Author Topic: I Love & Miss My Sister  (Read 9771 times)

KawfeeDrnkr

• View Profile
I Love & Miss My Sister
« on: January 28, 2008, 10:23:50 PM »
I Love & Miss My Sister
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 01:04:06 PM by KawfeeDrnkr »

idunno

• View Profile
Re: I Love & Miss My Sister
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 02:21:01 PM »
WOW!  You are an amazing woman.  I lost my sister who was 7 years older than me in a car accident four years ago, so we have a little in common, but you are obviously older than me.  But that doesn't make it any easier.  Just to let you know, I'm sure you know but it never fully goes away, but I promise it gets a little easier.  But it's still hard for me, don't let oyurself not grieve though, because it will be harder in the long run, I took car of my mom and thought that I was fine for about two years and it is harder for me now to deal with some of the stuff.  I'm sorry to hear about your loss, but I haven't even met you and I can tell that you are an amazing person, and you have many jewels in hevan waiting for you, for all the wonderful things you have done.  Thank you for sharing your story.
Katty May

hummingbird

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 05:43:29 AM »
Hi
I'm so sorry for your loss of your sister.
As i read your post i had tears roll down my face, how amazing you got to spend that time with her, i know from reading your post it wasn't all good because of the pain she was in, but you have so many great memories, to know you done all you could to make what time she had left great no matter what.
I lost my big brother on 10th january 2007 aged 44, he had a heart attack, it was a total shock to every one as he was very fit and heathy, he swam in compertitions all the time and won over 400 medals.
He was are  gental giant, always there to help or fix things.
I didn't get to spend time with him  no one got to say goodbye, but i do have my memories and the last time we spent time together was the chistmas before he died and it was a great day with my mum dad my brother and my 2 children, i will hold this close to my heart forever.
I hope you find this site of some help to you, i know i have.
I envy the time you had with your sister,I  am so happy for you that you got to have that time together.
Take care
Hug Helen

Lonnie

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 04:08:23 AM »
What an amazing and touching story! May God bless you in the days to come, and I know He will bless you for the love you showed your sister. Come back often! Lonnie

Moni

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 07:47:58 AM »
 I just lost my sister who was my best friend to lung cancer metastisized to the brain on St. Patrick's day at the age of 48.When she was diagnosed , they said 4-6 months...she lasted 10 months. Backtracking abit...initially she was diagnosed at the tender age of 17 with end stage Hodgkins disease which is cancer of the lymphatic system. They removed her spleen, shot dye between her toes and gave her 25 maximum radiation treatments...alot stronger than today as well as they no longer remove the spleen. I came to find out that radiation never ever leaves the body and the studies on childhood cancer revealed that the type of lung cancer she had called "adenocarcinoma" stemmed from her prior treatments from back in the 70's. I'm glad I got to spend those extra 30 yrs with her and see her have a family etc. The thing that bothers me the most is that she had more radiation and chemo which destroyed her body so bad she looked like she was about 70 yrs old when she died.I know that if I were to be told I had cancer I would never let them do that to me. So sorry for your loss :(
You can visit her memorial site at newbielink:http://www.mem.com [nonactive]  under the name of Hirschler-Sonia
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 07:51:35 AM by Moni »

Moni

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 09:59:31 AM »

Do you feel like there is an empty feeling in the pit of your stomach and find it difficult to eat? Is this part of the normal grieving process? It has only been a little over a month since her passing, but this feeling in my stomach is dfficult to deal with. The only time I don't feel this way is when I'm sleeping.Thanks for taking the time to visit her memorial site.Does your sister have one that I can visit?All I know is that even when my dad passed I never felt this way.

Coco

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 10:01:39 AM »
Hi I loved reading your post.  I to lost my older brother to brain cancer.  He was 10 years older than me. (52)  We have a sister n between but was always not as close as us.  I admire how dedicated you were to your sister how lucky you both were to have these days together.  You will never feel like you didn't do everything in her power to sweeten her last days.  I do not know about you but it was very hard to got out of mind the last few times I visited my brother in Flroida and how he looked all slumpped over in his wheelchair.  Slowly that memory has faded a bit and know his wonderful smile comes up when I think of him.  Do you have other sibling?  Do you have parents?  Seeing my father having to bury his son almost killed me.  He still says to me that is not the way it was supposed to be I had my life......