Author Topic: Christmas  (Read 4026 times)

Irene

• nospam
    • View Profile
Christmas
« on: December 12, 2007, 08:22:42 AM »
Hi,
   This will be the third Christmas since my mother passed away suddenly in November, 2004. The other day, I went to the mall to get some items that my daughter had requested. I am not a mall shopper at the best of times, and at Christmas time, I do not like the crowded malls whatsoever.
  Anyway, I had the view of running in, getting what I wanted and dashing out. In front of me, I saw an older gentleman sitting at a booth and in front of him was an assortment of angels. I had started a tradition of buying an angel ornament in memory of my mom, after she passed away. If you gave a minimal donation at this booth to a Hospice Charity, you received an angel ornament. It was the perfect solution this Christmas and one that made me smile. My mom was always giving to charities, and she would have really appreciated that .  It wasn't planned that night, when I went into the mall,  but some things have a way of falling into place just the way that they should.

Irene

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 08:24:35 AM »
Sorry, the fourth Christmas. Obviously no math skills working this morning.

Lonnie

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 11:54:12 AM »
Irene: What a perfect solution, to have a beautiful reminder of your mom, and hospice also was blessed. Seems like it was meant to be! :) So glad to hear from you! Lonnie

Johnnyboysoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 08:17:46 PM »
Merry Christmas to you. Im  happy you experinced that mall trip what a thing to give ya a nice boost for christmas i love it. Nice talking to ya againg Take Care

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 11:58:02 AM »
Isn't God amazing?   How He ever so slyly takes over a situation just to give us the opportunity to help others in our own time of distress?   How He ever so slyly reminds us that others are in need as well.    I think you've just experienced the hand of God.   Congratulations.

A few weeks ago I was headed out the door to go to the dr,  to find out if I had melanoma,  feeling sorry for myself and how crummy 2007 has been.  Then I got a call about a coworkers lil 5 yr old who was in his last days of life.    My issue was nothing compared to what that family was going thru and is still going thru now that the little guy is gone.

I'm not saying missing your mom was a small issue.  You've heard me cry for 5 yrs about how I miss mine,  but I think when we are feeling our worst is the time we need to reach out to others,  when we have the energy and opportunities to do that. 

Hugs and I hope you have a very merry christmas. 

jazzgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 12:38:43 PM »
I agree with you LaurenE. They always say God works in myserious ways, but I don't believe that. I think if you are willing to open your heart and eyes to it, it is clear as day!!
Jazzgirl