Author Topic: Mark as Read  (Read 2862 times)

Rebecca

• nospam
    • View Profile
Mark as Read
« on: December 08, 2006, 01:33:30 PM »
Sometimes computer saavy people have a way of saying things that computer morons like me just don't understand, such as:
   The Mark as Read button enables registered members to mark all posts in this board as "read".  Now please....... what does this mean... I don't see where it shows me I have read a post... and another thing...I think there are so many reads to a post because sometimes I reread the post before I read the new post so that I know what the response is responding to...
   I don't have the time I wish I did to figure all this stuff out. At work I am swamped and when I get home I am so tired.  I do read and try to post so trying to figure all this out after a grueling day is too much for me. 

I so appreciate the lessons Cherri is giving and hope that you Cherri continue to teach us on here.
Thanks Tom for all you do with your team... this is no easy task.
Rebecca Jason's Mom

starynyte

Re: Mark as Read
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 02:41:09 PM »
Your welcome Rebecca, I just want everyone to be able to post, whether it be due to figuring out the new board or any other reason. Tonight I'm going to work on another illustration to help everyone post pictures, and will try to figure out the [mark as read doohickie thing too] Visuals work so much better for me than reading written instructions, so glad it has helped you.

Love & Peace Cherri

starynyte

Re: Mark as Read
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 05:54:14 PM »
Mark as Read button enables registered members to mark all posts in this board as "read".  Now please....... what does this mean... I don't see where it shows me I have read a post...

I read the help menu for that and it doesn't seem to make sense to me either. Now if we had the option to mark individual posts as read, that would make more sense.... it's odd that they have it set [mark ALL posts as read] that just serves no purpose in my mind.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help on this one.