Author Topic: Brother's b-day  (Read 6725 times)

kelly37

• View Profile
Brother's b-day
« on: July 16, 2007, 12:26:21 PM »
"My brother would've turned 44 today but 6 years ago God took him away. He said his time on earth was done & 3 weeks later Jeni delivered his son"!  That was a few lines from a poem I wrote about my brother's death.  His b-day is today and he would be 44!  He left us a beautiful son that he never got to love, see, or hold.....He also left behind two daughters at the time he passed but he and his wife were also expecting their first son!  He wanted a son so bad to teach him everything he could about motorcycles!  My nephew will be 6 next week and no matter how many years come and go---the pain always surfaces a little more when the day is a special day! 

I think of all the great times we had.  He was 7 years older than me but he was my big brother! I felt safe with him around; no one was going to mess with his little sister.  Everyone knew my brother! He was the best mechanic anyone could ask for.  He would always have someone's motorcyle or car in his garage working on it and he was proud of his work!  He fixed my first car with an awesome speaker system and we drove around the whole day jamming to White Snake, Bon Jovi, Cinderella etc.. 8)...I was like this is so cool!  Everyone adored me for him. He has a special place in my heart.  I was always known as his little sister not by me and I could've cared less. 

Today brings back so many memories, tears and laughter all at the same time.  I know that he & dad are together watching over us "women" of the family (cuz that's all that's left) and they're riding their gold harley's around in the sky above!
Dad & Keith,
Memories of you......I miss you both!
"Look Twice Save a Life"

middle sis

• View Profile
Re: Brother's b-day
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 07:23:21 PM »
Kelly,
It sounds like you had a wonderful realtionship with your brohter. Hold those special memories close! I always felt my big brother to be my protector, no one could mess with me!
Share more of your poem when you feel comfortable. My brother and sister both wrote poetry, a skill I never had, and I love looking back and reading them.
I believe your brother and your dad are riding around on their cycles, circling around you all with thier love.
Take care

kelly37

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 10:50:53 AM »
Here's the rest of my poem   :)  We have so many memories of you, Not all so sweet but ever true.  You were wild and crazy a one and only, But now our lives are oh so lonely!  With thoughts of you tears still flow, You made us a family you'll never know.  You made us laugh and you made us cry, And to this day we wonder why.  Why did you have to go so soon? We look up at night and ask the moon.  We get no answers so we just pray, You're watching us from Heaven every day!

I did one for my dad and brother that started out: "Father & Son together again; 2 motorcycle riding men.  Death came to them in a similar way 5 years apart on a summer day".   That's how I vent sometimes is by writing things down, then it turns into something!   ::)   

The vision of my dad & brother riding circles around me on the harley's just makes me smile!  My grandpa died 8 months before my dad  :( (yes I lost 3 dear men to me in 5 years time) so I picture them all together---my dad & brother riding their bikes & my grandpa building a garage for them!   :)
Dad & Keith,
Memories of you......I miss you both!
"Look Twice Save a Life"

jazzgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 11:52:01 AM »
Kelly37,  I don't even know these 3 men, but from what you have said, I can picture them together and having the time of their lives up there waiting for their loved ones to join.

middle sis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 03:38:28 PM »
Both of those peoms are beautiful. What a wonderful way to express what you were feeling. :)