Author Topic: I lost my baby sister  (Read 18635 times)

go4jenny

• View Profile
Re: I lost my baby sister
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2007, 08:02:48 AM »
Hey thanks everyone. We went to court monday and lost :(.... but we arn't done fighting for custody of her little boy, we did get visitation rights so atleast theirs that! We got to spend time with him yesterday for the first time since aug,04 it was nice. Kaleps next court date is the 25...cross your fingers for us, we want him to stay in prison the rest of his life!!!!

Lonnie

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2007, 08:17:48 PM »
Hi: Glad that you got visitation, and am praying that you get the justice you deserve for your sister and her baby. Let us know what happens. Many prayers and hugs-Lonnie

jazzgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2007, 07:00:38 AM »
What a beautiful poem.  Did she have another child?  You know I've learned that people deal with their sadness in different ways. Drugs, alcohol, being overly goofy, quick wild decisions.  My cousin just died last August from drug overdose. She had mixed her seizure medicine with cocaine and died from it. My brother died from suicide. I look at both of their deaths though like God had rescued them from their pain. My parents have this picture up of Jesus hugging a boy and all you can see is the back of the boys head tucked into Jesus' chest with his hands around him. The boy looks a lot like my brother from behind. Every since I saw that picture, I feel relieved that he and my cousin are no longer in any pain. 

I feel your pain when you talk about the dreams and secrets we are missing out on.  It hurts so bad when I start thinking about how my brother was looking for houses around our neighborhood to move too. We could have been close again and would have had so much fun and now that will never be. Now we just have to wait until we see them again in a larger kingdom.

God bless you and your family. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Jazzgirl

go4jenny

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2007, 04:25:18 PM »
Thankyou jazzgirl for you r prayers. My sister has a two year old son that she left behind and she was 26 weeks pregnant with a baby girl when she got killed. This has been absolutly the worst pain I have ever experienced, I cant imagine how you must have felt losing two family members. You said people deal with pain differently through drugs..ect, but I cant find a way past my own pain that wont make everyone around me suffer. I dont particularly believe in god, my kids do and thats ok, but I stopped believing a long time ago, I cant do drugs, never could drink, pills are not for me so whats the solution? To just die so that we are not in pain? There has got to be a better way, there has to be a way to get through the bad days so you can enjoy the good ones without all the things that hurt you and everyone you love. I am tryin to find my own solution and I am finding myself more lost than anything. How did you get yourself to just keep living when inside you are just feel dead?

hummingbird

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2007, 04:09:22 PM »
Hi Go4jenny,
I lost my brother in january this year due to a heart attack he was only 44. I miss him so much every day,I have hit rock bottom but i had to pick myself up for my children, and i know my brother wouldn't want me to be this unhappy
His death was such a shock to the whole family and have all delt with it in our own ways, i have found it so very hard, i too didn't want to take any pill but i started seeing a conseller and have found this very helpfull.
With all the doctors i have seen they have tried to push the antidepressants on me but my conseller thinks i have made the right chose not to take them and wanting to work my way through this.
It may not be the right thing for you but it might be worth giving it ago.
There is no quick fix to grife we all deal with it in our way and time and its
not always easy to find the best way for ourself,
Don't give up you mean so much to everyone around.
I don't believe in god either and i haven't for along time.
I know what you mean when you say about feeling dead inside but you have to live on for you sister for all the memories you have and that you can pass on to her son, do u really think she would want to end your lfe???
I don't think so, she would want you to live your life and enjoy it share your time with her son and your family they will all help you through the difficult times.
I will say it isn't easy and i have done some stupid things but i have to put my children first as i love them so dearly.
Heres a rope to pull yourself out of that endless pit, please take hold of it in your own time (but please at least try) pull yourself towards the light slowly thats where the love,happiness and great memories are, please don't miss out.
My thoughts are with you take care
lots of love and hugs
Helen

Lonnie

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2007, 07:05:19 PM »
Hi Go4Jenny: I am so sorry that you are going through such tough times, and I know that the loss of your sister and her baby has been devastating. And to know that her 2 year old son is without a mother is so painful. Please try to know that as time goes on, you will adapt somewhat, and somehow be able to live your life. You will never get over it, but you will somehow get through it, with lots of love and support from those who care for you. Don't be too hard on yourself, or expect too much too fast, as grief is a wild ride. I join in with your tears, :'( and wish I could say something that would comfort you. I will keep you in my heart, thoughts and prayers-Love, Lonnie

go4jenny

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2007, 05:19:38 AM »
Thankyou lonnie and hummingbird. It has been a stressfull week for my family, we are still waiting for him to be charged and that is just so hard, hurry up and wait...... I'm not sure it will make me sleep thru the night but I know i will feel like my sister had justice if they make him pay for what he did. I dont understand the laws and why they protect the criminal more than the victem but they truelly do. I hope that after it's all said and done that we are succesfull in making a more stict helmet law and a fair dui law where the state has a easier way to procecute offenders that drive while impaired. Did you know that a person in Kentucky can have five dui's in a five year span and still have their lisence? That is scarey. They should atleast have a special lisence plate on their car that tells other people to be caustous around that vehicle. Thankyou all for your kind words, you have helped me more than I can say.

Lonnie

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2007, 09:23:00 AM »
That is SO outrageous about the DUI's!!!!!! :o More and more people keep getting killed, as they just keep on drinking and driving! Something is so very wrong about our laws regarding drunk drivers. ::) I hope that you find the justice you need and deserve. Please keep us updated. I am very interested in what happens to him. Write often if you can. Hugs-Lonnie

middle sis

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2007, 01:32:43 PM »
Go4jenny,
I am so very sorry for the tragic loss of your sister and her unborn baby girl. How sad. And to see this man walk around and call it an "accident"  must make you fume! I know it makes me very mad to hear. I hope all works out with getting your nephew.
Take care
thinking of you tonight
middle sis

go4jenny

• View Profile
Re: I lost my baby sister....update
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2007, 06:27:03 AM »
I wanted to let everyone know that Kalep went before the circuit court for an indictment on his june 22 arrest. They did indict him and the commenwealth attorney gave him a P.F.O. so that added 20 years to his sentence. I was very pleased about that! They are still working on my sisters case but atleast he is behind bars where he will not be able to get behind the wheel and kill someone else nor can he sell drugs to our children. I am still having a hard time with her death. I spent some time with her son last week and he freaked me out. He too is having dreams about brandie. He is only two... but he told me his mommy picked him up and took to mcdonalds and got him some french fries and chicken nuggets, (which she did all the time when she was alive). It was weird but I feel like she is watching over him. Brandie was a live-by-the-moment kinda girl and she would just get up and do what she wanted on a whim no matter what time it was. So midnight runs to mcdonalds was normal for her and her son remembers. I am so happy about that! We still haven't got custody of him but we are still fighting. Atlaest we have the visitation with him on a regular basis. I am really thankfull for all of your kind words and support.

kelly37

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2007, 05:40:30 PM »
Go4Jenny,
I'm so glad to see he got what he deserved....maybe you'll be able to sleep better.  I sure hope so.  I lost my only brother 6 years ago in a motorcycle accident. He was the only one involved & he was dead at the scene. I never got to say good-bye to him either!  He left behind 2 daughters & a pregnant wife who delivered his son 3 weeks after his death.  We are still very close to his wife & kids which helps a lot.  We involve her in holidays & family get togethers as does she with us.  She has not re-married. 

Shortly after my brother died, my son who was 3 at the time, yelled as we were driving away from parents house "look mom there's Uncle Keith" & he was pointing to my mom on the front porch.  I slammed on my brakes & told my mom what he had said!  I truly believe kids are receptive to that.  So I'm sure your nephew is getting visits & being watched over by his mom!

Kelly

Dad & Keith,
Memories of you......I miss you both!
"Look Twice Save a Life"

go4jenny

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2007, 10:04:49 AM »
Man I got goose bumbs... It does make it feel better to know that she is watching him though. I do worry about him when he is with that evil women. I am sorry to hear about your brother, I hate motorcycles now and i'm told i'm being stupid cause it could have happened in any vehicle...I know that, but he was wearing a helmet and she was not, he is alive and she is not. Maybe she would have lived had it been his jaquar he was driving and not a crotch rocket. It's so nice when you can all get along for the sake of the kids so i'm glad you get to still be a family with his children. Hopefully it will always stay that way wether she remarries or not. Thanks for the comment! Jennifer

go4jen

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2008, 12:23:13 PM »
I just wanted to get on here again because we went to court again yesterday and it's over, they let him get away with murder thanks to the shively police department not doing there job and getting the "right" drug test. So he is out of jail running free as a bird after killing my sister and her daughter. Life is so unfair sometimes it just makes you wonder why all try so hard to be good people and live good lives when people like Kalep get away with doing these kinds of things...over and over. It still hurts everyday.