am so very sorry for your loss.,  for everyones losses but am just very happy that we dont ever have to cry alone as long as we have this board.

Thank you for introducing yourself to us again.   

I have been to Mauii  and Honolulu twice and absolutely love the place.   I can not wait to return. 

Lauren

sweetpea

• View Profile
Re: Introducing ourselves -
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 03:31:13 AM »
Dear Lisa,

I want to say that you and your family, are in my thought and prayers. I have never lost a child, I can't even imagine how horrible it is for you!!!!! I have 3 sons, I would not even know what to do if one of them passed away. I know that your loss is great....and that your heart is heavy...but I also want you to know that as time goes on it will get easier.

I have lost my brother, an Aunt, Uncle, and my Mother- in-law within the last 6 months, so I know what it's like when you are suffering in pain. I want you to do something for me if you can.....

When you see the beautiful Hawaiian sun come up ....think of Russell.....
 When you you see the beautiful waves in the ocean ...think of Russell....
 When you feel the cool breeze of the ocean.... think of Russell.

He is always with you!!!! He lives within you, he has never left....

The spirit of Russell will always be with you, you can never lose that!!!! he is looking down on you and the rest of the family smiling, and glowing with the love he shares for all of you. He does not want any of you to wollow in sorrow of his passing, he wants you all to live your lives as he did ...to the fullest!!!! I am going to leave you with my favorite quote....

" LIFE IS NOT MEASURED BY THE NUMBER OF BREATHS WE TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE OUR BREATHS AWAY"........

I hope that you can find some comfort, please keep coming back to the boards we are here for you.  You are Not alone!!

Aloha,
 Sweetpea
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 03:46:44 AM by sweetpea »