Author Topic: Board Info/Merged Topics  (Read 203203 times)

jackiek

• View Profile
HELP ME PLEASE I AM BEGGING YOU ALL
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2009, 05:29:18 PM »
 >:( :(HELP ME PLEASE. I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE. I AM ALONE, NOONE IS HERE FOR ME IN PERSON. I HAVE NO FAMILY FRIENDS OR SPOUSE. MY FORMER THERAPIST DIDNT' EVEN CARE. HE WANTED ME TO KILL MYSELF. MY CURRENT THERAPIST IS SICKENED TO BE IN THE SAME PROFESSION AS SOMEONE WHO WANTED SOMEONE HURTING SO BAD THEY DID NOTHING AND ENCOURAGED THEM TO HURT THEMSELVES. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. MY LIVING SON DIDN'T KNOW HIS BROTHER AND MY MARRIAGE HAS BEEN OVER FOR YEARS. I AM INVISABLE .

HELP ME PLEASE

KYLE'S MAMA
JACKIEK

Adams Brokenhearted Mama

• View Profile
Re: HELP ME PLEASE I AM BEGGING YOU ALL
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2009, 05:50:16 PM »
Something doesn't sound right here sweetie. No therapist would encourage you to commit suicide. Perhaps in your emotional state the message was perceived incorrectly. No one is invisible. You are not invisible. Grief can make you feel very alone. It is hard work to commit to finding the right mental health professionals. How about going to Hospice Care Network, they are free and do really good grief counseling?
XO Love to all my sisters & brothers-in-grief XO
Wishing you all peaceful moments, signs from your Angels & many blessings

Rebecca

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2009, 06:11:29 PM »
U r crying out for help and the problem is that this is just a computer, we are people behind the screen but are not able to be there in the flesh for you.  Your last post sounded so desperate so my suggestion is that if you feel as badly as you write, you get yourself to a hospital and get admitted for immediate psyciatric help.  Life is bleak without our children but we all somehow, survive or there would be no parents left behind to remember our beautiful children.  Paula said it well, something doesn't sound right...I too cannot imagine a therapist suggesting suicide, but I can well understand someone hearing something completely different than that which was said.  If you have not been taking meds that are perscribed for you then your whole mental state is out of wack.  We all are grieving but those with additional mental issues cannot see clearly because of them.  We will write to you, we will keep in touch with you, but the bottom line is that we are fingers across keyboards and the real help is with a therapist or in a hospital.  If you take my advice, and once meds, etc. are stabilized, you will see everything in a different way.
Please consider other avenues.
Rebecca Jason's Mom

charlesafather

• Take A Good Look, Life Is Only A Blink.
    • View Profile
    • In My Sons Memory
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2009, 09:02:55 PM »
Jakie; know we care, but as rebecca said we are only on a computer we are people reaching out ourselves and offering our words, insperation and telling of our experances. you may find yourself a church there are people who care and you can develope good friends, also chech with your local hospitals there are a lot that offer fre councling services. i also read the yellow pages for different recorcesand most or at least our phone book has a goverment section that is a great place to find help in all aera' of ned. I pray you recive the friends and help yu ned in your difficult time.

my thoughts and prayers/charlesafather
i will be your friend.

http://www.freewebs.com/afathersson/

Dena

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2009, 03:15:45 AM »
Jackie,

We all care here very much about you.  Please go to the nearest hospital so that they can help you. We can listen, but we can't provide the support & help you need right now and they can.  Therapists are there to provide help - maybe you heard him/her wrong.

Please keep in touch & let us know how you are.

Love,
Dena, Josh's Mom

Rebecca

• nospam
    • View Profile
Board Info/Merged Topics
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2009, 06:52:34 PM »
Did Tom give any insight about Paula and her situation.  Her latest is that her daughter was beaten up and did THC and heroin.  I am curious what his opinion as to how to address her posts is.  Thanks
Rebecca Jason's Mom
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 03:20:28 PM by Terry »

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
Chat Room is Open
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2009, 12:43:43 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://webhealing.com/forums/chat

Some of you will be able to access it with the button/chat icon on top of this page also.   It depends on what format you are using.  If you see a "Chat" button,  you are probably using the format called SMF.   If you dont see a chat button and only see an x, then you are using something else.   

If you want to try a new format,  or if you want to find out which format you are using,  here is how.

1. At the top of this page,  there are several buttons...  home, help,  search, admin, profile, calendar, logout.   
there is a button that says "profile".  Click on it.

2.  To the left,  there is a box that says Profile Info   and one that says Modify Profile.   

3.  Under Modify Profile, there is a sentence that says Look and Layout.  Click on that.

4.  You will see the word Current Theme in your profile box...  it will tell you which theme you are using  (for example,   mine says "Forum or  Board  Default)
 then there is the word "change" next to it.

5.   If you click on the word,   "change" ,  it will open up and list some options.   

6. On  SMF  "use this theme" click on it.  and then down at the bottem it will say "Change profile". 

This SMF format will  give you a chat room button to click on.  If you dont like this format,  then you can always use the link I provided at the top of this message and go back to the format you were using before.  Personally, I am an old dog who still likes the Forum or Board Default. 

If you need help,  send me  or Tom a private message.   

Tom

• Administrator
    • apples are good and are good for you too
    • View Profile
    • Crisis, Grief and Healing
Re: Chat Room is Open
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2009, 11:17:21 AM »
The chat is now ""officially" open.  Lauren was a bit ahead of the curve but now it has been configured and the icon is in pace in the navigation bar at the top of the page.  Make sure you log onto the forums first and as soon as y ou are logged on click the chat icon and you will either go to the chat or be asked for a username password.  Enter the same username password you use to get onto the board you should be taken to the chat.  Use this thread to report problems and we will work them out as we go.

Tom

« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 11:20:24 AM by Tom »
Tom's New EBook and paperback

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: BOARD GUIDELINES
« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2009, 05:15:25 PM »
*to be revised by the members*

« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 12:33:14 PM by Terry »

Sabrina66

• View Profile
Re: Tutorial - How to Use the Board Features
« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2009, 08:49:01 AM »
How do I set up a profile of my daughter who was murdered?

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Tutorial - How to Use the Board Features
« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2009, 05:48:24 PM »
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your precious daughter. Please visit the Child Loss Board when you are able and introduce yourself. You will receive a lot of support.

This is the link to the 'Tutorials" on How-To's for every area of the Board, including pictures, and hope it helps.

http://webhealing.com/forums/index.php/topic,16.0.html

My Love,
Terry
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 07:07:25 PM by Terry »

speedy1

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 13, 2010, 07:32:03 PM »
I'm really new to this. First time for me. My husband committed sucide on July 29 of this year, my mom died unexpectly on March 14th. my youngest daughter was killed Friday May 7th , I don't think I can do this much longer

Tom

• Administrator
    • apples are good and are good for you too
    • View Profile
    • Crisis, Grief and Healing
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2010, 07:26:57 AM »
Hi Speedy -  Sounds like you have been inundated with loss.  Grief tends to be cumulative and can overwhelm us when we get too much.  You might want to start a thread on the main board.  Tell us your story.  Welcome.

Tom
Tom's New EBook and paperback

Dena

• nospam
    • View Profile
Board Info/Merged Topics
« Reply #88 on: May 27, 2010, 10:32:22 AM »
Hi Everyone,

As of today, we are going to make a change in moderators. Terry will be taking over as moderator for the child loss board.  I feel very confident that she will be a great source of support for everyone here.

I did a great deal of soul searching and came to realize that I cannot devote the amount to the board that is needed due to personal and career issues. My life has become so hectic!  But it is a good hectic - it keeps me busy.

I am so grateful to Tom and everyone here for the opportunity to moderate for as long as I have!  It has been a healing experience! Thank you for all of your support over the years!

Love,
Dena, Josh's Mom
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 03:21:29 PM by Terry »

Dena

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Moderator Changes....
« Reply #89 on: May 27, 2010, 10:57:27 AM »
(((Judy)))

Thank you!  I will still visit as often as I can!  You & Dougie are always close in my heart - as are all the parents & their Angels here!

Love,
Dena, Josh's Mom