Author Topic: Thank you all - wrote a letter  (Read 3174 times)

CRCmom

• nospam
  • My precious child.
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Memorial Website
Thank you all - wrote a letter
« on: June 22, 2007, 06:47:19 AM »
Thank you all for all  your support and understanding in regard to Christian's graduation year.  I did write a letter to the school system to comment on the fact that not mentioning his name or putting in the program or something was hurtful and that in the future, they might want to consider doing something because graduating from high school is such a mile stone.  I hope that they respond and do something for those parents in the future so they don't have to feel what I felt. 

I am still stuggling, but this is our journey.  I feel so blessed to have all of you.

with much love and grace to each of you
LOVE AND GRACE ON THE JOURNEY,
PAULA

Wadesmom

• View Profile
Re: Thank you all - wrote a letter
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 09:06:41 AM »
CRCmom,

I'm so sorry that YOU were the one that had to write the school system about failing to mention your son at Graduation, and  failing to acknowledge your sons name in the Graduation program.  That also had to be difficult for you to deal with.
  I realize this doesn't take any of your pain away, but may you gain some consolation in knowing that you  possibly assisted and comforted another parent's  journey (down the road) by bringing this to the school  boards attention at this time.

We are blessed to have you too.

Wadesmom

lainie

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • www.beheartstrings.com
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 12:27:57 PM »
I'm so glad that you brought that to their attention.  I hope you get a letter back.  (Just putting my 2 cents worth in!)
Take care,
Truly, Elaine (Brynnie's mommy)
My beautiful Brynn
Dec. 14/94 - Jan. 2/07

Rebecca

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 10:07:23 AM »
I think you did absolutely the right thing by writing to the school.  If there is no answer from the principal then maybe you should contact the head of the school board.  These people should be made aware of how Christian your son was a vital part of the school and what should have been his high school graduation was not mentioned.  I bet his classmates felt his missed presence.
Rebecca Jason's Mom

Dottie (Tammie's Mom)

• Tammie (My Precious Daughter) 8-9-65/9-14-05
    • View Profile
    • Project Tammie
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 01:23:44 PM »
Glad you let them know how you felt about it. Hopefully they reply.

Dottie Tammie's Mom

Brenda Taylors Mom

• nospam
  • I miss you so much my "big tough guy"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.taylor-lewis.memory-of.com
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 03:44:28 PM »
I think you did the right thing.. they should have included Christian... Taylor would have graduated next year and I don't know whether to say something ahead of time or what... I had to push to have his picture put in the school annual the last year he attended.... I guess we do what we have to to keep our kids memory alive... even when it's so painful to do.. I'm sorry you had to write to them, but I hope they see how wrong they were.
Love
Brenda