Author Topic: Living with a suicide  (Read 13799 times)

trae

• View Profile
Living with a suicide
« on: August 09, 2007, 07:20:35 PM »

No Time To Say Goodbye: Surviving the Suicide of a Loved One
recommended later in this thread--click to purchase from Amazon

Does anyone know of any books about dealing with the grief of suicide.  I lost my love to suicide 2 weeks ago and am having a hard time dealing with it and my anger.  I don't want to be angry, but I can't help it, then I feel guilty.  Sure would appreciate being sent in the right direction.  Thanks

Terri
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 12:48:11 PM by Tom »

Lonnie

Re: Living with a suicide
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 04:00:22 AM »
Trae: Try doing a search on Amazon.com Books. I typed in "suicide" and some different books came up. Many of the books on there you can even read excerpts! Hope this helps! Hugs-Lonnie

trae

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 10:01:19 AM »
Thanks Lonnie - Never thought of that, DUH.  You are a godsend.  Bless you
Terri

bearcub41

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 05:38:50 PM »
Hi,
I lost my brother to suicide almost 1 year ago.  I read My Son, My Son, but this is about the loss of a child, but you might find it helpful.  I also read one written by a wife who lost her husband.  I can't remember the name, but I got it form the local library.  I will look it up and get back to you.  I am so sorry for your loss and know that talking about it is the best thing in my experience.  You may be surprised at the number of people out there who have lost a loved one to suicide.
TH

bearcub41

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 05:47:44 PM »
Hi,
It's me again.  I think the book may have been : "No Time to Say Goodbye" by Carla Fine.  I know it was a book written by a woman who lost her husband.  I hope this helps.
Th

trae

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 06:13:08 PM »
Thank you so much TH.  I will immediately go look for it.  I cannot thank you enough.  I need it now more than ever.  Terri

Dori

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 06:52:45 PM »
Trae, I don't know any books, but I want to tell you I know how you are feeling.  I lost my Daddy to suicide in March.  I'm just now finding this site.  I hope to get to know some of you soon

lostmybrother

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 05:23:34 AM »
book on amazon called "dying to be free" is not very big, but very good. it helped my sister and me some.