Author Topic: Is this strange???  (Read 5384 times)

Sad Eyes

• View Profile
Is this strange???
« on: May 15, 2007, 06:59:49 AM »
Is this strange or is this just me being paranoid?  I recently went to my local Walmart to get groceries, this is a Walmart that isn't close to where my brother's murderer (who is now free after serving only 6 of his 15 year sentence) and his family live.  I won't go anywhere near that town by myself.  I am in Walmart getting the things that I need and look up to see the murderer's mother, needless to say I am shocked to see her and do a double take to make sure it's her.  It is and of couse I get a nervous and shakey, but I've got stuff to do and I'm sick and tired of the negative effect they have on my daily routine, so I decide to suck it up and finish my shopping. Eaiser said than done.  I try to go about my usual routine, going up and down each aisle.  I find it rather strange that the killers mom stayed at my pace at the outside row of every aisle, but never actually goes down any of the aisles.  Finally I got very upset and felt like I could have a panic attack right in the frozen food section, so I called my best friend on my cell phone.  The killers mom stopped and watched while I was in the frozen food section.  I finally just gave up and went to the check out and got out of the store.  While I was loading everything in my vehicle, she walked  by in the next parking row.  She really didn't do anything wrong, so why did this shake me up so badly? 
Thanks for listening, I just needed to grumble about this to someone, without being told that it was nothing and that I shouldn't get upset about these things.

jazzgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Is this strange???
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 10:24:15 AM »
Hi sad eyes,

Of course this is very strange. How weird that she would be standing at the end of every aisle you were on, but not shopping. Did she even have anything in her cart when you saw her in the parking lot? I would have been very creeped out. This just worried me when I heard this. I just want you to know that I am praying for you. If this continues, keep a written document of when you see her because then you have proof if you need it for stalking. I know that it is hard to get the police to do anything if it turns into that, but at least you will have some kind of proof.  God bless you for having to go thru such a tragedy.

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 09:55:43 AM »
Its not unusual to get panicky when you saw that woman.  She represents something very traumatic for you.  What you were expericencing was a little bit of post traumatic stress.   I get the same reaction when I see the uncle who molested me which was 20 yrs ago.

However,  it is strange that she was following you.  If it happens again I would report her to the local police officer/detective who was handling your brothers case.  She was stalking you and that is a crime that is reportable.

Was she intending to harm you? Who knows.  Probably not since she didnt approach you.  She may have just been trying to get up the courage to come apologize to you for all the pain her son has caused your family.  Its hard to know what was going thru her mind.   

Chalk this one time up as "strange".   But if there is a next time,  report it.

Autumn Leaves

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 10:48:35 AM »
I agree with everyone that it appeared she was stalking you, especially since she followed you out to your car. That was totally weird. i'd call 911 if it happens again and tell them someone is following you and threatening you. A threat is what you feel it to be and doesn't have to be them doing anything, not when you feel threatened by someone's presence.
RJ