Author Topic: sudden loss of husband  (Read 21647 times)

Lonnie

Re: sudden loss of husband
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2008, 03:22:07 PM »
MeeMaw: Yes, you're right. So often one loss triggers the memories of another. And sometimes if we haven't grieved the previous one, it comes right back with a vengeance. I guess the body was made to express grief, and not suppress it, and that's why we have tears. Maybe the little ones will keep your mind off of some of the other problems. I am so sorry to hear about your son's separation, and hope that things will work out in the best way possible.  You take care of yourself, and write whenever you feel like it! Many hugs-Lonnie

AMI

• Lossof husband in 4/07
    • View Profile
Re: sudden loss of husband
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2008, 03:34:05 PM »
Hello girls, I see from reading the posts your Holiday feelings were spread thin like mine.  I too am close to all of you through facts, married 42 yrs,  he died suddenly last April 9th , would have turned 65 last Nov.  retirement just around the corner.  Our 43 Anniv will be in March. 
  I chose to leave the state and spend a week in California and a week in Washington  state, with my twin sons whom turned 40 the 29th.    We got through it.   There were very few tears, but a lot of  strained emotions, and confused feelings.  We made it through it but hes still a big part of our lives and always will.

The New Year will be better, because the wound is getting a tiny bit smaller.  I will deal with each day as it comes and now worry about things I cannot change.

The New Year to all of you.  AMI
AMI