Author Topic: Putting our dog to sleep  (Read 11875 times)

quint906

• Cory
    • View Profile
Re: Putting our dog to sleep
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2007, 07:19:26 AM »
Sue,

I'm so sorry you're going through this.  Like Dena said, Sara will be waiting for him with open arms.  I'm a cat person.  Our cat Coco is going to be 18 in January.  We got him when Cory was 13 so he was a big part of Cory's life.  I dread the day when Coco leaves me.  I have Oscar, Cory's cat, who gives me tremendous comfort on the days I find it hard to cope.  The loss of a pet is so close to a loss of a loved one.  They become our "children".

I'll keep you and Sara in my thoughts.

Jo (Cory's Mom)

hammy08

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2008, 09:37:04 AM »
I can understand where everyone is coming from now. We ( my family) just had to put our oldest dog, (Which for me was the first dog I have ever had), to sleep. He was diagonose with diabetes, and he was blind, deaf and was having trouble waking sometimes. On 7-29-08 he finally told us it was time for him to go. I wish he would have done it naturally but sometime they just need help. He was loved by everyone who walked into our house and everyone at the vet where he always had to visit for some reason, He was treated like a king there. I still am waiting for him to come home, last night I came down stairs to look for him. I never realize the impact he had on my life. Even tho he was blind he knew I was around, and that made me feel so good.  I have this confused feeling inside me that I don't have a clue how to deal with. Thanks for listening. Its going to be a long road ahead.

Paula, Tims Mom

• My buddy boy
    • View Profile
    • Now Sings My Soul!
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2008, 05:44:08 AM »
I am so sorry. It hit me so hard when Timmy's dog died 2 years ago. It was a loss  of a link to him, plus she was such a comfort to me and her fur soaked up so many of my tears in the last years we had grieving together without our boy- the last words I said to Dodger were "Go find Timmy" and I believe she did. Know that I care and understand how hard this must be.
((take care Sue))
Paula, Tims Mom

charlesafather

• Take A Good Look, Life Is Only A Blink.
    • View Profile
    • In My Sons Memory
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2008, 01:24:17 PM »
Love each moment We also have many pets I remember one puppy that had gotten parvo I had to stay up day and night giving him shots of meds and glucose he did make it through and now has 3 pups.
 prayers for your family

LaVonne

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2008, 02:51:08 AM »
Sue 

My dear friend, I am so sorry for all that you have to go thru. Please know i will hold you and your family close to heart. It is never easy no matter what. I will be thinking of you and know that now he will be with Sara. She will be waiting and what a reunion for them.  hugs and love  LaVonne