Author Topic: I can't stop crying  (Read 7078 times)

CRCmom

• nospam
  • My precious child.
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Memorial Website
I can't stop crying
« on: April 16, 2007, 02:22:45 PM »
It used to be when a tradegy would happen I would feel sad, but always somewhat removed.  Now when I hear of a parent losing a child I fall apart.  This Virginia tech shooting has me so so upset.  I can't stop thinking about all those parents and what they are going to have to endure.  And of course it makes me miss my Christian so much more if that is even possible.

I know you will all pray with me for these students, siblings, parents, teachers, and so on.

Love you all
LOVE AND GRACE ON THE JOURNEY,
PAULA

Kathy

• nospam
  • Don
    • View Profile
Re: I can't stop crying
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 03:55:59 PM »
I just got home a little while ago and saw the news. My broken heart is broken even more today. The tears flow freely as I grieve for what those parents are now facing and will face for the rest of their lives. My thoughts and prayers are with the students, their families, teachers and us.

Kathy (Don's Mom)

laurasmom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 04:53:55 PM »
I know, I have sick to my stomach since I heard the news.  It just brings our own pain back in an instant, and knowing what those poor parents are going through, my heart breaks.  No one's child is safe anywhere it seems.
Lois, Laura's Mom

Brenda Taylors Mom

• nospam
  • I miss you so much my "big tough guy"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.taylor-lewis.memory-of.com
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 05:47:25 PM »
Paula, I know what you mean, all those parents lives are changed forever, all those children's lives are over, it's so very very sad  :'(

Dottie (Tammie's Mom)

• Tammie (My Precious Daughter) 8-9-65/9-14-05
    • View Profile
    • Project Tammie
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 06:11:25 PM »
I felt the sameway. I kept thinking about all the families starting this painful journey.

Dottie Tammie's Mom :'(

Rebecca

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 05:02:01 PM »
You have all said it all.
Rebecca Jason's Mom

Karen Paul

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • Chris Bascom Memorial
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 06:27:52 AM »
I completely agree.. didn't sleep last night.. stomach is churning.. so so sad thinking about what all those parents, friends and family members are going through.. and the long, long journey ahead for those parents.. just absolutely breaks my heart..

I hope when the cameras and media leave.. that they will still have much support around them, because we all know how important that is..

luv you all, Karen

ldmoody

• Always Remembered - Never Forgotten
    • View Profile
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 02:45:10 PM »
I know how you all feel I am so depress over that news... It brought me back to day one again and seems like we keep living that day over and over when I hear a child been lost...  My heart and prayers go out to those parents and children...

Lisa

"Always Remembered - Never Forgotten"
Russell Alan Moody Jr. - AKA Russell Boy
Mom - Lisa Moody

MARTHA(CANDI'S AUNT)

• nospam
  • AUNT MARTHA LOVES YOU CANDI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 01:12:32 PM »
YES, I'VE PRAYED FOR ALL THEIR FAMILY & FRIENDS. IT'S SO DEPRESSING.

MARTHA

Johanna

• nospam
  • Micheal at Wonderland
    • View Profile
    • Micheal's Memorial Website
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2007, 07:18:22 AM »
It's terrible isn't it?...  We have recently lost several of our young men in Afgnanistan up here in Canada (the latest one comes home today), and I keep thinking over and over that I used to be able to say, "I can't imagine what those poor parents are going through".  Now I can.  All too well.

Well, I've had the same thing running through my head since I first heard about the shootings in Virginia.  All of those poor parents... all of those poor moms and dads... Such devistation caused by one, single individual to so many, many people.  Like the ripple in the water when you throw a stone...

I've had that heavy feeling in my chest again all week.  I think it brings it all back for all of us.

Wishing you all peace and comfort and sending,
Love and hugs,
Johanna, Micheal's mom

Who, then, can so softly bind up the wound of another as he,
who has felt the same wound himself?
Thomas Jefferson

Chy Scott's Mom

• Me
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2007, 11:18:36 AM »
I think I am a horrible person.  There are times I know that because of this deep pain that I am almost unable to feel anything for anyone else.  Now, this process doesn't include coldness and callousness, I care, I feel and it's not tainted with an absorption of self-pity, it's just that this pain of others doesn't reach the magnitude of the pain I already have, like the difference between a splinter and a full whack witha hammer on a toe or finger or shin.  But yet I do still care and hurt for others.  I hate the fact that these family's of VA Tech kids will experience what we here experience.  I know that some will seek counceling, some might not be able to survive it.......so many things, how horrible, I'm horrible, it's horrible, I just don't know today about much!

CRCmom

• nospam
  • My precious child.
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Memorial Website
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2007, 11:39:22 AM »
You are not horrible.  I think we all know that the pain we feel is the worst ever and nothing can compare to that,  Part of my own pain in this whole even is because it is like I am reliving the early days of losing Christian.  It brings back that harsh reality.  No one wants to feel that and usually our pain is because of what we feel.  Please don't feel horrible, I am in the same boat.

LOVE AND GRACE ON THE JOURNEY,
PAULA

wintersnow

• My Ricky
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2007, 12:07:06 PM »
I understand what you mean when you say you feel like a horrible person - I've been trying to find the right words...  horrible person isn't right....  maybe it's guilt...  certainly I feel selfish and self absorbed when I think of all the horrible things happening to so many children....  I think I am foolish for my self pity and perpetual grief...  when we are loosing 100 soldiers a month in the middle east - I think...how can I be so self absorbed...  certainly their grief exceeds mine?

But that is the downward spiral.  We must try to stay on the upward spiral.

THE GRIEF SPIRAL

The Upward Spiral                     The Downward Spiral
Numbness/Shock                     Numbness/Shock
Emptiness/Solitude                  Emptiness/Isolation
Anxiety/Guilt/Shame                Fear/Anxiety/Guilt/Shame
Anger/Irritability                     Anger/Animosity
Sadness/Grief                         Resentment/Bitterness
Acceptance                           Sadness/Despair