Author Topic: Today's a bad day  (Read 6975 times)

WendyRN

• nospam
    • View Profile
Today's a bad day
« on: November 21, 2007, 01:01:33 PM »
In the mail today, came the results of the autopsy/toxicology report.  My hands were shaking as I opened the envelope.  So very, very hard to read of his injuries.  I cannot remove from my mind's eye the vision of his ejection from his ATV and flying over the cliff.  His body . can't say more

Wendy, Keith's mom forever and ever and ever and ever.

John-Danielle Marie's Daddy

• nospam
  • Always Loving, Always Loved
    • View Profile
    • Danielle Marie's Memorial Website
Re: Today's a bad day
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 01:06:26 PM »
((((((((((WENDY)))))))))),
Sending you (((((HUGS))))) of comfort.
I am SO SORRY.

Take Care Dear Friend,

Wishing You Comfort & Peace along the “journey”,
John-Danielle Marie’s Daddy
1/4/95-2/20/06 (head trauma-motor vehicle accident)
http://danielle-marie-plourde.memory-of.com/
In Loving Memory Of Danielle-Marie
“Her friendship was an inspiration, her love a blessing”
Wishing You All Continuous Comfort & Peace,
John-Danielle Marie’s Daddy
1/4/95-2/20/06 (head trauma-motor vehicle accident)
“Her friendship was an inspiration, her love a blessing”

Jeanneb

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 01:09:35 PM »
Oh Wendy,

I'm just so sorry...there are no words to make this ok.  I do have such respect for you and several others who have read these reports.  For me, I saw enough at the accident site and enough from what the docs said once Philip was airlifted to the hospital...I couldn't go any further.

I want to say something that will help...yet I know nothing will.  You are not alone and I'm sending you a big hug and strength.

Love,
Jeanne
Philip's mom

DantesDad

• Love you Dante - see you soon
    • View Profile
    • Dante's tribute page
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 01:14:48 PM »
I am so sorry you have to be reminded like this.

Someone (just the other day) brought up the look on the surgeons face when he told us there was nothing else he could do for our son Dante.  I just started sobbing...

We are faced with this brutal reality every day, and then to be reminded in such harsh ways is like a blow to the heart.

I hope you find some peace today - somehow, some way.

Peace to us all...

Marty - Dante's Dad

sandy2

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 01:19:54 PM »
WENDY,im so sorry you are having such a painful day. wasnt even going to write today IM A MESS. but im going to go lay down & pray for qall of us, i never read SHANES AUS. REPORT. just couldnt do it. its been 166 days of pure **** today. lov ya thinking of you & your family.LOVE SANDY SHANES MOM.

Dena

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 06:56:07 PM »
(((((((((Wendy)))))))))

Wishing I could give you a real hug right now - I think you need it.  I am SO sorry.
I remember holding the tox report & autopsy report and thinking "is this all there is" and at the same time looking at it like it was a summary of my son. 

I felt the same way -picturing it happening and wanting to make it stop.  To see it all on paper is just awful.

Thinking of you and Keith.

Love,
Dena, Josh's Mom

Debh

• Forever Loved, Forever Missed, Never Forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 08:10:54 PM »
I am so sorry this is a bad day having to read this, visions are horrible along with what our mind can do  at times like this. Broken hearted all over again, its just so wrong all so wrong.

Love
deb

cathy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2007, 07:49:27 AM »
Oh Wendy, I am so very sorry. After Andrea's accident, I wanted to know every detail but once I did it made it worse. My heart aches with yours. Once again, I am truly sorry. (HUGS)

lainie

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • www.beheartstrings.com
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2007, 01:51:09 PM »
Hi Wendy, I know what you mean, exactly.  I needed to know and read everything at the beginning.  So very hard, those words.  I have those things in my filing cabinet and I've never looked at them again.  At the beginning there seems to be such a strong urge to know every detail, but then it is so hard to know at the same time.
I start work this week, and I'm feeling a lot better about it now.
-Thinking of you, Wendy,
-Elaine
My beautiful Brynn
Dec. 14/94 - Jan. 2/07

Dawson

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2007, 07:04:21 AM »
Wendy,
I too have felt and still feel the need to find out so many details. I am lucky I guess that I know my wounds will bleed again if I was to force the information in front of me. When I cross the tracks where the tragedy happened, I picture her in the crushed car in that ditch. Did she suffer? Did she cry? Scream? They were upside down, was there blood dripping out of her face. And then there are the more nasty questions about the relaxing of the bady. Did she regret her decision to sneak out? Did she cry for Daddy? Sh** this kind of thinking HURTS! I don't feel like I cause the questions to occur. I feel like they just happen. I begin to cry violoently when I get the image of her last heartbeat.
We all need each other here so much because I just know we are all asking questions like this.
Wendy, I will pray and ask God to give you peace.
Dawson - Macy's Daddy

Dottie (Tammie's Mom)

• Tammie (My Precious Daughter) 8-9-65/9-14-05
    • View Profile
    • Project Tammie
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2007, 07:58:57 AM »
I am so sorry. I know how very hard that is to do. I too felt I had to read the report on my daughter. It was so very painful.

Your in my thoughts,
Dottie Tammie's Mom

luckyladyb

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2007, 10:25:36 AM »
WendyRN
I am so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to open the envelope knowing inside is your child's autopsy/toxicology reports. It took us almost two weeks to open the envelope.
Our son died of a genetic heart disease. In an effort to help with research we supplied information and autopsy evidence (heart tissue) to doctors involved in research.
There were key things that had a huge impact on me when I read the reports. The words, "body bag", were the first.  My handsome son zipped in a body bag was so painful to read.  Then "gray shirt and blue underbriefs".  He was in bed when he died.
The records from the hospital had an ECG strip with a straight line showing that his heart was no longer beating.
This is just so hard to accept.

CRCmom

• nospam
  • My precious child.
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Memorial Website
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2007, 04:44:38 PM »
How sorry I am that you had to read all that.  The visions are horrific.

LOVE AND GRACE ON THE JOURNEY,
PAULA