Author Topic: Strange Happenings!  (Read 2521 times)

DianasMemory

• View Profile
Strange Happenings!
« on: October 05, 2007, 09:02:55 AM »
Mom passed away on June 4
Then the 4th of July
Moved on august 4th
Andy started school september 4th
I received scholarships from school October 4th

In other notes,  I'm forcing myself to make friends the first time in mylife I had always been comfortable with my mom, brother and son after leaving an abusive relationship.  In the last two months I have gone out with a group of people twice.  I have felt extremly uncomfortable but I liked it last night.  It feels wierd making connections but I know my mom would be proud that i am finally trying to make connections---

Stephanie

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Strange Happenings!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 10:04:16 AM »
And I am proud of you too!! 

It is hard sometimes to allow ourselves to become vulnerable by putting ourselves in social situations with friends, especially after being a victim of abuse.   I'm so glad you now have the strength to reach out and do this for yourself.   This is one of the best things you can do  to overcome that abuse bc it helps remind you that not all people are mean or untrustworthy.   

See, you're growing and getting stronger!!
Good job!!  Keep up the good work!!

lauren

Crushed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 01:14:11 PM »
Bravo and kudos to you!  I am so proud of you for taking these steps in your life. It is so very hard... but with practice it will get easier. Abuse is hard to put in the past and if the abuser took your self esteem it is harder. You are taking your power back and letting your abusers hold on you loosen and that takes great courage my friend. You will get stronger each time. You are making your mother proud! Get out there and live your life.

Lonnie

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 02:23:16 PM »
Stephanie: I was just writing a freelance article about how important relationships are to happiness at all stages of life. Friends can be a huge support system when times are rough, and emotionally it is wonderful to have a friend to confide in and relax with. I am so proud of you also. Hugs, Lonnie