Author Topic: Your choice of escape *SUBJECT SPECIFIC THREAD*  (Read 11732 times)

Brun~Jims~ mom

• nospam
  • Always Loved ~ Jim ~ Never Forgotten
    • View Profile
    • A Memorial To My Son
Re: Your choice of escape *SUBJECT SPECIFIC THREAD*
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2006, 01:02:10 AM »
I cope with my grief on a daily basis by the way it affects me on that given day.
 On good days I tend to be productive in the house. Creative things to keep the mind busy. Not so good or bad days I seclude myself...spending time on the computer working with pictures, again creativity to occupy the mind.

I also found that being in and with nature helps me a lot to cope and get a grip and fresh outlook on life in general. I rarely use alcohol, being afraid of the affects it could produce, unless it's a glass of wine with a meal.

Rebecca

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2006, 11:09:06 AM »
I escape by working very hard during the day and coming home and having a drink or two or three, then take my sleeping pill, put my sleep apnea machine on and sleep.  I also kid myself that Jason is just away.  I am delusional at times...I eat way to much because the more I eat the more the hole closes for a little while.  I use to be a size 10.. now more than an l8. I want to lose weight but not badly enough to do something about it.  My husband loves me unconditionally so who cares about my weight, except me who finds it hard to love myself being so much overweight.  I use to smoke... will never go back so I think my vices and not too bad... I enjoy the alcohol feeling and I don't drive so I am safe. I applaud all of the responses and hope that if any of you want to change your habits, you will.
Peace to all of us.
Rebecca Jason's Mom

Brenda Taylors Mom

• nospam
  • I miss you so much my "big tough guy"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.taylor-lewis.memory-of.com
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2006, 04:04:56 PM »
My ways of escape change from time to time. Alcohol about once a month , and then I regret it the next day because it is a depressant. I smoke, did before and still do, hope to quit one day. I got into walking and it made me feel good but the weather got cold and I quit, the stairstepper just isnt the same to me. I gained a lot of weight in the second year, so food is an escape for me too. I sometimes do creative things like make slideshows with music/ i've had a lot of Tay's pictures made into large posters and framed them so they are all over the walls. My new escape now is a book and dvd I'm trying to follow along with on positive thinking, some days it works others I'm too down and out to care. Oh, also i'm trying meditating everyday and it's a good relaxant.

kelly777

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2006, 11:00:31 PM »
I lost my 15 year old son on1-8-03,, his name was Zack,ive been comming here since maybe march of that year,,ive had a struggle with pain killers for 16years,one month b4 I lost him,i had quit,well of course ive been back on them for 2years now,   my son was shot,bya "friend" who happened to be 37years old,I started to drink hard-very hard,,i tried to turn into traffic and kill myself,,i dont know how,but i always mad it back into my lane,i had made plans to get my dads gun and go hold the people hostagge that were there when it happened,,i also thought about  doing to the daughter what was done to my son,,so they would know my pain,,luckly i didnt do any of those,god and my son got me thru that mess,now i have a BEAUTIFUL  22month daughter,named emily,she has mine and my sons smile and his blue eyes and shes my angel,my sunshine,,,my only sunshine,,,yep,,im still on the pills,,just took 2 when istarted to read  everyones pain that is so much like mine,,almost 4years hes been gone,,seems like yesterday and a 100years ago at the same time..oo and i smoke like a chimmney and always will...........kelly