Author Topic: I do love her  (Read 4755 times)

idunno

• View Profile
I do love her
« on: January 31, 2008, 11:31:51 AM »
I lost my older sister in a car accident 4 years ago.  I miss her so much, and I am ver sorry that the last time I saw her I did't say "I love you."  We never got along growing up, but the last time she came down to visit, we had a lot of fun, I used to always so "I love you" to her everytime we would say goodbye, but she never said it back, so this time I guess I figured she wouldn't say it back, so theres no pint in saying it.  This has been tugging at me since the day we got the call, why didn't I just say it to her.  I don't really have dought that she knew I loved her, but just the fact that I didn't say it bothers me.  I say it to all my friends and family everytime we leave eachother and I try and say more than once a day to people.  That saying that you never know what you got untill it's gone is so true, because growing up we faught all the time and I hated it when she was home cuz she got all the attention, but now I would give anything to have her back, even to fight with her again, and for her to hog the attention would be fine!  Thank you for listening to me, it's not often that you can talk so openly about the death of our loved ones and have people truely understand.  
Katty May

Landons Mom Shelly

• nospam
  • We love you Lan-Man
    • View Profile
Re: I do love her
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 05:27:14 PM »
I normally post in the "Child Loss" section but just read your post.  I'm sure most of us feel that same way, "Why didn't I say I love you, why didn't I give that last hug, why didn't I . . ." I sure have alot of "What if's" reeling through my head each and every day, some more than others and it's already been 8 months since I lost my son.  I hope over time you'll be able to realize that your sister knew and "Knows" that you love her and always will!

Thinking of you . . . God bless,

Landon's Mom forever,

Shelly
Landon's Mom forever,

Shelly

My Precious Little Landon -- Forever in our Hearts        http://landon-greenan.gonetoosoon.org
August 1, 1995 - June 1, 2007

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 06:54:24 AM »
Idunno,

I do think Landon's mom is right.. We all have those last words we wished we could have said.  But if we focus on them,  it would drive us crazy and maybe keep us in more pain.     
I think somehow our loved ones know we love them after they are gone.  I think they have some ability to peek into our lives from whereever they are,  and just know.    At least I like to think so. 

I too have many unspoken words that I wished I could have said to my mother.  But the one thing that gave me comfort was writing her letters after she died.  Then I just put them away in a shoe box or folder,   and one time I took one to her grave and left it there.    I like to beleive she knew what was said in all of my letters,  and now we are at peace in our relationship. 

May you also find peace,

Lauren

idunno

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 12:57:35 PM »
Thank you to both of you for replying a giving me advice.  I really take the things your guys say to heart because I know you know what you are talking about!
Katty May

saba

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 04:57:36 AM »
Lauren is so right, evn i like to blieve that my mother knows everythng that s happening to me that she s always looking at me lovng me wishng to help me reduce my pain hug me kiss me n do anythng to make me happy just like when she was here physically. i dispel all doubts reg this otherwise i realy wd not b abl to breathe for w/o Amma there can b no world for me.
saba