Author Topic: 10 months today  (Read 6549 times)

Wadesmom

• View Profile
10 months today
« on: June 15, 2007, 01:04:30 PM »
 Ten months ago today my son died from injuries he sustained from a MVA.  Wade was entering his sophomore year in High school and was on his way to the first  day of fall sports practice.  (football)

Wade was the baby in my family, the youngest of our three children.  As you know and understand, our lives have been forever changed.  I miss my son 24/7 and I also  miss what we did on a daily basis with our son .

This is my first message on child loss,  so please forgive me for the errors and  forgive me  if I have posted in the wrong area.

I have a vast amount of respect and admiration for those of you who post on this website and You 'll never know how much you have assisted me on this journey, that no parent should ever have to take.  I have been viewing this website for the past 4 months on a daily basis.  The on- going support, encouragement, love  and assistance  that you give each other is tremendous and I could no longer remain viewing only.   I would like to thank you for being a continous source of strength and encouragement to me as I strive to place one foot in front of the other each day, even though I often feel like I'm slidding backwards.

Again, thank you

Wadesmom 

lainie

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • www.beheartstrings.com
Re: 10 months today
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 01:38:37 PM »
You are very welcome here.  My daughter was hit by a car in January, and I found this place shortly after.  The people here are amazing, you're right.  I am extremely sorry for your loss, and can truly say I know how it feels.  Please know that you have a place to express your feelings with those you know your pain.
I'll keep you in my thoughts.
Truly,  Elaine  (Brynnie's mommy)
My beautiful Brynn
Dec. 14/94 - Jan. 2/07

Katie--Adam's Mom

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 01:40:50 PM »
((((((WadesMom))))))),

I am so deeply sorry for your loss of your precious son Wade and so sorry that you had a need to find us, but glad that you have found comfort and support here.  As you know, this is a pain and anguish like no other.  I've received so much help from the other parents on this board over the past almost 4 years--talking really does make a difference I think.  I hope you will continue to read and to post as you feel comfortable doing so.  My son Adam, 19, was killed by a drunk driver on 7/4/03.  I miss him more than words can say but I know that you understand.

Keeping you and Wade in my thoughts.

Love and hugs,
Katie

alexcmom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 10:02:27 PM »
Dear Wadesmom, I too along with you have been coming here for a long time and just reading and receiving so much support and encouragement from everyone here. My son Alex's 10 month angel date will be the 27th of this month and I finally tried to post some on his birthday which was June 2. He would have been 12.I got more support from here and from my new friends at Compassionate Friends than I did from longtime friends and family.I think they really just didn't know what to do.Anyway I'm so sorry that we are missing our children and as you I am so very grateful for each and every one here for the support and advice.Just sorry that we have to be here for this reason.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Janet Alex's Proud Mom

Donnys Dad

• nospam
  • Donny At Football Hall of Fame, Another Great Trip
    • View Profile
    • Donny's Memorial Website
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 07:20:26 AM »
Wades Mom, I too am so sorry that you have to be here with us.  I lost my only Son, and baby of the family on June 13, 2004.  You have come to the right place.  Without this site I doubt I would of made it this far.

Here you can tell of your grief, your anger, loneliness and everything else.
Please keep coming back.
I Miss You So Much Buddy, My Best Friend, My Tiger

Don, Donny's Proud Dad

Jeanneb

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 08:17:23 AM »
Dear Wadesmom,

I am so very sorry you have to be here but so glad that you found us.  It is a very loving place and you are safe to let your heart out.

I lost my youngest at age 17 and it will be 4 years July 21.  He died from injuries from a MVA and was approaching his senior year in high school.

The most you can do is as you stated put one foot in front of the other, one minute at a time.  Don't worry about backsliding cause we all do it and imagine that will be a part of our lives for as long as we walk this earth.  There is not a day that goes by I don't miss my baby boy Philip.  Now, most days I think of him and can smile remembering some of the goofy things he did but it has taken quite some time to get where those memories bring more smiles than tears.  There are still days that I'm back to the day of the accident and standing on the roadside watching them take him away in the helicopter.

We are here for you and welcome getting to know your precious son.  If you ever have the need, don't hesitate to email me personally.

Love and hugs,
Jeanne

Wadesmom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2007, 08:41:25 AM »
Thank you for your responses, I sincerely appreciate each one.  I 've thought about each one of you that posts and I've kept you in my thoughts and prayers over the past 4 months. I feel fortunate that I found this website, yet as you've mentioned,  I'm so very sad as to why we're all here.  

My heart hurts for your  loss/losses also and I am  sorry that we share so very much in common, even though we "wish" we didn't.

Thank you for "welcoming me"  to the child loss site.  

Wadesmom

Debh

• Forever Loved, Forever Missed, Never Forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2007, 07:53:44 PM »
I am so sorry for the loss of your son Wade. I found this site after my nephew Cory committed suicide n 2002, my two Chads had died in 1996 in a car accident and those years I spent in counseling, ministers, medications and total depression, nothing was really helping me and I felt so alone, I  was slowly coming back into living when Cory took his life and I am so grateful that I found this site and as sorry I am any of us need this board I know the love and support here helps us all and glad you found us.

Fortunate we are that we have each other, so very unfortunate why we find each other. I hope in time when your ready you will share more about Wade and yourself. Its not easy, this is the hardest life to live without our children and together we find our way.

Love
Deb

Brenda(Jessica's Mom)

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • Jessica Kaiser
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2007, 09:19:59 PM »
((((Wadesmom)))) I am so sorry for your loss, but im glad you found this board.  I lost my first born at 16 in a MVA, 3 years ago this month. I wont say it gets easier, but you will learn to deal with this awful new life, this board has helped me tremendously. My thoughts are with you, post often and please take good care of yourself... i know it doesnt seem important right now, but do try. Sending you cyber-hugs. Brenda

Dottie (Tammie's Mom)

• Tammie (My Precious Daughter) 8-9-65/9-14-05
    • View Profile
    • Project Tammie
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007, 05:18:10 AM »
First I am so very sorry about your son Wade. We all understand the pain and the emptiness the loss of a child brings.

Your right this board is the most supportive group of kind caring people I have ever met. I would have never made it through the past 21 months without the support I found here.

Welcome to a group no one wants to be in,
Dottie Tammie's Mom

Dena

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2007, 12:23:39 PM »
((((((((((Wadesmom)))))))))) - I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious son, Wade. You have come to the right place, there is so much love and support here.

I lost my son, Josh, on 8/7/99 in a boating/drowning accident. This site has been my safe haven ever since. I hope it will become yours.

I hope you will share more about your wonderful Wade when you feel ready.

Hugs,
Dena, Josh's Mom

Karen Paul

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • Chris Bascom Memorial
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2007, 06:30:31 AM »
Wadesmom

I am so sorry to hear about your precious son.. but glad you have decided to post here.. there is much support and caring here.. I do hope you will find this a safe place to share whatever you are feeling.. knowing that you are understood with out explanations..

I lost my nephew Christopher in 2003 to  a drunk hit and run driver. Chris was just three weeks shy of his 17th birthday. He is the only child of my brother Brian and Amy (Chris' mom)... I have no children of my own (infertility).. so Chris is my parents' only grandchild.. we miss him beyond words..

This group has accepted me and allowed me to pour out my heart for the past 2+ years.. and it has been a lifeline when things get tough.. I have come to think of this group as extended family.. and hope you will too..

luv and hugs,
Karen
proud aunt of Christopher

Wadesmom

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2007, 09:49:08 AM »
Thanks to those of you who have posted the past few days also.
 My husband does not use the computer other then for our  business records. This weekend  I showed my husband the responses that I have received so far  and he just dropped his head because he really couldn't believe the online support and thoughtfulness displayed by your posts.   I relayed to him that even though I have never met any of you in person that the connection we share is real , heartbreaking , but very real and a comfort as well,  much like the support we wish our own families would display to us, yet how could our own families know  Unless they have had to take this journey?

So thank you for your warm welcome and your support.

Wadesmom