Author Topic: Stealing From The Cemetery  (Read 4582 times)

LuAnn

• Mel and Drake
    • View Profile
    • Mel and Drake live in my heart
Stealing From The Cemetery
« on: May 25, 2007, 06:48:31 PM »
May 8th was my grandson's 3rd angel date. He and my son share a grave and headstone. My grandson loved anything to do with JOhn Deere so I took two yellow rose bushes (the yellow and green represent John Deere) to the cemetery and planted them on either side of the headstone.

Last Sunday I felt the need to visit their grave and discovered that my rose bushes were gone. Have any of you experienced this? I was so angry. I hope Mel and Drake and Stevie B haunt whoever did this.

tysmama

• View Profile
    • Ty's Web Site
Re: Stealing From The Cemetery
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 08:52:58 PM »
I am so sorry to hear that you had such a horrible experience. So far all of the items that we have taken to Ty have remained or just been blown away. A family member did place a basket at Ty's accident site, there were several things attached that represent him. One was a Hummer Hot Wheel. It did come up missing a few weeks after Ty passed. I think I expected that though since the basket was placed at a public swimming area. I wish there were words and people were a little more respectful. I think most people think we place these items out there for our angels. I know that I take things for my own ease and comfort.

Sending hugs and support

Michelle

In Loving Memory "Boy Wonder"
Tylor Eugene Heath
April 3, 1992-May 21, 2006

lainie

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • www.beheartstrings.com
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 11:52:06 PM »
So sorry LuAnn, to hear about that.
Elaine (Brynn's Mom)
My beautiful Brynn
Dec. 14/94 - Jan. 2/07

Dena

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 05:58:20 AM »
LuAnn,

I think it is beyond cruel & despicable to steal from a grave.  You have to wonder how someone could sleep at night and do something so wrong.  Sadly, it happens all too often these days.  People just don't stop to think what it would do to another person.

Love,
Dena, Josh's Mom

Donnys Dad

• nospam
  • Donny At Football Hall of Fame, Another Great Trip
    • View Profile
    • Donny's Memorial Website
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 07:24:29 AM »
LuAnn, I am so sorry to hear that someone would steal from the grave site.  Even more disgusted.  How anyone could do that is beyone me.  I guess that we are lucky here.  I have many, many items at my Sons grave site and nothing has been touched in 3 years.  I even have a red rosebush there.  The reason being that 2 days before he left us he cut a red rose and said, "Dad, give this to Mom and tell her I love here".

I hope you will reconsider replanting the bushes and that miserable person leaves them alone.
I Miss You So Much Buddy, My Best Friend, My Tiger

Don, Donny's Proud Dad

MelissaCharliesMom

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 08:20:54 AM »
We have been very lucky. Living in a small town and having only one cemtery that is located next to a Main Rd. deters this sort of thing. We have tons of stuff at Charlies site placed there by us, family and lots of his friends and nothing has ever come up missing.
It is so sad and very wrong that you have to put up with such nonsense.
I am sorry you have had to deal with such an inconsiderate stranger.

momofwatsonx

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 09:17:11 AM »
I havent had any thing stollen from the cementary, but yesterday was Josh's one year so i took a metal cross and a bouquet of fresh flowers to the accident site, and drove by a few hours later and everthing was gone, they even took the cross....

i had a wooden cross out there it was big and the lady whos house it was in front of asked us to move it because it was a reminder of her dad who died like 6 months before josh accident so we did,  but i felt that the small metal cross was small enough that it wouldnt bother her and it would be ok.

my daughter went to the ladys house to see if she took the stuff but she didn.t answer
the door....

virgie

Jeanneb

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 11:51:49 AM »
Isn't horrible that people will steal anything!

You know this will bite them in the butt that is for sure.

Shaking my head,
Jeanne

laurasmom

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2007, 04:51:20 PM »
We had Laura buried in the same cemetary as my grandparents, which is a beautiful cemetary, although it is on the outskirts of the city (Baltimore).  Soon afterward we started having problems with things being stolen from her grave.  Now they have started closing the cemetary gates early, not only because of the stealing, but because prostitutes were bringing thier johns in there after dark.  It has improved things a lot, but I still am wondering if I should move her to where my dad is, even tough it's nowhere near as pretty a cemetary as the one where she is.  Some people just have no respect for anything anymore.
Lois
Lois, Laura's Mom

Marianne

• nospam
  • Alek's Mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 06:53:19 PM »
Dear LuAnn,

I am so sorry this happened.  In our cemetery they have really strict rules.  If someone plants something that isn't "allowed", they will remove it.  I would hope that they would phone you and let you know if it was them, but you never know.

I place little things near the flowers at Alek's grave.  Sometimes his friends take something as a momentum.  I expect it - so it doesn't bother me.  I would be really upset if some stranger just went around removing things from grave sites.

Hugs to you.
Marianne (Alek's Mom Forever)