Author Topic: I'm saddened By the lack of support  (Read 16259 times)

Brun~Jims~ mom

• nospam
  • Always Loved ~ Jim ~ Never Forgotten
    • View Profile
    • A Memorial To My Son
I'm saddened By the lack of support
« on: December 09, 2006, 02:08:43 AM »
Yesterday I had a very bad afternoon ! I had an episode similar to the days after Jim died. I was on my knees, I thought I was loosing my mind I was in such pain.
My eyes were swollen from the tears and my only hope was to post here and get some help.

I managed to post 2 times.......but NOT A SINGLE EMAIL OR CONTACT to reach out to me. I don't know if it's this new board, but instead of fighting amongst each other, this board should serve the purpose it has been set up to be.
I have always found love and comfort here but yesterday I felt very let down.

Johns Mom

• nospam
  • My "Bestest Boy"
    • View Profile
Re: I'm saddened By the lack of support
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 04:38:46 AM »
((((Brun)))) I am so sorry that no one responded to you yesterday..I too have had moments like that where I cried so hard that I thought I was losing my mind..this time of year is so very hard for all of us.  I fight to not think of all the bad memories of John dying before our eyes, all the months of watching him slip away a little more each day.  I liked the old board much better but this is all we have now so in time I'm sure we will all get used to it.  Thinking of you and your precious Jim...wishing you some peace & comfort...sending love & ((HUGS)) Pat..John's Mom

Louise

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 05:11:45 AM »
I'm so sorry i didn't see your post.Please know it wasn't intentional.Sending {{{HUGS}}}} and love to you.Love,Louise[keren's mom]

starynyte

(((((((((((((((((((BRUN)))))))))))))))))))))))
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 05:37:56 AM »
Dear Brun, I am so so sorry you had such a horrible day, AND that everyone missed your posts.

Another example of how SUBJECT SPECIFIC THREADS would serve us ALL better.
Tom and Dena have the ability to make these threads [sticky] so they stay at the top of the list. If we had one entitled [Need support ASAP! SUBJECT SPECIFIC THREAD] and it always showed at the top, and members only used it when they were going through something like you did yesterday, readers would see it right away and respond, rather than it getting burried (sorry for the use of this word, but it's appropriate) in the tons of other posts like "trying out a new picture" and calendar posts. Each post IS important, however a cry for help overrides anything else in my mind. I'm not sure if Tom or Dena have read my poll or posts about subject specific threads, but I will contact him personaly to ask him about considering this, so we can avoid people getting left out when they need this place the most.

I have to leave for work at 9 am today, but if your on yahoo and want to chat, I'm here for you.

Love you dear friend! I hope you have a MUCH MUCH better day today.
Cherri

Heidismom

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 05:48:18 AM »
I am sorry you were having such a hard time, and that there was no one that reached out to you.

I did not see your post either.  When I read your saddened post, I tried to find your past post.  I did, but only by clicking on your name and then 'show last posts by this person'.  Not that it willl help you yesterday, maybe next time by starting a new post and calling it HELP, RIGHT NOW, PLEASE, will get better results.

I have no help to offer on this one...This will be the first Christmas without Heidi...I'm still in avoidance mode.  At the same time, I know my pain, and know we are all in the same boat.   My hopes for peaceful moments are sent to all.

Pam

Ramona

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2006, 06:05:50 AM »
I am sorry that you are at that dark place again.  I too have been there lately and I am not sure why.  It is has been a long time for me since I have been in such pain.  This time of year is hard, almost feel harder than usual so many emotional stories on TV.  Everyone talking about emotional issues.  It is all out there or I am just seeing it more. 

A co-worker of my husband's found out she is dying from a brain tumor.  She told my husband she has accepted it and wanted to let him know she can't wait to meet our Tim!  Of course that made me cry and I am still crying, probably will cry all day long.  On one level I am happy to know that my Tim's strength in facing his death helped and still helps others on some level.  And yet, my mother's heart was thinking......I wish I could see my Tim too! 

I just plain oh miss him here in the physical sense with me.   And I know I always will.  Some days I am stronger than I could have ever imagine now that I am further down this journey and then those days come creeping back into my life.  When the tears just flow and my heart aches anew. 

Sending you much love and understanding.  We hurt because we love and still love them that much!!!!

Love to you, Ramona Tim's Mom

Valerie (Kyle's Mom)

• nospam
  • Christmas Eve 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2006, 06:22:44 AM »
 :(  I'm sorry Brun...I'm having a hard time following everything on here right now, but that's my fault, just haven't spent alot of time trying to figure it all out

I'm sorry their way not any support suring this hard time, I know how it feels when there isn't any support when you need it so bad right then.  I'm glad you made us aware of it, just sorry you had too! 

My heart and prayers are with you, and I will try harder to stay on top of things here on the board, nothing else is as important as everyone on here.  Much love and understanding..Valerie (Kyle's Mom)
Valerie R. Patton (Kyle Berry's Mom)
http://james-.memory-of.com

marzz

• nospam
  • Kelly I won't you back my beautiful girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2006, 06:37:04 AM »
Brun~Jims~ mom
I never saw you post until just now,
and I so sorry my heart goes out to you.
It will be 5 months tomorrow that i lost my 36year old daughter Kelly,
have painful time that you are having all the time.
I'm not very good a putting my feelings on paper, I'm a hopeless speller,
It's hard for me to write here but i read most of the post and it help me cope
sometimes.
To know that there's people her who care.
Hugs to you Marzz
Thank You Kelly For Being My Daughter.

Debh

• Forever Loved, Forever Missed, Never Forgotten
    • View Profile
Brun
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2006, 07:05:40 AM »
I am saddened by the support also, the board is certainly changing  and I miss those emails that your speaking of also. We are here and care just need time to get use to the change.

I am sorry you had a bad day and sorry it brought back those painful times for you.

I don't understand how replies work on this new board and I think there are many of us just reading right now, I don't think we can get them to come into our email like before I am still trying to figure that one out.

Thinking of you
Love
Deb

Paula (Adam's Brokenhearted Mama)

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2006, 07:09:27 AM »
I am having such a hard time understanding this new board. You were not intentionally ignored by me and I imagine by anyone else-I'm saddened to think that you felt that way.
I hope that you are having a better day today and know that there is much love and support here at the board from me and so many of the grieving parents.
Paula

Chy Scott's Mom

• Me
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2006, 08:05:48 AM »
I've been having troubles adapting to this new site and finding anything through the haze of my days (daze) has been selfish.  I hate your having a bad day with no one there that knows what that really means and entails.  I will try to adapt to this new envirionment that I dislike intensly.

CRCmom

• nospam
  • My precious child.
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Memorial Website
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2006, 08:57:00 AM »
I am so sorry as well.  Navigating this new board and trying to get used to it is frustrating.  I didn't even see your post from yesteday.  Don't ever think we don't love you and care!!!!! 
LOVE AND GRACE ON THE JOURNEY,
PAULA

Joanie -----> Adam's Mom

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2006, 09:19:05 AM »
I'm very sorry that happened to you and would have posted if I had seen your message.  I think that by the time I got online it must have been pushed down by other more recent posts.  Had it been me I would have also felt saddened if no one had responded.

I do like that idea about having a subject specific thread for people in need of help ASAP.  Also an important thread like that should have "sticky status" so that we can always see it!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 09:58:37 AM by Joanie -----> Adam's Mom »

Adam:  6/21/94 - 12/2/05
  ~~~Forever 11 years young in heaven~~~
                 I miss you, Pal

SueH

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2006, 09:34:09 AM »
Sorry for you that you felt you had no support. There have been many times I posted and had no support either.  I now have no expectations here at all. If I get support, great! If no support, that's ok too, at least I have a place to vent. Also.. it's important to know that not everyone can always be there to support you in your time of need. Although it would be nice to have that... it just doesn't always happen the way we would like.
Sue *Sara's* Mom
"yep yep yep"

Rebecca

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2006, 09:52:35 AM »
Brun:  I am so sorry for your unhappiness.  I went back to look for your post and could ot find it.  I think this new site will take some getting use to.  Hoping for better days for you. Our lives and losing our children is just a sad, sad, life.
Rebecca Jason's Mom