Author Topic: Board Info/Merged Topics  (Read 203204 times)

MelissaCharliesMom

• View Profile
Re: BOARD GUIDELINES
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2007, 07:50:29 AM »
Thanks for bumping this up though I am not sure if board gudelines have anything to do with having a mature, respectful conversation in which a group of adults are willing to share their thoughts, feelings and beliefs.

IANSMOM

• View Profile
Re: Calendar
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2007, 08:26:53 PM »
Tom,
 I am Ian's mom I havent had any luck with this new web sight .
It wont let me post or put a photo on the sight.
it says my file is full?????????
I havent been here in at least a year. could you help me?

JONBOYS MOM

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Setting up times to chat
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2007, 11:29:50 AM »
TOM

I AM HERE TO HELP TOO!!

Im on line all day from 7:00 to 5:00   would love to help my friends in need, and they can help me as well.. thanks

Jonboys mom
Donna

Dawson

Re: Tutorial - How to Use the Board Features
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2007, 03:14:15 PM »
I have heard of photobucket.com. I will be able to figure that out. I am sure that you need to do a copy and paste thing from that site. BUT. If I copy the file/code, where do I go to on this site to paste. Or does photobucket do that for you if you give them the www address?

luckyladyb

Re: Tutorial - How to Use the Board Features
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2007, 07:32:04 PM »
This is actually from a post that someone else did but you may find the info helpful:

• First, go to photobucket.com and open up a photo album for yourself.
    Second, upload your pictures to that photo album.
    Third, Look at your photo album. There are three choices for posting. You want to copy the information labeled IMG Code.
    Finally, go to your profile on webhealing. On the left choose Forum Profile Information. Then go down to the Signature box and paste the IMG code in there.
    You now should have pictures at the bottom of your post.  Good Luck!

Annette

• nospam
  • Michael, my beloved first son, I miss you so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2007, 02:17:54 PM »
I have an idea. Perhaps some of us can volunteer to be in the chat room every evening at a certain time. The schedule can be posted. People will start to get used to the schedule and it could become a source of support. I know that most evenings and weekends, I cry and cry and feel soooooooooo alone. I don't know where to turn. I would be willing to host a chat (by sitting in the chat room and welcoming everyone) at least one hour a week. I live in the Pacific Time Zone, and 6 pm Pacific time would work for me, or even later.....

Love,
Annette
Michael's Mom
Michael's Mom
12-13-82 - 5-14-07

Trevor & Michael 2004 Age3

Annette

• nospam
    • View Profile
Board Info/Merged Topics
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2007, 12:32:12 PM »
I tried to post my son, Michael's, birthday for December 13 and it went on today's date. Can't figure out how to fix it.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 03:29:40 PM by Terry »
Michael's Mom
12-13-82 - 5-14-07

Brenda Taylors Mom

• nospam
  • I miss you so much my "big tough guy"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.taylor-lewis.memory-of.com
Board Info/Merged Topics
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2007, 02:03:17 AM »
I will never intentionally hurt anyone here, we have been hurt enough for many lifetimes.. I just come for comfort, to give comfort and to be part of this family that I believe our children are part of... I love you all and if I have ever ever said anything to offend or hurt I am so so deeply sorry.
Love
Bremda
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 03:17:17 PM by Terry »

KitchenWitch

• View Profile
Board Info/Merged Topics (GL)
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2007, 11:56:08 PM »
     Thank you and Congratulations!  This is the first Grief Board that I have come across that truly embodies my feelings.  To all who have posted before me, I do understand your pain.  I also understand your frustration at some of the insensitive words that we hear/read.
     In my case, my 23 year old son was in a car accident with 2 other young men.  All 3 were killed.  The local newspaper ran the story on the front page the next afternoon.  That same evening they called me to ask if I had a recent picture of Vince and if I did, would I please bring it to the funeral home so they could pick it up and run it with the obituary.  They did the same with the other 2 families.  What they said was true.  All 3 pictures were indeed placed with the obituraries; but can you imagine our horror and shock when we first saw the morning paper and all 3 of their pictures were Front Page with the headline "3 Men Killed In Accident, Alcohol Suspected"!  
     To add insult to injury, when I called Vince's father (he had not seen him for 19 years but lived only 3 1/2 hours away) to let him know that his son had died, he had the nerve to ask me if I thought it was necessary for him to come to the funeral home or would sending flowers be enough! ???  You think that was bad!  Hold on to your hats!  He then told me he had a son (as if Vince was not his son) about to turn 16 and get his driver's license, and if it wouldn't be too much trouble, would I please send him a newspaper so he could use it as a training tool! :o (Needless to say, I had some very choice words to say to the (man?) that fathered my son, never paid one cent of child support, and then spoke the unspeakable to me! ;))
     After the funeral and all of my friends had left me (you all know about that), I was left alone at home.  I knew that 2 of the young men had died instantly because the paper said so, but I was unsure of how quickly Vince's death had come.  I was crazed  ::) so I called the Coroner and asked him.  Now, in retrospect, simple kindness would have had the gentleman just tell me what I needed to hear; but NO, instead he said, "Well, it took me about 25 minutes to get to the scene, and he was dead when I got there, he then described in vivid detail how he had found my son's body, there would be no way for me to give you an accurate time."
     As to your views on religion, I so respect what you have done here.  It is exactly what I have tried to implement in the local funeral homes but they all shy away from it.  They all want to stay with the traditional Christian God as their method of After-Care for the families.  The Funeral Directors have all shunned me when I have tried to explain that there are people that actually lose their faith during this time and they are the ones that need the most comfort.  They are the ones that feel they have nothing.
     For me it has been 14 years (and just yesterday) since the loss of Vince.  Thank you so much for the work you are doing here.  Blessed Be ~Donna
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 03:28:27 PM by Terry »

inwinterbleeding

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2008, 12:06:22 PM »
I could do one as well.  Maybe we can drum up some other guys around here to take part... or maybe partners of those of you who do post on the board.  I'm in the central zone 9 or 10ish would be best for me at nite

will z.

Missygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2008, 03:17:48 PM »
i recently lost my youngest son of 25 to a hit and run driver. It has been two since his tragic death. I know that I am not alone in this world to loose a child no matter what age in a tragic death. All the same, as my heart goes out to their families, my heart is grieving the lost of my son. His life just started to change for the better and now it is gone. Too many times we take each day for granted and we never know when we will ever meet again, we just assume we all will. It is a bittersweet pill to take when you loose one of your own and it is harder when you are the parent burying your son or daughter.

WendyRN

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2008, 08:41:19 PM »
Missygirl, I'm very sorry to hear of the tragic passing of your youngest son.  Children shouldn't leave this earth before their parents.  But it happens far too often as this board attests.  I hope coming here and pouring your heart out when you feel like it will help a little.  Even just reading and knowing you are not alone has  been so helpful to me.  My 21 year old son, Keith, has been gone from me since August 5, 2007.  Still so hard to believe. 

Wendy, Keith's mom

Annette

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2008, 04:02:53 PM »
Wendy and Missygirl, I'm so sorry for the loss of your sons. I lost my son, Michael, too, last year in May. It's so very painful. I'm happy this board is here, even if I'm not quite sure what to do with it.

Love,
Annette
Michael's Mom
12-13-82 - 5-14-07

janiebeth

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2008, 04:27:23 PM »
I just came from the chat room and was very disappointed that there are no occupants. Any evening, I think, would be a good time. Let's try just jumping in and hoping for someone to be there.

jamies mum

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2008, 02:05:44 PM »
hi i have just joined my name is wendy ilost my son jamie nearly five years ago to a hit and run i would love to talk to others in same situation the boy who killed me son was only 14 himself on a stolon moterbike its been 4 years and every day just seems like the last im sorry for all that have been though the same i hope to hear from people soon  and god bless