Author Topic: Bummer!  (Read 5777 times)

middle sis

• View Profile
Bummer!
« on: August 12, 2007, 09:10:44 AM »
I broke my foot yesterday.  :(  The ER doc told me its the one place you don't want to break, becuase it is difficult to heal. I will follow up with the orthopedic surgeon this week, to see if it will require surgery. But for now, I am not supposed to be up and around. I snuck in here while my husband ran an errand for me. hehe. Sorry if it takes me a few days to reply to you all. I will check in when I can.

Lonnie

Re: Bummer!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 12:24:19 PM »
Middle Sis: I am SO sorry, bless your heart! Let us know how you're doing, and keep sneaking back on the computer!  ;D LOL! Hugs-Lonnie

middle sis

• View Profile
Re: Bummer!...update
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 07:16:27 AM »
Seen the ortho doc this AM, no surgery.....yet. Will need to be in a cam walker boot, for 4 weeks minimun. Non weight bearing the entire 4wks. Ugh....how will I survive, I can't stand staying home all the time. It will take a total healing time of 8 -16 weeks. Another UGH!!! If it starts to heal after the 4 wks we will continue with the boot. If not, then it will be surgery. I am so bummed right now. Not what I was hoping to hear.

Lonnie

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 03:26:41 PM »
I will be praying for it to heal!!! How did you break it? I am SO sorry you are having to go through this also. No one can be off their feet that long in this busy world!  :o  Let's believe that it will heal without the surgery, and do the best you can to comply with the doctor's orders. I agree....UGH!!!!!!!!!!  >:(  >:(  >:(  Love, Lonnie

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 06:47:59 PM »
aww, middle sis,   I'm sorry.     I'll be thinking of you and praying for a speedy healing.    I wonder if you could get one of those scooters that you lay your leg on and push it around.     My friend couldnt bear weight on hers either and thats what she used.   She still worked full time with it ,  in a school where she was on her feet all the time.   it slowed her down but she somehow managed.   
Dont get discouraged.  Dont give up.  There may be some other options.

big hug,

lauren

middle sis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 07:21:36 PM »
I wish I could afford a scooter! I'd look pretty funny though....30yr old riding around on a motorized scooter. I am a full time pediatric nurse in a physicians office.The doc says I can go back to work when I feel up to it, but I have to sit down and keep my foot up. Which means I will be put at a desk, away from what I love doing...seeing those smiling and or screaming kids. They are my life, I love my job. Very few people get to say that, and I feel very fortunate. This sucks, at day four, I am already feeling depressed and worthless. I can't help out at home, my hubby and kids have to do it all. I hate to ask for help. I hate to see them do it all. I know it must be frustating for them as well. I used to be one of those super moms. I had everyone where they needed to be, picked up when they needed, cooked, cleaned.....well I'm sure you get the picture.  And while everyone else is telling me to enjoy the relaxation......I feel terrible about it. I feel so sad. I told my husband I wanted to go back to work on Monday, and he told me, not to even think about it, to get that idea out of my head. I need to stay home and heal. I understand what he is trying to say, but I feel miserable. He works second shift, so I spend the majority of the day with myself and the 3 kids. I need to get back in the routine of things, and I think I would feel better. I don't know, just feeling very lonely right now.

middle sis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 07:33:30 PM »
Lonnie,
forgot to add this in the last post. I had on those wedge flip flops, anyhow, I was in a hurry, and trying to get my car washed at home. I stepped on the hose, lost my balance, and rolled my left foot. I landed on my a**, and heard a pop. I knew it was broke. I couldn't walk. To top it all off, it was only 3 hours before my oldest and youngest bday party. What a way to celebrate! But thats my luck. I know it isnt' the most positive saying, but my brother used to say it all the time. If it wasn't for my bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. I hear him saying that to me right now and probably laughing at me too. I love him for that! He could always make me laugh, in good times and in bad