Author Topic: made it to new board  (Read 9578 times)

Irene

• nospam
    • View Profile
made it to new board
« on: December 05, 2006, 11:15:09 AM »
Hi,

I am just signing in for the first time on this board. Hopefully, soon there will be others trying this out as well.
Irene

fingers16

• View Profile
Re: made it to new board
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 02:59:45 PM »
Ooooo I made it too. Took a little while though as there were some problems registering.

Isn't it clean in here. It smells of new carpets  ;D

Lonnie

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 06:01:52 PM »
Hi Irene! And Fingers you made me laugh out loud about the new carpets! Too cute! I find myself wanting to reference something on the old board, and unable to do so. That is sad, but at least we are up and running again thanks to wonderful Tom! Hope to chat with you more soon! Lonnie

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 10:06:24 AM »
I'm here too!!  :)
lauren E

fingers16

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 02:03:02 PM »
Glad I made you titter Lonnie. Sounds as if you could do with it right now. You're always so kind to everyone in here... it seems like you never miss a message and always have something positive to contribute. I really hope that life improves for you very soon and that you're feeling better physically and emotionally before too long

Huge Hugs!  :-*

Irene

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 06:18:26 PM »
Hi to everyone,

It's nice to see that some of you have made it here. Hopefully, there will be more soon, and especially those that really need the comfort that this board can provide.
Lauren, I've been thinking about you. Nice to see you hear Lonnie, and Fingers-nice to see that your humour made it here too. 

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2006, 07:18:07 PM »
Hi Irene,

Thanks for thinking of me.  You wont believe my Chicago trip.......

As you remember,  I was going on a shopping trip with 3 other women for a girls get a way,  last Sat.    By Wed  one of them cancelled.   And by Friday the rest of them cancelled.  There was no talking them into going, no matter how hard I tried.   So.........

Sat morning I got up and started my house wife routine....and just could not do it.    So.............

I hit the road.   Took an over nite bag and just hit the road,  not knowing where I was going or where I would end up.   That feeling was awesome!!

Stopped an hr outside of town,  and shopped a bit.   Drove another hr and a half and stopped for gas.   Asked the gas person if there was a train to Chicago anywhere close by,  and there was.   

20 minutes later I was on a train to Chicago.    1 1/2 hrs later I was in Chicago,  alone.  Took a taxi to a hotel,  hoping they had a room, which they did,  and away I went on my shopping trip on Magnificiant Mile.   

It was awesome.  I spent the nite in a nice downtown hotel,  stayed up as late as I wanted,   and went shopping some more on Sunday.  Was home by 6pm Sunday evening.

It was a much better get away than it would have been with the girls.   Sometimes life turns out that way.   

So that was my trip.  So much for being so concerned about social anxiety.
Thanks for thinking about me.   ttyl 

Irene

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 06:09:05 AM »
Hi Lauren,
   Your trip is something I dream about. I've often said to my kids,"Wouldn't it be great to just get in the car and drive, and spend a week or two with no destination in mind?" I still haven't done that.
   I hope that you will have that chance to get away with friends or co-workers. I think it would be great for you to see how much you can enjoy yourself in a group, but I am really happy that you got away and had fun. 

Lonnie

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2006, 05:28:14 AM »
LaurenE: That sounds like an awesome trip! Getting away for a change of scene and a change of pace is just what you needed! Hey, I'd love to do that!!!! How far was Chicago from where you parked your car? The hotel sounds great and the shopping fun, fun , fun! I am so happy for you!  ;D Footloose and Fancyfree!  8)  Hugs-Lonnie

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2006, 09:05:52 AM »
Thanks Lonnie, 

It was a blast.  I'm ready to do it again.   Everything fit into place so perfectly that I think God meant for it to happen and had a hand in it all.    Chicago was
1 1/2 hrs from where I parked the car.  And it went fast.  All I did was stare out the window, lost in thought, and watched the world go by.  It was breathtaking.   

And yes,  I truely did feel footloose and fancy free.   woo hoooo

Mary E.

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2007, 08:46:20 PM »
I found you all!!!  I haven't posted many times and don't post often (or I would have missed you sooner).  When I tried to find you last week, and I couldn't...well, it was awful!!!  Good to see a few names I recognize.

I'm moving in my grief...back and forth.  (Too) busy week ahead.  Will be back to post another time.

I'm so glad I found you!!! 

Mary E.