Author Topic: 10 Questions for the Dalai Lama & a memory.....  (Read 1965 times)

Dena

• nospam
    • View Profile
10 Questions for the Dalai Lama & a memory.....
« on: November 30, 2007, 05:37:23 PM »
It is called "10 Questions for the Dalai Lama".  I find him quite fascinating - his serenity and calmness in the face of violence.  After watching it, Chuck brought up a memory of his own of Josh.

When Josh was 7 or 8, Chuck and his sister took Josh & Jenni to the Buffalo Science Museum because "something very special was happening".  Linda had a way of making everytime they spent together special.  At any rate, they went and met the Tibetan Monks.  Chuck said they were so friendly and happy and Josh was fascinated with them.  They invited my son to work on one of their intricate sand paintings and Josh (being the budding artist he was) was thrilled.  It was a very special day for them.  For whatever reason - I wasn't there.

They then told Josh that as soon as the painting was complete, it would be destroyed.  Why?  To emphasize that everything is temporary.  How true - and sadly prophetic it is.

Love,
Dena, Josh's Mom

Dena

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: 10 Questions for the Dalai Lama & a memory.....
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 06:15:41 AM »
I havent tried to focus on my breath yet - maybe that will help me as well! I find it all very interesting.

In the past I have said that I thought Josh had an "old soul" - maybe this was also his way of sending me a message?

I have been thinking of you and your handsome Nick!  I hope that the Dalai Lama's writings helped Nick.

Love,
Dena, Josh's Mom

Rebecca

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: 10 Questions for the Dalai Lama & a memory.....
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 08:43:18 AM »
I will have two full weeks of immobilization because of shoulder surgery and I will try to for a few minutes a day to focus on my breathing.  He is so correct.. impermeance of everything ... what is not... even tools break...
How is your grandchild... how about some pics?
Rebecca Jason's Mom