Author Topic: I miss my Sister so much  (Read 15797 times)

as985

• View Profile
I miss my Sister so much
« on: November 07, 2007, 03:35:51 AM »
Hello-
I am new to this site. I miss my Sister more than anything. She passed away on 1/21/07 due to injuries from a car accident; she was 16 years old at the time :(. She was a passenger in the car, and the side she was sitting in took the brunt of the accident. My beautiful, intelligent, hilarious baby Sis died from blunt force injuries to her head. I am 9 years older than my Sis, so she really was my baby. She was the baby of our whole family (5 years younger than my youngest brother). I have 2 brothers that I am very close to, and love dearly, but she was my only Sis, and (as much as I love my brothers) I no longer have my Sissy to hang out with and do "girl stuff". Her birthday is next week, and she would be 17. I know her birthday will be very hard. It more than a week away, and I am already feeeling terrible. Thank you for reading this.

4Kayla

• In Loving Memory of my little sister
    • View Profile
Re: I miss my Sister so much
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 07:55:20 AM »
Our stories are very similar.  My sisters 18th birthday was just this past weekend.  Having it so close to her death, we're still somewhat in the denial phase that she's even gone.  We tried our best to honor her birthday, by doing favorite foods and some things we think she'd have liked.  It was still a very emotional day.  I caught myself thinking "I have to call Kayla today and wish her a Happy Birthday". 
It just isn't fair is it?  Deaths are hard enough in a family, but especially when it is someone so young.  I was so looking forward to the days when our age difference wouldn't matter anymore, and we'd be able to do more stuff together.   
Happy birthday to your sister, her first in heaven, and good luck to you and your family to get through it without too much pain.

Lonnie

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 01:16:18 PM »
as985-I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your beautiful baby sister. There are many wonderful people on this board, who have also lost siblings that meant the world to them. I am sure there will be many that will come along to share with you. I hope that you find healing and comfort here, as so many have. And join us on the main board as well whenever you'd like. Many prayers and hugs, Lonnie

hummingbird

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 04:41:31 PM »
Hi as985
 I am so so sorry for your loss.
I am the youngerst in my family, i lost my big brother to a sudden heart attack at the age of 44 on the 10th january 2007, it was such a shock to everyone that knew him as he was very fit never drank or smoked and swam in compertitions all the time winning over 400 medals.
He was a rock to the who family, helping everyone with every thing he could (carpinter n joiner by trade but he was a multi-tradesman).
I have had a very hard time coping with every day life.i have two children which have kept me going along with my partner john who has been a great help at helping pull me out of the dark places.
It is a path that is long hard and slow and we all take our own time and pace walking it.
My brothers b/day was in august and it was a very hard day for me, i just miss him so much i just wish i could have said how much i love him and to have been able to say  goodbye.
I have been getting help through conselling and this has helped loads along with this site everyone is great here, its a safe place and we all know so very well the hurt you are feeling inside that doesn't go away.
I hope you too can find some comfort here.
Keep thinking of the good and happy times together, i know i do and i am so very proud and honered to have know him for the time that i did.
My thoughts are with you
Take care lots of hugs Helen

betsy1486

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 03:56:49 AM »
i feel for you soo much! its a bit different for me, i'm the baby and my older sister passed. but still the same feelings are there. so many memories left behind... they'll never be forfotten. its hard, and seems like it will never get easier! somtimes life isn't fair but it happens for a reason... you have to find the 'silver lining'... ours is that my sister saved over 40 lives by being an organ donor... you really have to look at the bright side, however you can find it. i hope you feel better!!

Lonnie

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007, 01:40:37 PM »
4Kayla and betsy: I am so sorry for your losses also.  So much of our history is with our siblings. Lonnie

jazzgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2007, 08:10:43 PM »
Ain't that the truth. My brother and I were only 1 1/2 years and we were both at points in our lives where we were married with kids. He was having his friend look at properties to buy in our town 2 1/2 hrs. away from where he was living. I struggled with that for a long time on how things would have been if just would have waited and not killed himself. He could be living near me and we would be over each others houses all of the time. Just like old times. It had been a good 6 years that I had moved away. Part of me wondered if I hadn't moved away, would things have been different, but then I look at my beautiful family and say I would have never had them. I also feel awhile ago that my brother let me know in his own way that even if he had moved here, it wouldn't have been the way that I would have expected it to be because of all of his turmoil with his wife and his x-wife. I believe him. I truly believe everything happens for a reason. In my eyes, Jason was rescued!
jazzgirl

idunno

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 03:39:24 PM »
I am new to this too, I was actually looking for quotes for a class that I am in and this site popped up, it must have been for a reason, because I lost my older sister 4 years ago in a car accident.  She was 7 years older than me, I remember the first hollidays and birthday that she was gone and it was hard.  The hollidays are still hard, the pain never goes away, but I thik it subsides a little.  I'm sorry that you had to lose you baby sister. 
Katty May